ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #7516
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,189
I pulled the plug last night and yep, its still too rich. Solid black.

WOW this thread died, i hope everyone is out riding so they are too busy to post.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #7517
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,328
i got pix of the airhead out and about, it has sort of knobbies on it if that counts as dual sport
Old 06-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #7518
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,277
Hello West Virginian FFs!

My boyfriend and I are heading down to your beautiful part of the country in one week (DRZ400 and Honda Transalp), yippee! Can anyone recommend a good WV map? I was going to get the red Gazetteer, but was wondering if there's anything else? Here in little Rhody, we have a yellow, spiralbound map for the state that is more detailed than the Gazetteer. Does WV have anything like that?

I am sooooo far behind in my WV research. We're heading toward the Monongahela and then we'll see where we wind up after two weeks. Thanks for your help.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #7519
BuffWv
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post

My boyfriend and I are heading down to your beautiful part of the country in one week (DRZ400 and Honda Transalp), yippee! Can anyone recommend a good WV map? I was going to get the red Gazetteer, but was wondering if there's anything else? Here in little Rhody, we have a yellow, spiralbound map for the state that is more detailed than the Gazetteer. Does WV have anything like that?

I am sooooo far behind in my WV research. We're heading toward the Monongahela and then we'll see where we wind up after two weeks. Thanks for your help.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645585
Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #7520
DoHo
n00b

Oddometer: 8
RE:Hello West Virginian FFs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post

Maybe these will help!!!

West Virginia County Maps

Don
DoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #7521
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,426
No worries. I sent her a PM telling her that the roads were horrible with potholes and gravel in every turn.
Populated by speeding coal trucks and toothless hillbillies

Think she is going to the beach now
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 AM   #7522
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,277
You guys are great...saving my work-overloaded ass! Rella's it is. I've got access to a plotter, so those county maps look good. If you see a black & pink DRZ, give a wave! Thanks much.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #7523
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Just a fair warning a lot of roads on the county maps and in the gazeteer are gated, or dont exist, especially on the county maps.

Most of us use the Gazeteer along with the GPS.

Get lost, have fun and ride safe
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #7524
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Fyi to all riders out and about this weekend there is a "river and rail" festival in st marys. May make a fun ride destination. The wife and i may be out gsing it sat so look for us!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #7525
Fasnacht
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Thought I would throw these in here...Several teams building bikes behind the Hilton Garden Inn in Morgantown Thursday eve in preparation for High Point this weekend...

Sorry for the crappy cell phone quality...

was pretty cool to see the setups up close

Fasnacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 AM   #7526
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

So has anyone spied the Yoshi rig and the techs out sharpening the tip on the Yellow lawn dart, supposedly Bubba is in for High Point. I really really wanted to go to that race this year.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #7527
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
So has anyone spied the Yoshi rig and the techs out sharpening the tip on the Yellow lawn dart, supposedly Bubba is in for High Point. I really really wanted to go to that race this year.
I may go to that race and take the boy. Ive been pretty worn out lately with everything goin on with my grandpa still in the hospital. Not sure if ill make it or not either

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #7528
WVa Dualsport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
So who is in for High Point? I'll be there, hell I even sprang for Pit Passes. I want an up-close pic of the RED plate on the Orange bike. :)
Old 06-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #7529
wvboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Anything happening in the Tyler/Wetzel area in the next month or two? I plan on taking about a week off and heading back to the hills with the DR and ride the roads and trails I grew up running. My schedule is very flexible, I just want to get a day or two riding in with my nephew before he goes back to school but that will all be off road, and get a day or two getting lost and bruised up.

Any idea's?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #7530
MotoWV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Anyone up for a duel sport ride? I know a couple of you just got those new 300 dream machines for the dirt but if any of you guys want to ride DS lets get something together.

I'm tired of riding by myself! I did 134 miles today with about 60 miles off pavement. Mostly dirt roads but some two track atv trails as well. I did one short section of single track but the super moto tires were absolutely not up to the task. ( I do now have a set of 18/21 wheels with knobbies but those sm's are so fun on the twisties I haven't taken them off yet.)

All of my old riding buddies have gone bat shit crazy for those darned RZR's and I can't get them on two wheels anymore. I do have one buddy that likes to ride but he refuses to takes his 690 Duke off the pavement.

I'm in Barboursville but usually ride dirt in Wayne county. I have no problems hauling the bike to the Charleston area for a ride. Or anywhere else if its good ridin'.
MotoWV is offline   Reply With Quote