ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #15436
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 13,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider
ben - yeah i actually brought one of those on the ride and wore it home - problem was when i set out from rowher staging it didn't seem that hot. it all just happened too quickly today. some days it does. i'm going to investigate one of those crazy personal a/c backpack/vests.

DR that is why i posted that post, to let some regulars know. i don't like to gab it around too much, i would rather keep it to myself. no-one wants to be seen differently... but yeah in so far as it affects the group, it's my responsibility to let some people know.

anyway enough of that will someone post a picture of someone eating shit so i can get my mind off this - preferably not me?

wes
All good, can't wait to get out again
Old 07-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #15437
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,308
Wes,
I feel for ya.
I have an intestinal disease which can sometimes limit my lifestyle(most times I tell it to fuck off) and it isn't something you announce to the group before a ride.EDIT: this sounded harsh, but i meant, most don't wanna hear about our problems in the AM. but good to tell someone too.

much props to Mike and Vernon for helping a brutha out!

I hope to ride with you soon!

RAZR screwed with this post 07-24-2010 at 05:45 PM
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #15438
loner
explorer

Oddometer: 314
Great ride today. Thanks to all who rode. Wes, sorry to hear about your heat stroke issues. We did discuss your absence, and Jon did a quick search. No worries about the slight holdup, we collectively decided that you had to head home. You might want to check out these garments.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/

It lists the sleeves and head wrap as air conditioning, but I think it works the same for all their garments.
---------------

Nothing like a fire truck and Forest Service truck (with emergency lights flashing) comin' at ya on a tight road, around a blind turn too.

+1 on the beer at the Rock Inn, John...
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #15439
sopascat
"Brownie Angel"

Oddometer: 3,233
Was good to see you guys at lunch...

next week WMRS.....
Old 07-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #15440
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,467
Rinconrider
check this out

http://coolshirt.net/racing-port-a-cool.html

or this for more $ & comfort

http://coolshirt.net/motorcycle-cool-bag.html

these work pretty good too
http://polarbreezebandanas.com/

airborndad screwed with this post 07-24-2010 at 04:36 PM
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #15441
schmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
Sure was hot out there today . . . all week we had a nice marine layer and pretty cool temps, but not today. A buddy and I ended up running around Rowher Flats for a couple hours and then sat down and cooled off with a beer over at Big Oaks. I started having a high idle issue on my new KTM so we had to cut it a bit short and took the bike back to the dealer for them to figure it out seeing it's only a week old! Was great to get out . . . I can't wait to get out there again.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #15442
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem75
Just regoogled the sunburst address, and it is dead on. I have no idea how when I googled it it sent me to osborne and the 5 freeway. :) Time to get gps on the bike..
I ended up at the same 7-11 on Osborn and Glenoaks using google directions. If I didn't see 3 KTM's haul by, I would have missed it too.

PS: I am home. I got side swiped by an SUV who moved over on me as I was passing by. He hit me square in the hand guard which sent my bike 1/2 way into the #1 lane. No damage done other than to my shorts. Other than that, great ride

Fishyhead screwed with this post 07-24-2010 at 05:18 PM
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #15443
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.

Oddometer: 509
Riddler and the verner are back fine, already had a dip in the pool too!!!
Biggie.........where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:30 PM   #15444
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead
I ended up at the same 7-11 on Osborn and Glenoaks using google directions. If I didn't see 3 KTM's haul by, I would have missed it too.

PS: I am home. I got side swiped by an SUV who moved over on me as I was passing by. He hit me square in the hand guard which sent my bike 1/2 way into the #1 lane. No damage done other than to my shorts. Other than that, great ride

Duy,

Glad you're ok... I was just on my way to Burbank airport in the cage when another guy did the same thing... People don't think they have to look over their shoulders any more...

Sounds like a good ride for all today. I'm heading back up to Portland to ride home tomorrow..

I have the feeling that my buddy Don is gonna say he has to stay a few more days.... We'll see.

Too hot to ride the 5 so off to the coast I go.....

Spot will be on upon departure... Do I have to do another tracking file or will last weeks still work?

WMRS Thursday Yes
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #15445
foul plug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Back in the O O O Oc....

Fun possy of FF's to day. Back in the OC where the gloom is just cleaning and its a nice 75*. time for a soak in the pool!

Joel/john and group (after lunch), guess I didn't follow the right group, just jumped on and started following what I THOUGHT was the entire group. It was too late by the time i figured out what happened. mind was in nap mode after lunch.....

Thanks guys for fun day!!
foul plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #15446
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconrider
ben - yeah i actually brought one of those on the ride and wore it home - problem was when i set out from rowher staging it didn't seem that hot. it all just happened too quickly today. some days it does. i'm going to investigate one of those crazy personal a/c backpack/vests.

DR that is why i posted that post, to let some regulars know. i don't like to gab it around too much, i would rather keep it to myself. no-one wants to be seen differently... but yeah in so far as it affects the group, it's my responsibility to let some people know.

anyway enough of that will someone post a picture of someone eating shit so i can get my mind off this - preferably not me?

wes
Big Wes...you the man for not holding back...Gotta admit thought you gave me a little scare.

When I came back over the hill to find you, the first thing I noticed was the position of the riderless bike...bwahahahaha...nice.....the second was your lack of color...90+ degree and you were dry as a bone and white as a sheet...5 minutes later you looked 100 percent again....

You made the right choice...it just got hotter and Vermon likes to block the trail with his sleeping bike....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:46 PM   #15447
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,077
Hope safe and sound.

Time to rip the xr apart. Couldn't keep up with Sopascat. Hopefully nothing major. Have never checked the valves or looked at the top end.

Loved the ride. Joel on bringing the xr vs the GS. We would still be out there trying to get to the Rock Inn
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #15448
foul plug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead

Wow! glad your OK. sounds like you should just burn the shorts....

cept for the run in with the cager, the 57 was probably the right choice. the 5, 605, & 405 all had long sections of lane splittin speeds. heavy traffic this afternoon.
foul plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #15449
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by foul plug
Wow! glad your OK. sounds like you should just burn the shorts....

cept for the run in with the cager, the 57 was probably the right choice. the 5, 605, & 405 all had long sections of lane splittin speeds. heavy traffic this afternoon.
118 wasn't too bad. A bit heavy, but never under the speed limit + a bit.
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #15450
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 13,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmo
Sure was hot out there today . . . all week we had a nice marine layer and pretty cool temps, but not today. A buddy and I ended up running around Rowher Flats for a couple hours and then sat down and cooled off with a beer over at Big Oaks. I started having a high idle issue on my new KTM so we had to cut it a bit short and took the bike back to the dealer for them to figure it out seeing it's only a week old! Was great to get out . . . I can't wait to get out there again.
JD jet kit ...bike is loosening up(breakin in)did you try tuning the idle down??stock bikes are lean ass ...well hell