ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #15121
foul plug
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Lost in the fluff of the OC (So Cal)
Oddometer: 184
Home. thanks for a great ride guys!
foul plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #15122
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion

what is jim showing to ami?.........




this ride was special, first time on the arrowhead trails. really cool place. we need to do it again. thanks sito for coming up with this ride and to everyone else for the company...


rr and pics to follow...
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #15123
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
what is jim showing to ami?.........




this ride was special, first time on the arrowhead trails. really cool place. we need to do it again. thanks sito for coming up with this ride and to everyone else for the company...


rr and pics to follow...

It's already been like 3 minutes

WTF!?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #15124
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,529
Good to see you all today, even if I didn't ride much of the dirt with you guys

Thanks Lonestar, for riding with me & picking up the bike for me...
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:32 PM   #15125
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion
Cleghorn
I recognize that view! One day I'll ride down that chute
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #15126
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
Good to see you all today, even if I didn't ride much of the dirt with you guys

Thanks Lonestar, for riding with me & picking up the bike for me...
Sopascat,

Anytime. Enjoyed the ride, got home safe. More rain in Simi and Moorpark.

Home safe.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER

Lonestar2112 screwed with this post 07-11-2010 at 10:52 PM
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #15127
Jon F
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Jon F's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, CA, USA
Oddometer: 106
Hi everyone,

I just took my first off-tarmac ride today up 6N16 (Squaw Flat Road) north of Fillmore on my new-to-me '01 KTM LC4E. It was my first time ever riding in dirt and I had a blast even after I tipped over a few times. Thankfully no one was there to take a picture and laugh at me. I took a couple lousy iPhone pictures I thought I would share.













I'd love to join in on the next noob-friendly ride near Simi Valley.
Jon F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #15128
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F
Hi everyone,

I just took my first off-tarmac ride today up 6N16 (Squaw Flat Road) north of Fillmore on my new-to-me '01 KTM LC4E. It was my first time ever riding in dirt and I had a blast even after I tipped over a few times. Thankfully no one was there to take a picture and laugh at me. I took a couple lousy iPhone pictures I thought I would share.













I'd love to join in on the next noob-friendly ride near Simi Valley.

Nice

You gotta photo the crashes for a couple reasons.

#1 your memory SUCKS. and you will need this info later.
#2 Joel's a nice guy, and we try to make him feel a little better by pretending he's not the most gravitationally challenged among us. But let's face it.... he is!


And #3, dude, I'm at #99. you gotta lot of falling down to do to catch up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #15129
BiggieFalls
b00b
 
BiggieFalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westminster
Oddometer: 949
Joel,

This thread now has over a half million views. We're all watching, looking for your ride reports. So how about it? I wish I could have joined you guys today.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #15130
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Joel,

This thread now has over a half million views. We're all watching, looking for your ride reports. So how about it? I wish I could have joined you guys today.
Seriously, 3 hours!??? wtf?

Better get to work slacker!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #15131
BiggieFalls
b00b
 
BiggieFalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westminster
Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Seriously, 3 hours!??? wtf?

Better get to work slacker!
Right??? This one better be good.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #15132
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead
What happened, Jim?

Rode to the Doo Dah parade with a large group of Harley's. We were actually in the parade!

After we finished, we parked to go see more, and when we got back, 2 bikes were gone . How in the hell they pick up 700 pound HOGS and disappear in 20 minutes I don't know. Plus there was a parking lot attendant right there too. No entiendo i suppose.

Anyway, since no bodily harm was done, the Pasadena Police doesn't bother to come out to do a report. I have never spent a dime in Pasadena since, and always wondered how the residents put up with a Police Department that doesn't give a shit about property crimes.

Well, the good thing I guess was the other Harley rider became a friend. He taught me about LONG distance riding. We did an Alaska ride together which got me into looking at Dual Sport bikes. Then I found ADVRider.com and met all you Fine Folks!
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #15133
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F
Hi everyone,

I just took my first off-tarmac ride today up 6N16 (Squaw Flat Road) north of Fillmore on my new-to-me '01 KTM LC4E. It was my first time ever riding in dirt and I had a blast even after I tipped over a few times. Thankfully no one was there to take a picture and laugh at me. I took a couple lousy iPhone pictures I thought I would share.













I'd love to join in on the next noob-friendly ride near Simi Valley.
Welcome Jon!

I'm just over in Camarillo. It's been years since I've been north of Fillmore. Pretty much assumed it had been gated off by now.

If you want to show me around up there after work sometime, post up or PM me. Always good to ride with a partner!


Spafxer

jim

P.S. I don't carry a camera, and haven't ever posted a photo (except cut & paste) so I'm not a threat to document any tip overs




.
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #15134
RSC E
ADVWNT2B
 
RSC E's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Home of Joe Dirt, CA
Oddometer: 217
+1 Jon over in Simi also. Always looking for close dirt for the 450.
RSC E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #15135
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
Rode to the Doo Dah parade with a large group of Harley's. We were actually in the parade!

After we finished, we parked to go see more, and when we got back, 2 bikes were gone . How in the hell they pick up 700 pound HOGS and disappear in 20 minutes I don't know. Plus there was a parking lot attendant right there too. No entiendo i suppose.

Anyway, since no bodily harm was done, the Pasadena Police doesn't bother to come out to do a report. I have never spent a dime in Pasadena since, and always wondered how the residents put up with a Police Department that doesn't give a shit about property crimes.

Well, the good thing I guess was the other Harley rider became a friend. He taught me about LONG distance riding. We did an Alaska ride together which got me into looking at Dual Sport bikes. Then I found ADVRider.com and met all you Fine Folks!
I'm tearing up...
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014