ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #10171
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,693
I'd have to sell one to make room for another.
I don't really like to sell stuff.

Especially fun stuff.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #10172
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,599
I hear that! I gotta get my car back on the road before I can dream of other bikes !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #10173
TORKS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Nice Mail Pouch barn.what a crew!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #10174
walawdog
The Rental Guy

Oddometer: 32
Hello

Just a quick intro, my name is Tony and I live in Bluefield. I am starting a new business renting out dual sport bikes. I've got KLR650s, DR650s, XT250s and a Husqvarna TE450 and a dual sported TXC510 for rent. I'm also interested in gathering a database of riders who wouldn't mind hiring themselves out as guides in case any of my customers would like to have one. So send me a message if you have a lot of local trail knowledge and would like to be a guide. Oh, and my website is www.appalachiands.com if you'd like to check it out.
walawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #10175
PBOB
MOTO NUT

Oddometer: 280
Anyone riding near charleston today ? Street or trail
1995 Honda XR650L (in Shasta white and Uranus violet of course)
The list is long, I'll stop there....
PBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #10176
ZBone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Hey fellas,

Haven't been on here in a while. With the snow falling it's just been better to not think about it. In the course of distracting myself I came across a girl that is showing serious interest in learning to ride. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do for a bike for her. After tossing around the idea of getting a newer street legal 250 and letting her learn on it with the intent of it eventually being a trail bike for me, I've decided that I learned on an $800 bike I found on craigslist and she will have to be fine doing the same. That said, if any of you have/know of a street legal, somewhat forgiving, comfortable, and affordable (absolute max of $2000) bike that might be coming on the market soon please let me know. I'll be scouring eBay and craigslist but I'd rather buy from around here if possible. Right now I'm thinking a XT250 would fit the bill pretty well. If you guys can think of any other bikes I might want to look at, feel free to shout that out as well. Thanks in advance for any help in the matter.
ZBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #10177
eebrumfi
eebrumfi

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBone View Post
Hey fellas,

Haven't been on here in a while. With the snow falling it's just been better to not think about it. In the course of distracting myself I came across a girl that is showing serious interest in learning to ride. I've been trying to figure out what I want to do for a bike for her. After tossing around the idea of getting a newer street legal 250 and letting her learn on it with the intent of it eventually being a trail bike for me, I've decided that I learned on an $800 bike I found on craigslist and she will have to be fine doing the same. That said, if any of you have/know of a street legal, somewhat forgiving, comfortable, and affordable (absolute max of $2000) bike that might be coming on the market soon please let me know. I'll be scouring eBay and craigslist but I'd rather buy from around here if possible. Right now I'm thinking a XT250 would fit the bill pretty well. If you guys can think of any other bikes I might want to look at, feel free to shout that out as well. Thanks in advance for any help in the matter.
If it was me in your situation, I think I would buy the girl a small dirt bike and teach her some basic riding skills in a field or woods. Let her get used to basic riding before I put her on the street in traffic..

Just my 2 cents..
Old 02-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #10178
ZBone
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the input. I hadn't planned on throwing her to the wolves (read: cagers) but a dirt bike isn't going to work as I don't have land here or access to enough to make the purchase of a dirt bike very beneficial. She's 26 and an intelligent and able driver plus we'll be taking a motorcycle safety course together prior to any other riding, so the streets I'm not overly worried about. I do like the idea of practicing in a field as far as dirt skills are concerned. I learned on rocky trails in CO and they weren't overly welcoming to a new rider.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:54 AM   #10179
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

There was a brand new, leftover DR200 at the dealer in Morgantown not long ago.
I'd bet $2K would buy it.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #10180
red rider 391
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Hey fellas,

Whats up ? A buddy has a 2007 XT 225 yamaha ,that his wife rides . She wants to sell ,new tires ,new brakes ,electric start . 11 k . they want $ 2000 ,but i bet they would come down a little ,but idk . I saw the bike last week and its clean !If you want ,I'll get a picture tomorrow .
Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #10181
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Clean looking little DR250 http://zanesville.craigslist.org/mcy/4347155357.html
Old 02-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #10182
ZBone
Gnarly Adventurer

All 3 of those sound like great options. I hadn't looked at any smaller DRs. Also, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't finding any XT250s prior to 2008... I guess because they didn't exist is as good a reason as any. Apparently a friend of mine in OH has a KLR 250 that he's looking to part with so I might end up going that route. Knowing him it's been properly thrashed, but I also know he'll tell me everything I need to know in terms of what's broken/about to break.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #10183
TheInfamousDrBholmes
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
All 3 of those sound like great options. I hadn't looked at any smaller DRs. Also, I couldn't figure out why I wasn't finding any XT250s prior to 2008... I guess because they didn't exist is as good a reason as any. Apparently a friend of mine in OH has a KLR 250 that he's looking to part with so I might end up going that route. Knowing him it's been properly thrashed, but I also know he'll tell me everything I need to know in terms of what's broken/about to break.
I may be wrong but prior to 08 i think the XT was a 225.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2014, 05:48 AM   #10184
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 4,988
The XT250 was produced and sold to other parts of the world prior to 2008 but not imported to the US.
20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #10185
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Might not do you any good to call Morgantown about that DR, depending on which knucklehead answers the phone they may not know it's there.

Upstairs, stashed in the back row.

My son looked at it and they asked $2400. He was $2300 short of that so it stayed.