ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #7201
MaverickH1
Hummer H7 Rider

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffWv View Post
Text me when ya get here I have yet to go on a good DS ride..
You got it!

The schedule will probably be: Arrive on Friday night, camp somewhere, ride Saturday, camp somewhere, ride a little Sunday, head back.

AFAIK.

I just hope my favorite camping spot will be open... and I hope that it rains some so I won't break a leg off the rope swing.
MaverickH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #7202
MaverickH1
Hummer H7 Rider

Oddometer: 385
Actually, that weekend won't work. I've got to be at the 6th District GOP Convention on the 5th. Shite.

I'll be in touch, Buff!
MaverickH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #7203
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Gabby- Passed ya on the WV side of 50 after dad and I crossed the new bridge. Where did your travels take you today?

Dad and I went to Athens Cycle Center. Dad thinks he wants a Hardly-Ridable to add to his garage. I think he's nuts. I can make a "bike" to the same specs with scrap metal, hammer and lathe. Every Christmas after he gets one I'll buy him a pirate costume from the Halloween clearance rack. Anyhow... we then we rode down to the Wild Horse Cafe in Pomeroy and had dinner and then back to the 'berg. It was a nice ride, 230mi, too much black-top for me though.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #7204
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
My travels consisted of DuPont and St Joe to see my grandad. Nothing too exciting I'm afraid. At least I'm not looking at a Hardly-Ableson..
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #7205
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
My travels consisted of DuPont and St Joe to see my grandad. Nothing too exciting I'm afraid. At least I'm not looking at a Hardly-Ableson..
Yeah, I couldn't believe we were looking at Harleys. I was kinda duped into it. I thought we were goin to look at KTMs! We were in the shop lookin at the Harleys and some douche bag comes in and yells "Who's on the BMW's, you're parked in our way!" There was plenty of room to turn around for *most* riders, but they couldn't seem to maneuver their pigs around. Had I not been with my overly kindly father, I'd have appologized and told them I forgot Harley riders couldn't ride well enough to get around another motorcycle in a parking lot. I have little use for a Harley and even less use for the majority of people that ride them. If you want to see a tough rider, he's the one with mud on his tires, smile on his face and more miles on his bike than your car. Odds are he'll be an ADV rider

I did get to look at the KTM's a little, but if I you combined Herewego, Gabby and WVHillbilly's garages you'd have a bigger shop full of orange bikes I guess AOMC has spoiled me! So much orange in that place I need sunglasses! I'm glad it's offset with a little 'berg blue and some red white and green.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #7206
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,974
A Harley.
My condolences.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #7207
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
A Harley.
My condolences.
I know! There are few things on two wheels i dont absolutely love. Mopeds and harleys are it. And some mopeds have redeeming factors lol

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #7208
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,646
bholmes What time were you at Athens Sport Cycles? I was in there around 1PM on lunch, unsuccessfully searching for DRZ400 parts. Next time you head that way, let me know so we can do lunch or something.

You weren't the only BMW there today
Old 04-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #7209
IngoldWV
Dingo

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes View Post
I know! There are few things on two wheels i dont absolutely love. Mopeds and harleys are it. And some mopeds have redeeming factors lol
Just wait until I build my Harley. You'll like it... You might forget that I'm going to build one though by the time I get to it. Let's see garage, house, RD, and... hopefully a GS. (Haven't ridden a KTM Adventure yet though)
IngoldWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #7210
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Im finally getting some videos loaded from Sundays dual sport ride...
http://youtu.be/aI68yU-YBD4?hd=1

http://youtu.be/vXMdylQXBKE?hd=1
http://youtu.be/9fS01iTFKDU?hd=1

http://youtu.be/VUxgMazNacc?hd=1

Rider_WV screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 12:01 PM
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #7211
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoldWV View Post
Just wait until I build my Harley. You'll like it... You might forget that I'm going to build one though by the time I get to it. Let's see garage, house, RD, and... hopefully a GS. (Haven't ridden a KTM Adventure yet though)
Haha by the time you build your harley ill be senile enough to like it at the rate I'm. Goin :lol I like the adventures alot. Ride one if you get the chance. Far better suspended off road than the GS but i like the GSs better on road. The 1200GS are worlds better than my 1100 too btw.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #7212
Gabby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes View Post
Haha by the time you build your harley ill be senile enough to like it at the rate I'm. Goin :lol I like the adventures alot. Ride one if you get the chance. Far better suspended off road than the GS but i like the GSs better on road. The 1200GS are world$$$ better than my 1100 too btw.

Fixed
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #7213
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post

very nice

i can taist the dust
Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #7214
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Gotta do that ride again, plan on the Summersville trip this summer. You must have a lot of video.
wvridgerider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #7215
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvridgerider View Post
Gotta do that ride again, plan on the Summersville trip this summer. You must have a lot of video.
I have over 40 vids to go through. Uploading takes forever so it will be next week before I get more up.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote