ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
BeachBusker OP
R.I.P. George
 
BeachBusker's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Cabo Pulmo, BCS, Mexico
Oddometer: 639
FOUND: KLR in Baja

I picked up this jewel just north of Villa Jesus Maria.

Thanks to many of you who helped to load. And a special Thank-You to the Federale Officer for his assistance in clearing up this accident. John and I searched all over Punta Prieta for the Federale Impound Yard for official release. All we could find were the Municipal Police and they couldn't figure out what our problem was. They said we could go to the yard at the Bay of LA intersection, but why bother?

The only problem I had was with the n00b border guard who wanted to send me to secondary. Twenty questions later, I enter good ol' EEUU.



If want to claim it, PM me for directions
__________________
bb....................................
BeachBusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:46 PM   #2
acejones
Beastly Adventurer
 
acejones's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: MS. Gulf Coast
Oddometer: 4,665
How did you enter the European Union from Mexico ?
__________________
I got tired of being here, so now I'm there
acejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #3
Pelon
Dia Por Dia
 
Pelon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones
How did you enter the European Union from Mexico ?
EEUU is an abbreviation for the Estados Unidos, or United States.
__________________
South . . . the answer lies south.
Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Bicycle Phil
Studly Adventurer
 
Bicycle Phil's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Left Coast
Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBusker
I picked up this jewel just north of Villa Jesus Maria.

Thanks to many of you who helped to load. And a special Thank-You to the Federale Officer for his assistance in clearing up this accident. John and I searched all over Punta Prieta for the Federale Impound Yard for official release. All we could find were the Municipal Police and they couldn't figure out what our problem was. They said we could go to the yard at the Bay of LA intersection, but why bother?

The only problem I had was with the n00b border guard who wanted to send me to secondary. Twenty questions later, I enter good ol' EEUU.



If want to claim it, PM me for directions
I'm a friend of the KLR owner...just sent a PM your way.

Thanks for all your efforts hauling the KLR back to EEUU
__________________
-Phil-
San Francisco Motorcycle Club

Thank you: MX1West, Renazco Racing, KTM Twins, Rally Management Services
Bicycle Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
BeachBusker OP
R.I.P. George
 
BeachBusker's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Cabo Pulmo, BCS, Mexico
Oddometer: 639
Sold!

To the riders from the San Francisco Motorcycle Club:



Edit: I apologize for the poor picture (bike leaving for Kalle's home town). I assume they returned OK according to John's post below. Thanks
__________________
bb....................................

BeachBusker screwed with this post 03-11-2008 at 01:06 PM
BeachBusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
SFMCjohn
13
 
SFMCjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA, 94102
Oddometer: 809
big THANK YOU to BeachBusker!

I'd like to say to BeachBusker, on behalf of myself, Kalle (owner of the totalled KLR in question, and the San Francisco Motorcycle Club, THANK YOU for offering to load up Kalle's KLR and deliver it to BeachBusker's home in Norco, CA, from where it was crashed just north of Villa Maria Jesus on 2/29/2007.

BeachBusker single handedly kept the KLR out of the impound yard by selflessly giving a ~750 mile ride and 10 days free storage tos ADV riders in sore need of assistance in Baja.

He offered to ´´negotiate´ with the Federale who wanted to impound the crashed KLR. We got the bike dragged up the embankment and heaved into the back of George´s pick-up truck, next to his Husquvarna, and when the Federale saw our progress, he decided not to write up a report and just send us on our way ... thank goodness for the kindness of strangers. I´d still be beside the road with Kalle´s KLR if it wasn´t for BeachBusker & the Canadian dual-sport riders who stopped to help load.

I can´t say enough about all the help Kalle recieved from the generous Mexican people, the ultimiatly nice Federale, the local Police, the truckdrivers, the Canadians, Frank, Cathy & Kent, Cary & Lisa, and Slim, Casey & Fritz & Brain, and the staff at the hospital, and the ambulance drivers, and ESPECIALLY BeachBusker!

None of Kalle´s possessions, documents, or money dissapeared, no one shook us down, everyone was helpful. (No crime in Baja on our 15 day trip down to La Paz & back, and a big break from the Federalies).

-- SFMCjohn
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #7
CA Stu
Thanks
 
CA Stu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Riverside, CA
Oddometer: 46,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFMCjohn
None of Kalle´s possessions, documents, or money dissapeared, no one shook us down, everyone was helpful. (No crime in Baja on our 15 day trip down to La Paz & back, and a big break from the Federalies).

-- SFMCjohn
Bump

I'm in Riverside, do you still need transport?

Thanks
CA
__________________
http://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k
CA Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
SFMCjohn
13
 
SFMCjohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA, 94102
Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu
Bump

I'm in Riverside, do you still need transport?

Thanks
CA
Thanks, we are all set for transport; we got the KLR home to San Francisco on 3/8 ...

Thanks again to BeachBusker as well as to everyone else who kindly responded to our predicament ...

Viva Baha! Can't wait to get back ...

SFMCjohn
SFMCjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014