ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #9151
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,642
I'll be riding up by Snowshoe hopefully every day Thurs-Sun. Probably won't venture too far, but if you see around, feel free to wave/point and laugh.

My wife is actually going to take her DMV test tomorrow so she can get her moto permit, and so I'll be leading her around through Slatyfork/Cass up there.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #9152
wvdirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wvdirtbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Fayette Co WV & Pocahontas Co WV
Oddometer: 155
Hey Jason, sorry I won't be around to ride with you over the holiday weekend. I'm ready to get back on the bike.

Did you sell the TW and get the wife an XT?
__________________
2005 DR-650.
2005 WR-250F (Tagged)
What you think you want and what you want are not necessarily the same thing
wvdirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #9153
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,642
It's alright man, just hoping you're healed up soon and we're back at it!

Ended up just hanging onto the TW. Emma really does love the bike, I was wanting to get her on an XT225, but it's almost a parallel move. So I think she's just going to ride the TW until it's apparent that she needs something else. I'm curious to see how it does going to the top of Snowshoe tomorrow.

Hope you have a great 4th Delane! (If you end up heading up to Frost shoot me a message and perhaps Emma and I can ride over and say hello!)
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #9154
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 7,295
Did ya say something about meeting for a burger at Snowshoe?
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #9155
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,642
I don't know about up top, but I'm a sucker for the Cantina Burger at The Fiddlehead down at the bottom (219/66).
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #9156
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 7,295
Hmmm, never been there.
Wife and I usually wander down the Snowshoe a couple times a summer.

I just asked her about riding down on the bike and she

So I guess if I wander that way it'll be solo, and on the SuperDuke.

Lemme see what she has planned for me today, hopefully nothing.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #9157
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Hmmm, never been there.
Wife and I usually wander down the Snowshoe a couple times a summer.

I just asked her about riding down on the bike and she

So I guess if I wander that way it'll be solo, and on the SuperDuke.

Lemme see what she has planned for me today, hopefully nothing.
I'll be up there mid day tomorrow thru mid day Sunday.

Family's cabin is about a mile from Snowshoe.


Edit:I can't begin to imagine how fun a SuperDuke up on those roads would be...
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #9158
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer
 
WVhillbilly's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 7,295
Enough fun to endanger your drivers license.
WVhillbilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #9159
wvdirtbiker
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wvdirtbiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Fayette Co WV & Pocahontas Co WV
Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
It's alright man, just hoping you're healed up soon and we're back at it!

Ended up just hanging onto the TW. Emma really does love the bike, I was wanting to get her on an XT225, but it's almost a parallel move. So I think she's just going to ride the TW until it's apparent that she needs something else. I'm curious to see how it does going to the top of Snowshoe tomorrow.

Hope you have a great 4th Delane! (If you end up heading up to Frost shoot me a message and perhaps Emma and I can ride over and say hello!)


The wife is going to the golf tournament at the Greenbrier Friday, I wish I had a good excuse to go to Frost.

That burger at the foot of the mountain sounds good.

Have you been on the dirt road at the foot of the mountain that goes over to Cloverlick? It keeps you off the main roads.

That rider in Marlinton that has the TW keeps asking about yours. I'll get word to him that yours isn't for sale anymore.
__________________
2005 DR-650.
2005 WR-250F (Tagged)
What you think you want and what you want are not necessarily the same thing
wvdirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #9160
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvdirtbiker View Post
The wife is going to the golf tournament at the Greenbrier Friday, I wish I had a good excuse to go to Frost.

That burger at the foot of the mountain sounds good.


Have you been on the dirt road at the foot of the mountain that goes over to Cloverlick? It keeps you off the main roads.

That rider in Marlinton that has the TW keeps asking about yours. I'll get word to him that yours isn't for sale anymore.
Your second sentence answered your first sentence.

I don't think I've gone down that dirt road, sounds awesome. Where's the best place to catch that? May be a good one to take Emma down...
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #9161
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer
 
tdrrally's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: doing hard time in charleston,wv
Oddometer: 3,371
mrs tdrrally
goes for it , on her zuma ds scooter!
__________________
2000 DRZ400e tagged
1980 TS125 project in the corner
2005 zuma 50/70
tdrrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #9162
red rider 391
Adventurer
 
red rider 391's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: turn left where the old hollister barn used to be
Oddometer: 67
snowshoe hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Enough fun to endanger your drivers license.
I was thinking the same thing all weekend i was there ! 219 ,I'm sure it won't be for 5 or 10 over ! More like , I could take you to jail ! Not Me ,just other bikes . I would never go over the speed limit !
red rider 391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #9163
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer
 
wvridgerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: west virginia
Oddometer: 515
So I put the bike in the fea market, I screw up the title, PLATED KTM252, a couple of inquiries. Maybe it is not to be. Chain and sprockets waiting when I get home today, anyone up for a ride this weekend? On another note, I am looking for a 58 cm road bicycle bike or frame so if you know of one let me know.
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #9164
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,642
Going on ride at 10.

Been up since 630.

Bikes are ready to go, I've been drinking coffee and looking at them through the window for about an hour now lol.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #9165
wvridgerider
Studly Adventurer
 
wvridgerider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: west virginia
Oddometer: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Going on ride at 10.

Been up since 630.

Bikes are ready to go, I've been drinking coffee and looking at them through the window for about an hour now lol.
Didn't you have a "cross bike" you were wanting to sell?
wvridgerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014