ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #8731
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoldWV View Post
A cooked top end? WTF are you doing? Holding it wide open with the clutch pulled in for forever? Do you even know how to ride?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #8732
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
I plod around on my EXC and it doesn't get hot.
No fan on it either.
I was being silly My 300 smiles no matter what. And I don't always ride it hard/fast. Only bikes I got that will puke fluid are four strokes.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #8733
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
The only bike I've not boiled in the woods was an air cooled one.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #8734
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker View Post
The only bike I've not boiled in the woods was an air cooled one.
LMAO ya gotta run 'em really hard to boil air.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #8735
JTucker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes View Post
LMAO ya gotta run 'em really hard to boil air.
I may have cooked some oil though.

The YZ really didn't take long to boil. The WR seems harder to boil than the YZ for some reason.
For us slow trail rider guys the cooling fan is not a bad idea but not really necessary.
JTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #8736
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTucker View Post
I may have cooked some oil though.

The YZ really didn't take long to boil. The WR seems harder to boil than the YZ for some reason.
For us slow trail rider guys the cooling fan is not a bad idea but not really necessary.
Oh C'mon now Jess, stop moderating the fight. I wanted to see a good one!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #8737
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by bholmes View Post
Oh C'mon now Jess, stop moderating the fight. I wanted to see a good one!

I have never boiled the YZ, not even close, no matter how I rode it. I always run Engine Ice though. Shit my WR will idle forever before the fan even kicks on and it only has one rad.

My damn CRF with the big bore kit even had huge after market rads and that sucker would boil before you turned the choke off

Jay just run some Evans coolant, or engine ice and call it good.

Most of the time when I see a boiling KTM smoker, its because the rads are completely choked off with mud and someone has been gutting a big up hill rut.
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:45 AM   #8738
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,330
its a euro bike it was made to sell parts
Old 05-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #8739
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
I have never boiled the YZ, not even close, no matter how I rode it. I always run Engine Ice though. Shit my WR will idle forever before the fan even kicks on and it only has one rad.

My damn CRF with the big bore kit even had huge after market rads and that sucker would boil before you turned the choke off

Jay just run some Evans coolant, or engine ice and call it good.

Most of the time when I see a boiling KTM smoker, its because the rads are completely choked off with mud and someone has been gutting a big up hill rut.
Crap that CRF450 I had would boil like crazy too. Oddly enough...my 620 likes to boil and it has a beasty cooling system and fan. If you leave it idle it will boil in a few minutes. 300xc or my 250sx I had I still haven't boiled either one.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #8740
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,242
Anyone running an AIRHAWK or AIRHAWK R on their big bike? My Sargent seat foam is biting the dust. I have a trip planned in August so sending it out to be reworked wont happen and A Day long (what I really want) take 6+ months.

I was hoping to add an AIRHAWK and get me by until I can get a Day Long

Any first hand info or a loaner would be awesome...
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #8741
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Anyone running an AIRHAWK or AIRHAWK R on their big bike? My Sargent seat foam is biting the dust. I have a trip planned in August so sending it out to be reworked wont happen and A Day long (what I really want) take 6+ months.

I don't have much in the way of a loaner or anything....but I once bought hunting seat pad of foam from dunhams sporting goods then cut it the shape I wanted and pulled the staples and original cover, slapped the foam on top and recovered it with some leather I had laying around. As long as 1) your seat is a simple shape and 2) your legs are long enough, this works great. Atleast it did for me.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #8742
honda_dood86
dood

Oddometer: 17
noob

How in the heck does a guy post a new thread on here?
honda_dood86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #8743
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dood86 View Post
How in the heck does a guy post a new thread on here?
Where you wanting to start the new thread? Honestly... maybe I just speak for myself. I only check like two or three threads on this whole site. Most of us from WV just throw whatever out there on this thread. It's kinda general discussion all is fair game kinda thread.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #8744
honda_dood86
dood

Oddometer: 17
please help

I have a 1986 honda ch250 i just picked up,I am rebuilding the variator,I want to put new roller weights in there it has 7000 miles on it, I found these ones that were called dr. Pulley weights I think, they were not round but oblong anyone ever heard of them? I cant seem to find any lighter ones in the 24x18 size all I can seem to find are the factor weights. Anybody know where I can get a lighter set of roller weights for a 86 ch250 as I would like a lil more takeoff? I have not got to ride it all maybe the stock take off is good? I am a 300 lb man and was just thinking a lil more take off would be good any suggestions?
honda_dood86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #8745
eebrumfi
eebrumfi

Oddometer: 52
Quote:

I have a airhawk2 on my bike. It is a good product for the money $99.00. If had it to do over again I would probably buy the regular airhawk.

AirHawk vs. AirHawk 2: What’s the difference?

by Ryan Wright

This is the number one question I get asked by bikers who are interested in purchasing an AirHawk Cushion. That is why I am going to outline the biggest differences based on my own experience and the experience of many of my customers.

If you put an AirHawk and an AirHawk 2 side by side the first thing you will notice is an obvious distinction in material. The original AirHawk is made from a synthetic rubber material, Neoprene. It is a durable material that can be “patched” if punctured.

The ROHO Group, the US based manufacturer of AirHawk cushions, is well known for their medical cushions used by patients that have or are at risk for pressure sores. Their neoprene air cushions are the best product on the market for relieving pressure and preventing pressure sores. ROHO took this same medical technology and applied it to the design of the AirHawk cushion. The AirHawk 2 is made from polyurethane, a less durable material then neoprene. The difference in price from the AirHawk to the AirHawk 2 is due to the material costs. Neoprene is more expensive material then polyurethane.

The AirHawk 2’s polyurethane material is not as easily repairable if punctured and also does not offer the support and comfort for riders who consistently go on longer distances on their bikes.

With this said, the feedback is that both styles of AirHawks increase comfort and provide a more enjoyable ride.

Both the AirHawk and AirHawk 2 come with a 60-day guarantee. Because polyurethane is a less durable material then neoprene, the AirHawk 2 has a 1 year warranty vs. a 2 year warranty on the original AirHawk.

The bottom line is that both the AirHawk and the AirHawk 2 use air cell technology that is far superior to gel, foam, or synthetic sheepskin. You can’t go wrong with either. If you are a stickler for quality and tend to go on longer rides, I recommend the original AirHawk. If you just want some added comfort and only go on occasional longer rides, the AirHawk 2 is a great bargain.