ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #15421
Lonestar2112
Moran in training

Oddometer: 6,322
Switched from bike bike to small bike. Briging the XR. Trucking to the 7-11.
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #15422
tuff enuff
Imported Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Another last minute IN.
And I can find my way to the 7-11
tuff enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:48 AM   #15423
foul plug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
I might be a little late but I'll be there!
foul plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49 AM   #15424
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,676
cool, we got more INs...

leaving in 30 minutes....
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 AM   #15425
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,676
SPOT is on.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...6TlJU1hUh8tNHM
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #15426
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
taking the strom to Javier's Saturday morning to get new tires, maybe meet you guys for lunch, what time do you think you might be there?
hope to see you there..

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Msg2NRVUOh5zGL
Old 07-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #15427
carpediem75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
noob couldnt find 7-11 until it was too late

Chalk it up to newbie mistake but I couldn't find the 7-11 to meet up with everyone this morning until it was too late.

I got to osborne and foothill at 8.. but it is an apartment complex...so i went to the nearest 7-11 that i could find which was at glenoaks and osborne.. since no-one was there i went to the address given on sunburst but that was a 7-11 on osborne and the 5 freeway

so i backtracked to the 210 and finally found the 7-11 that everyone is talking about but it was 0830 and i think everyone left :(

just too make sure for next time.. its the 7-11 that is further up on osborne tucked away next to a field afte you cross under the 210 freeway correct??

Well i then went on little t which was fun, but sorry i missed evryone one.. i'm in for next time now that i know where it is. Had a tour of the 7-11 in sylmar though :)
carpediem75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #15428
carpediem75
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
correction to last post

Just regoogled the sunburst address, and it is dead on. I have no idea how when I googled it it sent me to osborne and the 5 freeway. :) Time to get gps on the bike..
carpediem75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #15429
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 348
Pissed

Guys in case Joel has no reception and someone checks I had to head home. I'm okay the heat just got the best of me.

Wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #15430
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem75
Just regoogled the sunburst address, and it is dead on. I have no idea how when I googled it it sent me to osborne and the 5 freeway. :) Time to get gps on the bike..

easy mistake as there a million 7-11's in So Cal.
my first time I took the 5 north, exit Osbourne, go east and see a 7-11 but no one there. I kept going and found it a few minutes later.

key thing..... it's not ON Osbourne, its right off of Osbourne. and it's closer to the 210 than the 5.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #15431
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,676
At the Rock Inn. Yeah beer.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #15432
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

guys, i hope you didn't wait too long for me or send too many search parties. i feel really bad turning tail but it was impossible for me to get up to the meet point after overheating. i sent vern and mike on and thought i could meet up, but i could not.

i miscalculated how hot it would become once we started the trails and once i had to pick my bike up a few times that was it, i was in some trouble. basically i had heat stroke.

i'll be concise but i have some pretty major health issues that come with a genetic disease, two of which are not sweating (body can't autonomically control heat) and blood pressure issues (low).

that is why i usually ride in the winter only, but i seriously wanted to get out and thought we would be through rowher by the time it got hot. i should have gone the fire road with the big bikes, i would have been fine.

i don't apologize for my physical limitations (since most people my age with the same disease are usually either dead by now or mostly bedridden) but i do apologize that my situation probably had you guys sitting around for a while not knowing what to do. no disrespect to the group or our normal meet-up rules was intended. next time i will try to be more respectful of my limitations. i called and texted joel, unfortunately he didn't have coverage.

after all that is said, fuck diseases and fuck limitations. i ride and live and press into them all i can. i'm not about to roll over yet.

i will keep riding until i can't.

big thanks to vern and mike for helping me with my bike when i was in trouble. i'm most pissed that i didn't get to the rock in for a drink with you fine FFers.

see you on the next one... once it's cooled down a bit!

wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
Old 07-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #15433
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider
guys, i hope you didn't wait too long for me or send too many search parties. i feel really bad turning tail but it was impossible for me to get up to the meet point after overheating. i sent vern and mike on and thought i could meet up, but i could not.

i miscalculated how hot it would become once we started the trails and once i had to pick my bike up a few times that was it, i was in some trouble. basically i had heat stroke.

i'll be concise but i have some pretty major health issues that come with a genetic disease, two of which are not sweating (body can't autonomically control heat) and blood pressure issues (low).

that is why i usually ride in the winter only, but i seriously wanted to get out and thought we would be through rowher by the time it got hot. i should have gone the fire road with the big bikes, i would have been fine.

i don't apologize for my physical limitations (since most people my age with the same disease are usually either dead by now or mostly bedridden) but i do apologize that my situation probably had you guys sitting around for a while not knowing what to do. no disrespect to the group or our normal meet-up rules was intended. next time i will try to be more respectful of my limitations. i called and texted joel, unfortunately he didn't have coverage.

after all that is said, fuck diseases and fuck limitations. i ride and live and press into them all i can. i'm not about to roll over yet.

big thanks to vern and mike for helping me with my bike when i was in trouble. i'm most pissed that i didn't get to the rock in for a drink with you fine FFers.

wes
wow..... Maybe just saying what you just said at the rider meeting would have been good. Glad you made it home ok , post like you did as some FFs check our phones periodically cuz were post whores rubbing it in on the non riders of the days face.... PS .... Don't sound like drinkin would help your cause, leave it to the pros
Old 07-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #15434
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider

wes
Wes. sorry to hear about your condition. You might want to check this cooling vest out. Webbike.com did a story on riding in the heat. http://www.webbikeworld.com/cooling-vests/ Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #15435
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

ben - yeah i actually brought one of those on the ride and wore it home - problem was when i set out from rowher staging it didn't seem that hot. it all just happened too quickly today. some days it does. i'm going to investigate one of those crazy personal a/c backpack/vests.

DR that is why i posted that post, to let some regulars know. i don't like to gab it around too much, i would rather keep it to myself. no-one wants to be seen differently... but yeah in so far as it affects the group, it's my responsibility to let some people know.

anyway enough of that will someone post a picture of someone eating shit so i can get my mind off this - preferably not me?

wes

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)