Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #61
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf
Camelbak sell an insulated hose cover to stop that from happening Jay. Its called the "tube director", and you can also get the "camelback thermal control kit" - the insulateded hose cover and a mouthpeice cover.

So the water in the bladder doesn't heat up in the internal jacket pouch, you can use the camelbak unbottle models, as they are an insulated bladder with no straps. Just make sure its secure in the jacket - mine came lose during the first compeditive of condo 07

With the Rally jacket, is it water proof, and are the zips circled below vents also?

I reckon that small orange central pocket near the drink hose outlet could be to secure the drink hose mouthpeice, so the hose dosent swing around as much and the mouth peice dosen't get dusty.
Top tips. Ive never much liked water bladders since the water ends up warm. This could be the tip.

The Rally jacket's waterproofness is so-so. The big flaw is the seal (lack thereof) between the zip-on collar thing and the jacket (when youre not wearing a brace). You can stick your finger through the hole at the front... and naturally, water and cold air finds its way in there - more so the faster you go.

You might be onto something with that little front pocket... arsed if I know what else would fit in it - I can barely get my fingers in there..
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #62
rallye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
the little pocket at the front is for lip eze chap stick type of stuff. yes they've had dry lips too!!!!
rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:01 AM   #63
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye
the little pocket at the front is for lip eze chap stick type of stuff. yes they've had dry lips too!!!!
Yay - mystery solved
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #64
braaap!
waiting for the big one

Oddometer: 2,280
anybody know of other manufacturers making Leatt compatible jackets besides Acerbis / KTMRallyechina?...

Fox..

Thor..

Alpinestars..
braaap! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #65
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf
With the Rally jacket, is it water proof, and are the zips circled below vents also?

I reckon that small orange central pocket near the drink hose outlet could be to secure the drink hose mouthpeice, so the hose dosent swing around as much and the mouth peice dosen't get dusty.
No - those zips are more pockets. By the way - all/most of the pockets are plastic lined so stuff in them would not get wet.

I reckon that small pocket is for a MP3 player of some sort maybe and the hole could be used to run the wires up inside your jacket to headphones in your helmet.

As far as the cover for the brace goes - a cheaper alternative that I have tried is to put a MX jersey over the top of it. If you use a much larger size one it kinda works.
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #66
rallye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
mmm try putting your camelback mouthpiece in a pocket while your riding or racing, i find it hard enough to get it in my mouth.!!!
rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #67
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye
mmm try putting your camelback mouthpiece in a pocket while your riding or racing, i find it hard enough to get it in my mouth.!!!
It's easy.

I just do it whilst I'm stationary, staring at the RB trying to work out where the !@#$ I am.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:16 PM   #68
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete40
put a MX jersey over the top of it. If you use a much larger size one it kinda works.
Good tip Uncle Fester
Old 06-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #69
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,603
I spotted a genuine KTM Rallye jacket at Causeway KTM in Perth on Saturday. It was size XXL which is probably more like a L in our sizing over here (XL at a push). The unbelievable thing about it was the price. $369 was the sticker price! That is cheaper than ordering from KTM-Versand in Germany, which is where Rallye and I both bought from because they were the cheapest around (and one of the few with stock). If you're after one of these great jackets and you're in Perth, don't hesitate - it's unlikely you'll regret it if you're doing the Safari. (Of course if you don't ride a KTM you might need to buy some clothing dye to attack the orange bits )
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #70
InertiaDRZ400
AusSafari Addict

Oddometer: 583
Not any more Jaybo1 ! Seems to have dissappeared :P

Safari 2011 ! ........anticipation!
InertiaDRZ400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #71
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.

Oddometer: 985
Finally got to a proper ride in mine on Saturday, well, 300k's anyway. Left north shore area(Sydney)at 7 am, also wearing a t-shirt and polar fleece vest under it and discovered fairly quickly that it would be a great summer jacket as my arms started to get a bit cool after about 40mins. So, it seems the outer fabric is very breathable, which is really a plus for me because I've always had a problem with riding in the middle of summer. I was also able to zip up that neck collar first time without a mirror
Haven't yet got the neck-brace. Otherwise, very light, comfortable and certainly the bright colour makes you stand out but unfortunately still some blind bastards out there though ..Now have to work out how I'm going to use all these pockets?
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #72
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterio
Now have to work out how I'm going to use all these pockets?

I also took mine for a decent ride on Saturday. It was cool & a little sprinkley with rain - I stayed warm enough. Then it rained properly & I didnt fair so well... jacket did ok though

I was pretty much dry except for the water that found its way up my arms.
Those sleavy things with the thumb hook sure soak up the damn water. I literally had to wring them out. The Adventure screen kept the water out of my chest - I was predicting a flow of water through the bit where the zip-on neck cover and the rest of the jacket meets in the centre of your chest... but it faired ok.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #73
mysterio
Eventually an Adventurer.

Oddometer: 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo

I also took mine for a decent ride on Saturday. It was cool & a little sprinkley with rain - I stayed warm enough. Then it rained properly & I didnt fair so well... jacket did ok though

I was pretty much dry except for the water that found its way up my arms.
Those sleavy things with the thumb hook sure soak up the damn water. I literally had to wring them out. The Adventure screen kept the water out of my chest - I was predicting a flow of water through the bit where the zip-on neck cover and the rest of the jacket meets in the centre of your chest... but it faired ok.
I didn't use those thumb 'oles...Didn't know they were there.. Good to know that bit where the front zip meets the collar overlap didn't let in the water
mysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #74
crash n bern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by braaap!
anybody know of other manufacturers making Leatt compatible jackets besides Acerbis / KTMRallyechina?...

Fox..

Thor..

Alpinestars..
Any jacket with a slot in the rear for a drink bladder will work OK with a neck brace. Do the jacket up, and wear the neck brace on top. Just fit the rear arm of neck brace into the bladder opening. Use your camel back pack to hold it all in place. Or use the straps from the neck brace. You may have to, especially if you wear Dianese style body armour under your jacket, make some adjustments to the N.B. I removed the rear metal bracket and reversed it, and also used the larger side brackets. Typically these N.B's were designed for motocross and to be worn with those plastic MX style body armour and not jackets.

Or, you could just rivet/sew a piece of leather/vinyl on the back of any jacket for the rear arm of the N.B to slide into.

This way you can wear the jacket zipped up, water/wind proof. The N.B fits very well over the top of most jackets with internal body armour. You will only have some fitment issues when you wear a body armour suit under the jacket.
crash n bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 AM   #75
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterio
I didn't use those thumb 'oles...Didn't know they were there.. Good to know that bit where the front zip meets the collar overlap didn't let in the water
It wasnt a long ride in the rain and the rain wasnt that heavy... but yeah, the 950/990 Adv screen will take some of the pressure off...