Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2008, 04:46 AM   #46
guymcfly OP
Banned

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
JayBo1 wrote, Price has worked out to AUD$385 direct to my door

Thats fine, price is good. And at least you have one rather than waiting on a 'maybe'. You can always layer up a bit...will be cold out there in August for the Safari...
guymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #47
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymcfly

Thats fine, price is good. And at least you have one rather than waiting on a 'maybe'. You can always layer up a bit...will be cold out there in August for the Safari...
Yep on all counts. It sure will be cold in August and with looong days and possible pre-dawn starts for the liaisons I'll be happy I fitted heated grips and splashed out on the jacket methinks.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #48
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1
Price has worked out to AUD$385 direct to my door.

I was lucky. "Rallye" bought one in size XXL and I got to try his on for size and figured one size smaller must be about right. Then it all became a moot point when they only have XXL and XXXL in stock with no new stock until early July at the earliest - with no guarantees of even that. Also there was only one XXL left so hopefully that's what they've sent. I can bulk up to fit it!
What happened to Euro sizing and do you know what fits you if using that? ...Hate the flappy jacket!
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #49
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,376
How does the water proof liner work in these. Is the out side layer water proof or an integral liner, or a zip in liner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariBerg
http://www.advrider.com/forums/attac...1&d=1205048200

This shot shows very clearly the one downside to the neckbraces

They are damn fine bug & vegetation debris scoops !!!

I have had multiple bugs, a couple of bees, lots of bits a bushes and some prickles end up going down inside the neckbrace

Damn bee on the Safari last year stung like hell
Have you guys seen these -

Name:  3PW082010.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  26.8 KB

NECK BRACE COVER
3PW082010

All over Neck Brace cover acting as a protection against wind and dirt in the neck area. Made of stretch jacquard fabric with Lycra and Neoprene inserts for perfect fit around the zipped collar.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!

rjf screwed with this post 05-25-2008 at 03:06 PM
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #50
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

My KTM Rallye jacket has arrived!

Yeeeehaaah. I pick the jacket up from the postshop this weekend. Found the card in the mailbox last night. Ordered it on 29 April, got confirmation that it was sent on 06 May and arrived here on 21 May.
EDIT: Oops forgot to say I love that neckbrace cover. Just the thing to those allergy bees away. I'll have to find where to get that from.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #51
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,240
I bought same jacket from shop JayBo - same size too. i love mine - all good so far. heaps of pockets. Can't work out what some bits are for - eg: the little rubberized hole in the front, what's that for?

Mine did take ages to come though. At the same time I bought the Adventure Pants in xxL but they are way too big for me. Couldn't be bothered to send them back. They are unworn. This is them...

http://www.ktm-versand.de/product_in...S-REGULAR.html

Anybody interested in buying them off me? Never worn.

That brace cover looks the go - where do ya get it?
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:56 AM   #52
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40
...Can't work out what some bits are for - eg: the little rubberized hole in the front, what's that for? .
Your drink tube comes through that rubberized hole (good description BTW ) from the pouch in the back of the jacket that your drink bladder goes in. Keeps the bladder and tube nice and clean and more importantly reduces the warming effect on the drink in the tube in hot conditions.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:10 AM   #53
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,240
Haven't even seen the bladder pocket yet! Seeing as how you are a fountain of knowledge JB - what is the small pocket in the middle at the front for? It is too small for most things I try to fit into it.

Used the jacket on a recent trip to Cameron's Corner and it was bloody good. Used most modes, zips closed, zips open, liner in, liner out. Haven't tested in wet yet though. The rubberized (that word again) zips look very good though as water barriers.
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:29 AM   #54
BigM
Hello :-)

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf
How does the water proof liner work in these. Is the out side layer water proof or an integral liner, or a zip in liner?

Have you guys seen these -

NECK BRACE COVER
3PW082010

All over Neck Brace cover acting as a protection against wind and dirt in the neck area. Made of stretch jacquard fabric with Lycra and Neoprene inserts for perfect fit around the zipped collar.
That can't possibly be easy to fit. The leatt as it is is OK, but then trying to fit that over and around it.. looks like it would be annoying, although i guess you would get the hang of it.
I like it though, although for 20Euro+ shipping, i don't like it THAT much :(
Leo Vince X3 Pipe, Scotts Steering Dampner, Woody's Rear Wheel + Cush Hub, Race Tech Gold Suspension, 18L Tank, Bark busters, Trail Tech SCMR16 HID Helmet Mount, Comfort Seat, Bark Busters, Stealth Sproket, Trail Tech X2, Michelin Desert

Cedo Nulli
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #55
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Haven't even seen the bladder pocket yet! Seeing as how you are a fountain of knowledge JB - what is the small pocket in the middle at the front for? It is too small for most things I try to fit into it.

Used the jacket on a recent trip to Cameron's Corner and it was bloody good. Used most modes, zips closed, zips open, liner in, liner out. Haven't tested in wet yet though. The rubberized (that word again) zips look very good though as water barriers.
I'm only going from memory of a brief look at "Rallye's" jacket a few weeks ago - untill I pick mine up on Saturday morning. I can't remember how to get to the bladder pocket. It might be from inside the back?? Just follow the rubberized hole back to a large pocket and then figure out how to get in there without going through the hole - don't get lost in there though.

I remember wondering about that small pocket at the front too. Packet of chewing gum?? Actually, looking at the Supp Reg's for the Safari and the requirement to carry a lighter, maybe perfect size for that? Is it long enough for a marker pen or highlighter for marking the route sheet? I'll have a think when I've got mine in front of me. I think there are more pockets than anyone could fill and still be able to lift the jacket up anyway. I loved those rubberized zips too!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:06 AM   #56
guymcfly OP
Banned

Oddometer: 953
I actually thught that little rubber coated aperture was for an ipod connector to be pushed thru..! Shows how much I checked it out.
guymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #57
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,374
Quote:
Haven't even seen the bladder pocket yet!
The pocket at the back above your arse - thats where the drink bladder goes. You will find a metal ring - for the hose to poke through to the inside of the jacket & some velcro straps up the LHS zip...

Quote:
Seeing as how you are a fountain of knowledge JB - what is the small pocket in the middle at the front for? It is too small for most things I try to fit into it.
Its a conversation starter

Quote:
Ive had opportunity to use mine on hot days & cold wet ones. Such is the joy of living in London in Spring.

As I suspected, the cold air & water leaks in where the two zips try and overlap - where the collar meets the rest of the jacket.

And, sadly, for my intended purpose, its not cooler than my vent-less Rukka jacket. Thats more to do with the fact that my ralleye jacket is a slightly tighter fit - there's less room for air to move (compared to my other jacket).

Other than that, its ok.
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #58
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,374
Quote:
and more importantly reduces the warming effect on the drink in the tube in hot conditions.
In my experience using hydration packs when hiking - the warming effect from being against your body is far greater. Im not a big fan of drinking piss-warm water
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #59
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo
In my experience using hydration packs when hiking - the warming effect from being against your body is far greater. Im not a big fan of drinking piss-warm water
Maybe in the UK but not over here in Western Australia mookymoo! I regularly race enduro and the first two mouthfulls, ie the juice in the tube, is hot and then I get the cool drink from the bladder. Of course I can only get one more mouthfull before I need to breathe and eject the mouthpiece.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 AM   #60
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,376
Quote:
Maybe in the UK but not over here in Western Australia mookymoo! I regularly race enduro and the first two mouthfulls, ie the juice in the tube, is hot and then I get the cool drink from the bladder. Of course I can only get one more mouthfull before I need to breathe and eject the mouthpiece.
Camelbak sell an insulated hose cover to stop that from happening Jay. Its called the "tube director", and you can also get the "camelback thermal control kit" - the insulateded hose cover and a mouthpeice cover.

So the water in the bladder doesn't heat up in the internal jacket pouch, you can use the camelbak unbottle models, as they are an insulated bladder with no straps. Just make sure its secure in the jacket - mine came lose during the first compeditive of condo 07

With the Rally jacket, is it water proof, and are the zips circled below vents also?

I reckon that small orange central pocket near the drink hose outlet could be to secure the drink hose mouthpeice, so the hose dosent swing around as much and the mouth peice dosen't get dusty.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote