User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 02:45 AM   #31
guymcfly OP
Banned

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Ok, I tried..No go, that site was even worse?! Having the part no. is a Catch 22 isn't it?
what exactly are you chasing??? if you want anything specific and have no part # for it do a post on KTM talk.com- if no-one here can help...the guys there seem to know a hell of a lot about everything, I'm sure they'll help you out with part #'s
guymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:07 PM   #32
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymcfly
what exactly are you chasing??? if you want anything specific and have no part # for it do a post on KTM talk.com- if no-one here can help...the guys there seem to know a hell of a lot about everything, I'm sure they'll help you out with part #'s
Thanks for the tips. I've got the BIKE but I'm still using my old road gear, some of which is close to 10 years old, so I do need to upgrade a few things including some farkles for the bike. The price you quoted seemed pretty good and that's what caught my attention but I suspect I might be resorting buying from one of Euro dealers(Sommer, etc.) for a better deal.
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #33
guymcfly OP
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the tips. I've got the BIKE but I'm still using my old road gear, some of which is close to 10 years old, so I do need to upgrade a few things including some farkles for the bike. The price you quoted seemed pretty good and that's what caught my attention but I suspect I might be resorting buying from one of Euro dealers(Sommer, etc.) for a better deal.

I understand...btw, I first came across the jacket on a site called something like KTM Verstand...or something similar. I gather it was just a euro retailer of ktm gear. That being said, I did not really check out the prices. A bit of googling should bring out a few options for price and kit. Good luck!
Old 05-04-2008, 12:05 PM   #34
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
without the brace...normal collar in place
I bought this jacket for better venting (for summer) and to fit with a neck brace for when I go offroad.

My impressions:
I like it. Seems quite well made. Fits me reasonably well. A bit garish in colour - but so is anything high-viz. It could do with a few less KTM logos... but thats a matter of taste.
It has about a bazillion pockets - if you are anything like me, you will never remember what you put in which pocket.
The venting is much better than my rukka jacket (which has none at all)

Negatives:
1) while the venting is good, the sleeves are a little tight at the wrists/forearms - so its hard to get any breeze up your armies. Hot and sweaty forearms if it gets warm...
(In contrast, my rukka jacket has big flared sleeves when they are fully open - which act like a wind-scoop & direct air up your arms. Not sure it was designed for that or an accident - I suspect the flared sleeves are more so to fit big gloves)

2) The collar arrangement when you're not wearing a neck brace is a bit pooh. The seal arrangement at the bottom is a bit shit - so water and cold air will pour into your chest area if its cold/wet. If its hot, you cant really wear the collar open either - the big flappy thing has nothing to fasten it to itself so the only thing you can do is close it or tuck it inside your jacket. Then there is the fiddly zip + Velcro arrangement to close it - impossible with gloves on - pretty impossible with helmet on too, because you need to see what you're doing - its too fiddly to do by feel. My advice is that if you don't mostly use this with a neck brace, this collar thing will piss you off.

3) The sleeves have a nice touch - loops for your thumbs. This keeps them in place & provides a nice seal with your gloves. Unfortunately, the material used is a very thin - so if there is the slightest tension, the material will cut into your thumbs & within an hour, you will want to unhook them before your thumbs drop off. This might be better with ppl with shorter arms.

All in all, its an ok jacket. If it wasnt for those 3 annoyances, I would be raving about it.
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #35
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozadvntr
I have a KTM Jacket on Eaby for $250, well worth it, presents as new.

Mick
An ebay ID will make all the difference
Old 05-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #36
guymcfly OP
Banned

I've ridden with mine a few times now, in various conditions...rain/shine cold...I don't really have any negs about the jacket. It fits well for my size, and altho' the collar is a bit of a fiddle, so is anything with a leatt on...and it can depend on how your brace is set as well. Vents are great, and open the sleeves up fully, I do get air up the arms. That may be due to my weedy muscle structure...

I never had any luck doing zips and stuff with gloves on, on any jacket, but at least these work. Colour is a bit garish, but some rain and sun should get it faded a bit so thats no biggy. As to rain and stuff getting down the collar, again, as Safariberg pointed out, the Leatt is a scoop so you have to get used to it.
A neck buff, about $20.00 from any mountain designs goes a long way to stopping drafts/bees/insects/bits of bush in general.

If its hot, I just unzip the collar completely and put it in the back pouch.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #37
johno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,911
Bloody copycats. Looks like they copy everything BMW make.

I have the BMW Savanna 2 jacket, similar to this one. Very good jacket IMHO.

Why does everyone knock the DriRider gear? I have had a good run out of their gear.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #38
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Quote:
I've ridden with mine a few times now, in various conditions...rain/shine cold...I don't really have any negs about the jacket. It fits well for my size, and altho' the collar is a bit of a fiddle, so is anything with a leatt on...and it can depend on how your brace is set as well. Vents are great, and open the sleeves up fully, I do get air up the arms. That may be due to my weedy muscle structure...

I never had any luck doing zips and stuff with gloves on, on any jacket, but at least these work. Colour is a bit garish, but some rain and sun should get it faded a bit so thats no biggy. As to rain and stuff getting down the collar, again, as Safariberg pointed out, the Leatt is a scoop so you have to get used to it.
A neck buff, about $20.00 from any mountain designs goes a long way to stopping drafts/bees/insects/bits of bush in general.

If its hot, I just unzip the collar completely and put it in the back pouch.
My negs about the collar malarky were mainly about when youre not wearing a Leatt. The sealing is poor at the bottom (for cold & wet) and it doesnt fold away (when its hot). Youre right - the solution is to take it all off. Which is fine - if thats what youre expecting.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:08 AM   #39
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo
An ebay ID will make all the difference
Is that for the KTM Rallye jacket? (As opposed to the other enduro, motard and adventure jackets they also do). That's a damn fine price if it's a Rallye jacket. What size? Pity I've just ordered a Rallye jacket from KTM-Versand. Greater pity that they're out of stock.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #40
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1
Is that for the KTM Rallye jacket? (As opposed to the other enduro, motard and adventure jackets they also do). That's a damn fine price if it's a Rallye jacket. What size? Pity I've just ordered a Rallye jacket from KTM-Versand. Greater pity that they're out of stock.
No it wasnt....
Old 05-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #41
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo
No it wasnt....
Well that's good. The thread is titled "KTM rally jacket" so I was worried I'd missed another good deal.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #42
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Whoo Hoo. Just got an email from KTM-Versand to say my KTM Rallye jacket has been despatched.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #43
guymcfly OP
Banned

Quote:
Whoo Hoo. Just got an email from KTM-Versand to say my KTM Rallye jacket has been despatched.
Out of interest, how did the price measure up compared to Aus?
Old 05-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #44
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
..And how did you work out your sizing?
I contacted Sommer re. size and their suggestion(XL) didn't correlate with what fits me, which is Euro 50.? Is Europe now using US sizing?
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:22 AM   #45
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterio
Out of interest, how did the price measure up compared to Aus?
Price has worked out to AUD$385 direct to my door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterio
..And how did you work out your sizing?
I contacted Sommer re. size and their suggestion(XL) didn't correlate with what fits me, which is Euro 50.? Is Europe now using US sizing?
I was lucky. "Rallye" bought one in size XXL and I got to try his on for size and figured one size smaller must be about right. Then it all became a moot point when they only have XXL and XXXL in stock with no new stock until early July at the earliest - with no guarantees of even that. Also there was only one XXL left so hopefully that's what they've sent. I can bulk up to fit it!