Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2008, 03:11 AM   #76
braaap!
waiting for the big one

Oddometer: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash n bern
Any jacket with a slot in the rear for a drink bladder will work OK with a neck brace. Do the jacket up, and wear the neck brace on top. Just fit the rear arm of neck brace into the bladder opening. Use your camel back pack to hold it all in place. Or use the straps from the neck brace. You may have to, especially if you wear Dianese style body armour under your jacket, make some adjustments to the N.B. I removed the rear metal bracket and reversed it, and also used the larger side brackets. Typically these N.B's were designed for motocross and to be worn with those plastic MX style body armour and not jackets.

Or, you could just rivet/sew a piece of leather/vinyl on the back of any jacket for the rear arm of the N.B to slide into.

This way you can wear the jacket zipped up, water/wind proof. The N.B fits very well over the top of most jackets with internal body armour. You will only have some fitment issues when you wear a body armour suit under the jacket.
C&B, wise words thanks! I've been doing a little experimenting myself since my post and have arrived at same conclusions... one just needs not be scared of cutting some holes and threading a needle.... and I got a ktm jacket coming in the post too

cheers
braaap! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #77
Indo2002
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
http://www.ktm-versand.de/index.php/...D-JACKETS.html

I've bought lots of stuff from these people in Germany, they're very efficient, you'll have it in around 10-14 days. Euro197 less 19% + postage.

Cheers
Old 02-26-2009, 03:55 PM   #78
Micl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
I got the last one

When I picked up the new bike I ordered a Rally JAcket last week. Apparently there were no XLs but I thought the large would be OK and the KTM Importers apparently had 1. I have it now sorry if you have to wait but its a cool jacket..

Micl
Micl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #79
Zurgg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
US site for jackets too:

http://www.ktmcyclehutt.com/ktmstore...weatshirts.htm
Old 02-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #80
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurgg

KTM Cyclehut policy.

WE DO NOT PROCESS INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 AM   #81
scottmoto16
Scooter Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,076
Bought my Rallye jacket (earlier version ) at Sommer KTM Germany.

They are now called KTM Team West.

Price off their website , less 19% tax + post.

Postage for my Jacket was 40 euro.

Link to new Rallye jacket.

http://ktmteamwest.com/shop/catalog/...ducts_id=29482

Price = 237 eur
Less tax = 192 eur
Plust postage 40 eur (assuming that hasn't changed)

232 eur = $455 aud delivered.

Most of the US KTM dealers will not ship to Australia anymore.
KTM world still do , but they don't list the Rallye jacket on their web site.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:28 AM   #82
francs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
KTM apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildingo
Shit that;s no good . I can not find a decent rally ,off-road or enduro jacket .. Who make KTM apparel. surly there must be a jacket laying around somewhere ?
http://www.sinisalo.com/index.php?id...=0&color=black
I come across this.
francs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 AM   #83
rjf
SBS's #1 fan in January

Oddometer: 4,365
Another option for a leat compatible Jacket-

Brand new product for 2009, the Blais Jacket is perfect for trail riding in the desert or in the woods.

Features:
  • Leatt Brace compatible / Removable collar
  • Water proof textile jacket
  • Full polyester mesh liner
  • Heavy duty waterproof zippers
  • Zip-Open/Close intake and exhaust vents
  • Elastic waist in back with adjustable belt
  • Adjustable sleeve, waist, wrist and arms
  • Reflective logos on sleeve and back of jacket
  • Reflective stitching on shoulder
  • Lightly padded shoulders and elbows
  • Attached fanny bag in cargo pocket
  • Leather taping on arms
  • Eight pockets
  • Extra arm vents
http://catalog.troyleedesigns.com/ca...oducts_id=2017

Or to send your $$$ to a good cause buy it from the guy the jacket is named after (cheaper too) - http://blaisracingservices.com/troy-.../prod_696.html
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadslide, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming- WOW-WHAT A RIDE!
rjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #84
Micl
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildingo
Mate I'm glad it's so kool. lol ...

who did you order it through bloke ?
I just got it through my local KTM dealer. They ordered it and had it in 2 days. Retail is about $370 which is same as DRyriders and stuff. I find the jacket really comfortable. With the vents open its OK on a hot day, still a little hot and it seems warm enough for cool mornings, see how it handles canberra winters though. Only ridden in short storm so far but seemed waterproof enough not sure how it will cope with all day in the rain. It fits OK with the Leat but I havn't ridden with it yet. I am thinking about ordering the pants for winter use down here, anyone tried them?

MicL
Old 03-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #85
guymcfly OP
Banned

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoto16
KTM Cyclehut policy.

WE DO NOT PROCESS INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - INTERNATIONAL ORDERS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.

If you get completely stuck, try a post forwarding service (like price usa), they will buy for you, and only charge 5%.

Can work out very well on some items that are ridiculously marked up for Aus.
guymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #86
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,150
Hi,

I already have my KTM Rallye Jacket. Wears nice and confortable with the leatt brace on, that is why i bought it.

I have already removed all internal pads: shoulders, elbows and the ridicoulous small back protector. cause i will always wear it with a thor protection jacket under it.

How is the camel back be supposed to install?. It doesn´t look like a regular water bag would fit on that small back protector pocket. And it is not clear for me how to guide the camel back hose to the outshell front hole...........

the jacket has the amazing ammount of: 8 front pockets, 3 internal pockets, 2 sleeves pockets, 4 back pockets, plus that small front one for the camel back hose. A TOTAL OF 18 POCKETS ˇˇˇˇˇˇ

i´ve already used this jacket for enduro riding, trail riding and road riding.
only complain is that air enters through a small open space between collar and front zipper. i´ll try to narrow that with some additional velcro. any way, i seriously recommend to wear a thermal neck layer under the brace, specially in cold weather. it keeps you warm and prevents some erosions on your neck skin with the brace. for warm weather, a cotton buff will bake the deal. see dakar riders all are wearing something on the neck.

Cordura materials looks strong enough for branches abusing and in case of falling, even on asphault.

the colour is too bright (orange, beige) but it will turn darker when used, specially on spring&summer dusty rides.

i bought this one because acerbis desertika looked too light and bright to me. there are not many options, let´s see that troy lee blais jacket..........to be released soon.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #87
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,369
Is anyone else losing buttons on their jacket?

They are falling off mine like flies. 2 gone already ....
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #88
guymcfly OP
Banned

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo

only when I stacked a couple of times...lost one then but they were pretty hard offs. I used to loose heaps from my dri rider jacket but I think it was one of the bad batch ones.

no problems generally tho'
guymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:07 AM   #89
Micl
Gnarly Adventurer

Water Bladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaris
Hi,

How is the camel back be supposed to install?. It doesn´t look like a regular water bag would fit on that small back protector pocket. And it is not clear for me how to guide the camel back hose to the outshell front hole...........

I have one as well but havn't ridden with my Leat yet but love the jacket works really well best jacket i have owned.

The big back pocket has a metal eylet hole on the inside if you put the hose through this and run round the bottom inside the jacket and up inside the left zipper through the 2 velcro loops and then through the jacket holes and out through the little rubber grommet at the front. You can put the end in the little middle pocket although its hard to do while riding. The only problem is the back pocket is quite small so ideally suited to about a 1.5l bladder. Mine is a 3l and I can squeeze just under 2 and still fit it in the pocket. I am going to get a smaller bladder for it but you then need to carry any extra water somewhere else. I'm using camel back bladders as I believe they are way better than anything else.

Regards

Micl
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 AM   #90
JayBo1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo

Yep - I've lost heaps of them. Don't use the domes - just rely on the velcroe and double flap arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micl
The big back pocket has a metal eylet hole on the inside if you put the hose through this and run round the bottom inside the jacket and up inside the left zipper through the 2 velcro loops and then through the jacket holes and out through the little rubber grommet at the front.
Thanks dude!! Mystery solvered.
KTM 530 EXC-R (R for Rally, right!!) ... or Retired or Redundant
Cagiva 750 Elefant - Lucky Explorer '88
JayBo1 is offline   Reply With Quote