ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #8686
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Soon. I busted my ribs up at a HS last weekend (I was taken out on the last lap WTF??). Anyway, not much off roading for a few weeks. Herewego and I are planning a road trip in May. Northeast? Prolly. I'm still up for local DS stuff. You still in Tyler?
That's a bummer! I'm still in Tyler, I live out next to dad in my grandpa's old house. I've got both my DS bikes ready to go any time. My final is Monday so after that I should be free up to ride most any time.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #8687
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
I put a couple of bikes in the flea market if anyone is shopping. YZ250 and WR250R. I might throw the gasser up there too. I would really like to sell 2 of the 3, doesnt matter which two. I havent made an ad for the gasgas yet.

Sorry to hear about your bike troubles Mike, shoot me a text next time, i wasnt doing much I would have gladly came and picked you up. Shit the trailer was even hooked up. Might be time to switch to a different brand, those poor Euro bikes havent been to kind to you in the long run.
Gettin outta the dirtbikes all together?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 AM   #8688
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes View Post
That's a bummer! I'm still in Tyler, I live out next to dad in my grandpa's old house. I've got both my DS bikes ready to go any time. My final is Monday so after that I should be free up to ride most any time.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #8689
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Gettin outta the dirtbikes all together?

no just need to thin the herd. I will be fine with the gasser and vstrom. I found a piece of property and I would like to free up some cash before i make an offer on it.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #8690
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

looking like rain sunday

so it looks like a Saturday dual-sport ride might be a plan
Old 04-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #8691
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
looking like rain sunday

so it looks like a Saturday dual-sport ride might be a plan
I'm bowing out all together for a while guys. Not that it matters, never have time to ride anyway haha.

Looks like tiger is down for now, and 400 electronics are buggered. Time to crank out some singletrack on the cannondale Lemme know if anyone is down for some KSF or even better Beech Fork

Speaking of which, anyone know much about fixing a pedal. Smashed mine on a rock and now functions ok, but clicks a bunch. I tried researching in MTBR forums, but those guys are worse than KTM Talk, I swear.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend guys. If anyone is down cabell co way give me a shout.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #8692
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVdyhrd View Post
I'm bowing out all together for a while guys. Not that it matters, never have time to ride anyway haha.

Looks like tiger is down for now, and 400 electronics are buggered. Time to crank out some singletrack on the cannondale Lemme know if anyone is down for some KSF or even better Beech Fork

Speaking of which, anyone know much about fixing a pedal. Smashed mine on a rock and now functions ok, but clicks a bunch. I tried researching in MTBR forums, but those guys are worse than KTM Talk, I swear.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend guys. If anyone is down cabell co way give me a shout.
Probably screwed a bearing if its clicking. I buy cheap pedals, typically ritchey or nashbar clipless. If they get buggered too bad I just toss them and slap on new ones.
Rider_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #8693
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Are you running clipless? What kind? I may have some old coda SPD's laying around.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #8694
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Here's a cheap bike for some of you looking for a good little project. The link is mainly about the WR450, but the real gem (bang for buck) is the KLR that needs work he mentions in the add
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3766170507.html
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #8695
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,970
That 2 fiddy would make a good bike for my wife.
But she told me we were poor, so no more motorcycles.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #8696
bholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
That 2 fiddy would make a good bike for my wife.
But she told me we were poor, so no more motorcycles.
Don't believe her man! It's a trick that wifes pull
Old 04-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #8697
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:

I have an extra set of Time ATACS. they are great clip less pedals, all you need are the shoes. If you are still in Huntington, stop by after work and we can ride in Eleanor. It has the best single track around. I will also help tune that CDale up. I am on a 29er now. Give me a call. I have all of the tools to fix a bicycle.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #8698
WVdyhrd
mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Probably screwed a bearing if its clicking. I buy cheap pedals, typically ritchey or nashbar clipless. If they get buggered too bad I just toss them and slap on new ones.
Quote:
Are you running clipless? What kind? I may have some old coda SPD's laying around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvridgerider View Post
I have an extra set of Time ATACS. they are great clip less pedals, all you need are the shoes. If you are still in Huntington, stop by after work and we can ride in Eleanor. It has the best single track around. I will also help tune that CDale up. I am on a 29er now. Give me a call. I have all of the tools to fix a bicycle.
I've been meaning to get by there anyway, def wanna come ride out there with ya. She's pretty tuned in; thanks to Jeff's (but jesus they take their time)! Of course I went up 2 teeth on the front for some more downhill speed help, and shifting got a bit funky. I think I need new cabels and such to freshen it up all around. But this is perfect weather, and I'm loving it. So thanks again @wvrdgerider for the hookup on it, she's a simple bike with strong components and lets me be rough haha.

I am, pending some future decisions, also considering an FSR StumpJumper if I find one in a decent range.

@Bholmes and @rider_wv and @wvridgerider I'll probably take one of you up on it this week! I've heard the spd's are the easiest to get out of aren't they? I have funky feet so been looking at different shoes. But I do like to play on rocks and such and I won't lie Clipless make me a little nervous in the bailing off regard. I've heard the arguments and such, but I just worry about bouncing off a 40ft ledge still attached to the bike, but I think they would be awesome on ascents. I just have to find some good shoes.

And since this is technically an MC thread, lemme throw this in here

(middle mountain road -> Laurel Fork Wilderness area and campground)

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." -Bill
Shakes
WVdyhrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #8699
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

at long last mrs tdrrally rode her ds scooter

video link

tdrrally screwed with this post 04-27-2013 at 08:49 AM
tdrrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #8700
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
I've been meaning to get by there anyway, def wanna come ride out there with ya. She's pretty tuned in; thanks to Jeff's (but jesus they take their time)! Of course I went up 2 teeth on the front for some more downhill speed help, and shifting got a bit funky. I think I need new cabels and such to freshen it up all around. But this is perfect weather, and I'm loving it. So thanks again @wvrdgerider for the hookup on it, she's a simple bike with strong components and lets me be rough haha.

I am, pending some future decisions, also considering an FSR StumpJumper if I find one in a decent range.

@Bholmes and @rider_wv and @wvridgerider I'll probably take one of you up on it this week! I've heard the spd's are the easiest to get out of aren't they? I have funky feet so been looking at different shoes. But I do like to play on rocks and such and I won't lie Clipless make me a little nervous in the bailing off regard. I've heard the arguments and such, but I just worry about bouncing off a 40ft ledge still attached to the bike, but I think they would be awesome on ascents. I just have to find some good shoes.

And since this is technically an MC thread, lemme throw this in here

(middle mountain road -> Laurel Fork Wilderness area and campground)
I can fix your bike a lot faster than Jeff and I have great prices, usually a six pack. Let me know what you want to do. If you are bucking some drops on that bike and the frame breaks I will hook you up.if you go clip less you will not go back if you CC the bike.
Planning a long DS ride next weekend with Bob.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote