ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #2596
MaverickH1
Hummer H7 Rider

Oddometer: 385
Awww, boooo. I thought you had fallen off the bike and had a monumental face plant. It was all a hoax!

MaverickH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 PM   #2597
MaverickH1
Hummer H7 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchindirt
I'm kind of a Bath Co. native too! I lived in Bacova for 25 yrs or so and went to Bath Co. High School. Still have lots of family down there. Let me know when you want to take that day ride.
I graduated from BC High in '03. Come back every now and then.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #2598
Gaston Gagne
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,961
I'm bringing my DRZ 400 out to Summersville Lake this weekend. Sort of planning to hit Cranberry Glades one day, and I'm not sure what else. Maybe try to find some random back roads in Clay County or might head down toward Fayetteville. The possibilities are mind boggling.

Anyway, if anyone has some "don't miss" suggestions, I would be very grateful for the local beta. You know, the kind of roads where four wheelers outnumber automobiles.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:48 AM   #2599
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Gagne
Anyway, if anyone has some "don't miss" suggestions
I figure you know most of this already, but here goes.

East

Manning/Cold Knob to Friars Hill. There is a really nice, really sporty shorty out of Friars. Duff in all of it's lovely forms. Meander paralleling 219 to Droop. Take the time to look in the visitor center at Cranberry, shouldn't take but about 30 minutes. DO NOT leave without a walk on the boardwalk.

West

Twentymile/Nicholas/cr-20/1 has been commandeered by Consol Coal. They have gated a pretty big chunk of real estate in that area. But from cr-30 North is a maze of clay/sand and, "Can you spell wet panties?".

North

A ways but, Porto Rico.

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:49 AM   #2600
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickH1
Awww, boooo. I thought you had fallen off the bike and had a monumental face plant. It was all a hoax!

No it was a faceplant this was alittle later that day. There is videos to come just be patient
Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #2601
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaston Gagne
I'm bringing my DRZ 400 out to Summersville Lake this weekend. Sort of planning to hit Cranberry Glades one day, and I'm not sure what else. Maybe try to find some random back roads in Clay County or might head down toward Fayetteville. The possibilities are mind boggling.

Anyway, if anyone has some "don't miss" suggestions, I would be very grateful for the local beta. You know, the kind of roads where four wheelers outnumber automobiles.

Thanks in advance.
I should be out on the KLR after work saturday. Look for a blue one covered in stickers around Flatwoods or Gassaway
Old 10-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #2602
MaverickH1
Hummer H7 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff36
No it was a faceplant this was alittle later that day. There is videos to come just be patient
lol. Then, good.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #2603
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
lol. Then, good.
3rd one that weekend
Old 10-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #2604
Gaston Gagne
Past Easy

Oddometer: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by intothenew
I figure you know most of this already, but here goes.

East

Manning/Cold Knob to Friars Hill. There is a really nice, really sporty shorty out of Friars. Duff in all of it's lovely forms. Meander paralleling 219 to Droop. Take the time to look in the visitor center at Cranberry, shouldn't take but about 30 minutes. DO NOT leave without a walk on the boardwalk.

West

Twentymile/Nicholas/cr-20/1 has been commandeered by Consol Coal. They have gated a pretty big chunk of real estate in that area. But from cr-30 North is a maze of clay/sand and, "Can you spell wet panties?".

North

A ways but, Porto Rico.
Thanks! I know which way the wave is going to kick you at the bottom of Sweet's Falls, but aside from the shuttle runs and the TWVT, I'm still fumbling around. The term "maze" is a bit intimidating.

Looking forward to it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 AM   #2605
MaverickH1
Hummer H7 Rider

Quote:
3rd one that weekend
I'm starting to think that we need to keep you on heavy bikes. You seem to get yourself into less trouble.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #2606
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm starting to think that we need to keep you on heavy bikes. You seem to get yourself into less trouble.
This is true the DRZ400 is up for sale. And I am rejetting the KLR so I dont kill Wvdyhrd the next go round.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #2607
riderddonald
Lost rider

Oddometer: 572
klrmike, Paniers yet?

Hey mike, coming through Seneca rocks sunday on my way back from Va I got wondering if you finally broke down and ordered the paniers yet? Need pictures when you get them. looked at the weather for the weekend and thought about heading to the mountains again then my wife reminded me of a "two day wedding" we have to attend. saturday is a dinner and party and wedding is sunday afternoon. Talk about screwing up everyones weekend. maybe next weekend if the weather holds.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #2608
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrmike
Yep

Ordered when I got back. Should be here Thur/Fri. Kay and I, Sparky 11 and maybe Dox are headed over Friday mid morning. Probably without Panniers
Leaves are suppose to be @ 70% this weekend. Not sure where we are riding, but probably staying at Yokums again ( Fer Kay ) I was going to send ya a note this evening now that I know I'm goin for sure. Gabby has the Baby Bur this weekend so he is out. Camera along on this trip I know one ride we are taking and that is the old Staunton/Parkersburg route we were on last weekend. The rest is up in the air. Did you make it to Rellas last trip ?
finally pulled the trigger on em? good job wish i could make it up that way soon, we need to ride.

This week replacing the bearing's on the rear of the tiger ...any tips?

Quote:
This is true the DRZ400 is up for sale. And I am rejetting the KLR so I dont kill Wvdyhrd the next go round.
I'll just wear a gas mask jk

why the 400 up for sale? YOu just started playing on it

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #2609
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrmike
Yep

Ordered when I got back. Should be here Thur/Fri. Kay and I, Sparky 11 and maybe Dox are headed over Friday mid morning. Probably without Panniers
Leaves are suppose to be @ 70% this weekend. Not sure where we are riding, but probably staying at Yokums again ( Fer Kay ) I was going to send ya a note this evening now that I know I'm goin for sure. Gabby has the Baby Bur this weekend so he is out. Camera along on this trip I know one ride we are taking and that is the old Staunton/Parkersburg route we were on last weekend. The rest is up in the air. Did you make it to Rellas last trip ?
I'm still up in the air, but if I go, I may camp out at my special place and meet up with ya for ridin'.

Thought I had a little cold comin' on this morning when I woke up, hopefully it's just sinuses or something from the change in weather (or maybe my house being too damn cold, as the wife says )

I'm gonna take care of my shifter issue on the strom and start packing up tonight hopefully, that way if all goes well I will just hop on the bike after work on Friday.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #2610
cleanair
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
if ridin' anywhere through elkins this weekend don't forget it's forest festival weekend and the traffic will be bad, real bad!
cleanair is offline   Reply With Quote