ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #15166
RandyM
Less talk, More ride

Oddometer: 905
Heres the video of the OHV trails after lunch.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:20 PM   #15167
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,541
Nice Vid!

I had a great time yesterday great group! I think joel is officially no longer a noob. I was a little worried when I saw all the big bikes at the Micky's parking lot. I was thinking I might have to tone down some of the trails I was thinking of doing. Boy was I wrong! I give full props to Chris on the 800, dude has no fear on the big bike. Chris followed me down a steep rocky downhill that I was struggling on and I'm on the small bike. I made it down parked jump off the bike looked up just in time to see Chris on top of a precarious 2' downhill drop off. I heard the skid plate hit then the front end drop then Chris got ejected! He took the beating like a man, I could see him tear up a bit seeing his poor baby napping on the rocks . But in true ADV style he smiled and just push the pig back on her feet jump on pointed the bike down hill and acted like nothing happen!

It was a good ride not too much down time, everyone keep up and not to many stops. After lunch we headed over to Pinnacles to play around on some of the more tec. trails. I was a little worried when we got to the first trail it was full of rhinos and quad? Eventually we made it threw them and the trail opened up. This area has a lot of fun tight trails that are a lot of fun and challenging. I have to say at the first hill climb I was worried this kind of trail riding might be to much for the bigger bikes and Joel's (BS) noob status.
Ami made the first charge and made it (took 2 trys ) then the rest started up. When Chris made the charge and made it look easy, Joel had no choice, if the 800 made it up the 400 had to do it! Joel's charge was picture perfect Jimmy Louis would have been proud! Joel riding has really improved. Some of the trails we took had some tec, sections and Joel never even flinched, all the big bikes did well too!

We will definitely need to revisit this area again soon! Lots more to explore up there!
Old 07-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #15168
C-Dub
Clean Air Hog

Oddometer: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSC E
OK this is the last one, but can someone explain this sign??
Sign....What sign?
Old 07-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #15169
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,782
Quote:
That's probably how long you would last.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #15170
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
Nice Vid!

I had a great time yesterday great group! I think joel is officially no longer a noob. I was a little worried when I saw all the big bikes at the Micky's parking lot. I was thinking I might have to tone down some of the trails I was thinking of doing. Boy was I wrong! I give full props to Chris on the 800, dude has no fear on the big bike. Chris followed me down a steep rocky downhill that I was struggling on and I'm on the small bike. I made it down parked jump off the bike looked up just in time to see Chris on top of a precarious 2' downhill drop off. I heard the skid plate hit then the front end drop then Chris got ejected! He took the beating like a man, I could see him tear up a bit seeing his poor baby napping on the rocks . But in true ADV style he smiled and just push the pig back on her feet jump on pointed the bike down hill and acted like nothing happen!

It was a good ride not too much down time, everyone keep up and not to many stops. After lunch we headed over to Pinnacles to play around on some of the more tec. trails. I was a little worried when we got to the first trail it was full of rhinos and quad? Eventually we made it threw them and the trail opened up. This area has a lot of fun tight trails that are a lot of fun and challenging. I have to say at the first hill climb I was worried this kind of trail riding might be to much for the bigger bikes and Joel's (BS) noob status.
Ami made the first charge and made it (took 2 trys ) then the rest started up. When Chris made the charge and made it look easy, Joel had no choice, if the 800 made it up the 400 had to do it! Joel's charge was picture perfect Jimmy Louis would have been proud! Joel riding has really improved. Some of the trails we took had some tec, sections and Joel never even flinched, all the big bikes did well too!

We will definitely need to revisit this area again soon! Lots more to explore up there!
Ok same drill at WMRS.....?????.....looking forward to big bike fun
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #15171
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
That's why I didn't do Cleghorn with the rest of the guys.... that's not the bike for that kind of stuff, & certainly not with those tires

My plan was to ride out there, ride some roads... meet the guys for lunch, ride some roads back to McDs

Lonestar decided to join me so we rode over to Big Bear while the guys were having their dirt adventure, decided to take in a dirt road (2N10 & 2N08) managed that bit without incident...

After lunch we looked at a map & consulted with Sito... decided to head back to McDs via the 173 to the 138 rather than back the way we came.... the map I was looking at showed that road as being paved

when we discovered that the road turned to dirt, we decided to go ahead & give it a try... wasn't too bad, except for that one bit of sand
I was planning on hitting the dirt. The phone call to Spafixer the night before started my thinking. Something about "YOUR TAKING THE GS?!? OK ". The next morning Spafixer said Sopacat was riding also. How bad can it be? We get to the designated meeting spots and all I see is Orange and Joel is on his XR. Hmmmmm. Maybe I need to rethink this. No Big GS's and the fake n00b Joel is on an XR. Sopascat saved me a bunch of when she said she was riding the streets. Well somebody should ride with her right? We don't let anybody ride by themselves.

I had an excellent ride, met some friends, met some new (to me) riders, got into some dirt, had some excitement and worn the chicken strips off the new rear.

He are just a few pics. Sopascat is too much of a lady for me to take pictures while she was down.

Before lunch, followed this guy to a summer camp. Was glad is wasn't one of us. Notice Sopascat is good form.

I finally figures out how to take pics and ride. I found an ugly subject that was willing....

The crew after lunch decide what to do. PS guys CA 173 is dirt from the OHV park all the way down the hill.

I had to leave before this motley crew went forward with their plan. All I heard was "we don't need no stinking roads", "who cares if the road is closed, we'll go around the barricade" Typical ADV fashion.

I was happy to have a five minute break.

Enjoyed the ride. Lets go again. Next time on the XR.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #15172
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyM

Nice video Randy

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #15173
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito

we're all happy to see the results...everyone did good...

hey sito, before i shed my nOObiness..you need to see me on the gs1200 on dirt...

maybe we can plan an over night ride in august. ride from oro vista on friday or saturday afternoon @ 6 pm, to wrightwood, lytle creek, take the same route up. arrive at 12 midnight, spend the night in lake arrowhead. next morning, do the pinnacles and in the afternoon, ride to big bear and head down via hesperia.

just a thought...

Quote:

cool vid randy. there is one section you need to delete 6 seconds of footage....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:35 PM   #15174
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F
Hi everyone,

I just took my first off-tarmac ride today up 6N16 (Squaw Flat Road) north of Fillmore on my new-to-me '01 KTM LC4E. It was my first time ever riding in dirt and I had a blast even after I tipped over a few times. Thankfully no one was there to take a picture and laugh at me. I took a couple lousy iPhone pictures I thought I would share.

I'd love to join in on the next noob-friendly ride near Simi Valley.
Glad to have you aboard. Have you been to Hungry Valley or to Rowher? I will let you know next time DriverDain and I go. N00b riders not like h8Chains (Fake N00b).

F*CK CANCER
Old 07-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #15175
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
we're all happy to see the results...everyone did good...

hey sito, before i shed my nOObiness..you need to see me on the gs1200 on dirt...

maybe we can plan an over night ride in august. ride from oro vista on friday or saturday afternoon @ 6 pm, to wrightwood, lytle creek, take the same route up. arrive at 12 midnight, spend the night in lake arrowhead. next morning, do the pinnacles and in the afternoon, ride to big bear and head down via hesperia.

just a thought...

cool vid randy. there is one section you need to delete 6 seconds of footage....
I didn't do any tough dirt........amazed at what a difference standing on the pegs is. The felt much more confident that I did before. I have to take a couple of weeks off, no riding no way. Then I will be back at it. Time to take the xr and do some figure 8s on the pegs and keep the 8s getting smaller until I am sore from crashing.

F*CK CANCER
Old 07-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #15176
foul plug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:

Randy, great video! Like how you captured that "decision" at the Y in the trail, I was doing the same thing.

Joel, nice timing on that "6 seconds". The video doesn't do that hill of lose, rutted dirt justice and you were starting at the bottom! Besides, that'll keep em all believing your Noob status........
foul plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #15177
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,434
Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #15178
Jon F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112
Glad to have you aboard. Have you been to Hungry Valley or to Rowher? I will let you know next time DriverDain and I go. N00b riders not like h8Chains (Fake N00b).
Nope, I haven't been anywhere else off-tarmac. This was my first and only dirt ride. I'm anxious to get to Rowher or HV before my fresh knobs wear off. :)
Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #15179
Earl999
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Awesome vid of the Arrowhead ride!

I was in DC this past w/e and would love to do that ride after I get my 4 gal gas tank for the XRL, which I will order today!
CR250R
Earl999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #15180
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F
Nope, I haven't been anywhere else off-tarmac. This was my first and only dirt ride. I'm anxious to get to Rowher or HV before my fresh knobs wear off. :)

hi jon, rowher even the fire road is not exactly a nOOb friendly trail. lots of rocks, ruts, some switchbacks, uphills, and rattlesnakes...

i suggest head out to carrizo early morning and play on soda lake road, and all the way to pozo rd for some nice easy dirt.

nice 640E btw, put 15/45 sprockets like i did and i'm happy. used to be the stock 42T, great on highway but sucks on dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl999
Awesome vid of the Arrowhead ride!

love to do that ride after I get my 4 gal gas tank for the XRL, which I will order today!

earl, you could still do it on stock tank and make it to lake arrowhead. though it's always nice to have a riding buddy with more fuel than i do.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote