ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #2371
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by onaXR
To the H.O.G. rally riders in Charleston that tried to whoop up on the orange dual sport on rt119 today .

Details please
Old 09-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #2372
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Speaking of WV Harleys, I spotted this at a steakhouse in Parkersburg today... kinda neat! Looks like a Velorex sidecar, so it may be fellow inmate prichmon as I saw in the sidecar forum here that he was working on something like this:

Not a harley guy, but I kinda dig it.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #2373
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
If I had to have a Harley, that looks like the one to have.
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #2374
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Who was on the blue KLR down around Racine today at the park. It looked to have some ADV stickers on it. We also passed what looked like an older DR in Beckley.
Speaking of Hogs, We got behind a group of four on rt3 before whitesville so. I pulled off and got gas, caught back up to them before Arnett.
Sad thing is I was in two-up cruise mode with the wifey, although I did drag a peg or two on the uly. Of course I got behind them on the nice curvy section, so I had to pass them first chance I got.
They give you looks when you go blowing past them.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:35 PM   #2375
onaXR
Druid

Oddometer: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by buff36
Details please
riding home from work minding my own business ( I got a warning ticket last week) I get caught at a red light by Logans on corr-G, 3 rumble bikes line up in the next lane (headed toward quaker steak no doubt) and look me over with the required throttle blips (I know I have owned a few of em) light changes and they launch I roll out then hammer it, ya know how it ends.
I giggle all the way home. I really dont know why they do that stuff.

I wonder if they even brought it up at the dinner table? "Gee that dirt bike was quick eh" "Whats up with that guys helmet visor?" " That kinda sounded like a V twin " lmao

EDIT= diclaimer before the HD police start on me. I have owned a softail custom, a buell T-bolt, and a rigid wide glide with a evo.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #2376
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
Quote:
riding home from work minding my own business ( I got a warning ticket last week) I get caught at a red light by Logans on corr-G, 3 rumble bikes line up in the next lane (headed toward quaker steak no doubt) and look me over with the required throttle blips (I know I have owned a few of em) light changes and they launch I roll out then hammer it, ya know how it ends.
I giggle all the way home. I really dont know why they do that stuff.

I wonder if they even brought it up at the dinner table? "Gee that dirt bike was quick eh" "Whats up with that guys helmet visor?" " That kinda sounded like a V twin " lmao

EDIT= diclaimer before the HD police start on me. I have owned a softail custom, a buell T-bolt, and a rigid wide glide with a evo.
It's always fun to do that, though I'll occasionally run across the random Harley rider who "gets it" and owns a dual sport or adventure bike in addition to his chrome Hog.

I'll probably own some kind of a Harley some day, the Mrs. and I have seen a few we wouldn't mind doing some road touring on.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #2377
onaXR
Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox
It's always fun to do that, though I'll occasionally run across the random Harley rider who "gets it" and owns a dual sport or adventure bike in addition to his chrome Hog.

I'll probably own some kind of a Harley some day, the Mrs. and I have seen a few we wouldn't mind doing some road touring on.
Oh I know some of them get the dual sport thing, Like Dad he has one and a GS. What I dont get is why they want to jump and race anything that looks fast.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #2378
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:

and i thought I was indecisive.

right after the conversation earlier I had to answer two ppls questions about my big black "dirtbike"

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #2379
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker
Who was on the blue KLR down around Racine today at the park. It looked to have some ADV stickers on it. We also passed what looked like an older DR in Beckley.
Speaking of Hogs, We got behind a group of four on rt3 before whitesville so. I pulled off and got gas, caught back up to them before Arnett.
Sad thing is I was in two-up cruise mode with the wifey, although I did drag a peg or two on the uly. Of course I got behind them on the nice curvy section, so I had to pass them first chance I got.
They give you looks when you go blowing past them.
It was me we had our class reuniun. I was looking at all thye bikes wishing I could be out riding
Old 09-05-2010, 04:31 AM   #2380
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Whats up with reving the engine as there backing up. I have always wanted to ask if reverse was slipping or something
Old 09-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #2381
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff36
It was me we had our class reuniun. I was looking at all thye bikes wishing I could be out riding
Hey at least you rode to your class reunion. I just went to Fayetteville for dinner
Old 09-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #2382
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

[quote=JTucker]Hey at least you rode to your class reunion. I just went to Fayetteville for dinner[/quote
I ran into a guy who just bought a yellow ninja who lives in Hurricain(misspelled) keep an eye out I told him about a crazy guy with a Ully
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #2383
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=buff36]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker
Hey at least you rode to your class reunion. I just went to Fayetteville for dinner[/quote
I ran into a guy who just bought a yellow ninja who lives in Hurricain(misspelled) keep an eye out I told him about a crazy guy with a Ully
It's orange too, those are the fast ones.

My rear tire is shot, I'll probably be riding something else for the next few days. Btw, don't try conti-motion tires, my rear is done with about 3k on it. Then again it could just be me.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #2384
onaXR
Druid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd
and i thought I was indecisive.

right after the conversation earlier I had to answer two ppls questions about my big black "dirtbike"
Its not indecisive, its trying all the flavors before you settle on your favorite. Mine happens to be a mix of a bunch of flavors. Some dirt, some asphalt, some power, some comfort, topped with some sweet exhaust noise.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #2385
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,544
Thinking of riding maybe this evening, but definitely a dayride tomorrow maybe. Hit me up if anyone is as bored as me

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote