ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #136
roninwva
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Hey Mossman 4X4. Met you and the better half at the Exon is St. Albans the other day. Be out of town for next week but should be able to ride after that. Give us a shout. Did 250 miles today around southern Ohio. Found a couple real nice roads. Good looking bike!

I'm in for a ride around Charleston area this summer.

CMA
PGR
HOG
91 FLHTC
04 Kodiak 450
06 Wee-Strom
roninwva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #137
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
I thought I would post a few pics from todays ride. I had to go solo . I guess thats what I get for not working Fridays. Stayed off any real bad stuff since I was alone, but did manage to get in about 60 miles of gravel and dirt.

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #138
9Dave
Bazinga!

Oddometer: 12,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrmike
Lets do a meet and greet over pie somewhere
PIE?

dunno.....
9Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #139
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-950
PIE?
Did someone say PIE?

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:53 AM   #140
9Dave
Bazinga!

Quote:
Yep,PIE

Looks like we're gonna have to have a rfp in WV
You know there is a cross-border agreement between Central and SE that we can RFP in other Regions!

Dave

dunno.....
Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #141
WFOhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Hey Ryan,nice ride.Looks like Seckman,The road up behind the upper fields,and sugar valley. Just for your info.John,Kay,and I are headed to the Gandy area Monday.Breakfast here @ 08:30. Chris,ya wanna go.Camping monday night and coming back late tuesday.
Your partially right Mike. One is taken on Shortcut RD. Looks like it would have been a fun rd. to ride but they just recently graveled it. Have fun in the mountains.

And remember, people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. - E. B. 1980
WFOhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #142
9Dave
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFOhillbilly
Your partially right Mike. One is taken on Shortcut RD. Looks like it would have been a fun rd. to ride but they just recently graveled it. Have fun in the mountains.
Hey Ryan - I was lost on Shortcut Rd. on the way back to the house from Meadville. It didn't look like it went all the way through, at least the part we were on. Looked like a good place to go explore.

Dave

dunno.....
Old 05-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #143
onaXR
Druid

Oddometer: 2,086
I just happen to know of a place that has homemade pie .
I will do a re con ride soon and taste the pies to make sure they are up to standard then post a date. Hows that sound.

Mike you should have rode the tiger down Victor and I busted from the normal and just rode alone Seneca, Davis, Thomas, Dolly sods, and all the pavement in between.
After 37 years I finally seen 2 bear cubs in the wild IN THE ROAD!!!!!!! no pics I was afraid of momma after they cubs screamed at me when they ran away.
Dolly sods
Old 05-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #144
somecallmetim
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon
Did someone say PIE?

I like pie.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #145
somecallmetim
Surf &/or Die

Oddometer: 1,113
Aw shucks, I was going to go up to the house thursday nite and make Rich drink it, but after a hard day of riding the house seemed pretty far away & there was a cooler full of normal beer right there by the camp fire... Anyhow,glad you liked it.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #146
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
About 6:50 last night I was headed to the fire dept for our business meeting.. I top the hill on the southern end of Canaan Valley and see a car pulled off on the shoulder and three bikes. One against the guardrail, one against a pole and the other on its side. 3 people were milling around. First thought - crap someone went down. Other car pulls away so I stop in case I need to contact dispatch. I pull up and ask if everyone is ok. A very friendly looking guy steps up and says they are ok, just got a flat. No centerstand so the bike is on its side. We have never met so he had quite the look of confusion on his face when I said hello to him by name. Truth be told, I think it was the beautiful blonde who was overseeing the operation that keyed me in to who he was.

Hope you guys had a great ride!

wvrocks screwed with this post 05-06-2008 at 06:25 AM
wvrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #147
9Dave
Bazinga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvrocks
We have never met so he had quite the look of confusion on his face when I said hello to him by name.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvrocks
Truth be told, I think it was the beautiful blonde who was overseeing the operation that keyed me in to who he was.

OK - so who had the flat?

Dave

dunno.....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #148
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Glad you guys had a good ride. Hopefully next we can all get together next time you are in the area.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #149
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,138
Lilac

The smell of Lilac consumed my ride Sunday. The Autumn Olive have the the same fragrance. Are we in Heaven or what?

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 PM   #150
KayLR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-950

OK - so who had the flat?

Dave

I did -I did! Mike is my hero!!!! We had just come off a pretty rough fireroad between Black water and Canaan and hit the blacktop when I heard a weird noise--then I got the wobble and pulled over immediately. John pulls up behind me and saw my rear tire almost completely flat--He ask me if Mike would come back-he was leading--I said "Oh yea, and probably freaking out" he was kinda ,he said when he didn't see my headlight behind him...so we got off the road and Mike pulls the wheel off and takes out the tube which had a staple in it-just a iddy biddy staple...put a new tube in and then it leaked--took it back out and it had a worn spot on it after being dragged around in those (carry everything but the kitchen sink) panniers--so he got his patch kit out--again,everything-and patched it -it held so he and John stood it up propped up with a stick and put it back on-Mikey takes care of everything -I have pics of all this and will get a ride report together tommorrow and get a link here...we had a great two days in the mountains and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!--
Just a side note--when we got home we had a message from bigrigger(Rick)--his son WFOhillbilly (Ryan)went down last evening on his bike and is in the hospital with 3 broken bones in his foot and his leg is broken above his ankle--Mike talked to him a bit ago-he is doing fine --all worried about his bike--I said he is a young grasshopper and has many bikes to go thru yet!!! Mike told him they make em everyday--he is in Marietta Memorial--we'll know more tommorrow..
07 silver wee-strom----sold
I was dual before it was cool!!!
KayLR is offline   Reply With Quote