ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #15466
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112
I'll ride with ya. Us slow guys have got to stick together.
+1 I'll ride with you too. Just say when and where (close to OC ya bastages!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
Glad you made it home to post this. So did the guy know that he hit/bumped you?Ben
Yeah. He waved

I gave him a salute and let it go. There was so much traffic ahead that I couldn't afford to let it get in my head.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:33 PM   #15467
rinconrider
Sir Crash-a-lot

Oddometer: 345
yeah even though i was in rough shape i thought it was funny that i could balance my bike up there like that. next time i'll take a pic i guess.

for everyone else it was standing up straight no kickstand crossways on an uphill half way off the trail held up by a rock step at the back (thus why i could not get it forwards or backwards)!!

im jealous of the rest of you, i had to bail so early into the dirt - i wanted to see more people on big bikes fall down

wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
When I came back over the hill to find you, the first thing I noticed was the position of the riderless bike...bwahahahaha...nice.....the second was your lack of color...90+ degree and you were dry as a bone and white as a sheet...5 minutes later you looked 100 percent again....

08 R1200R (mostly stock)
08 WR250R (all done)
rinconrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #15468
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer
He's quite tame unless U put a shirt on him.

I really feel for Rinconrider. The other day I did a little 3 day ride to Oregon, and even without medical conditions, the heat makes you do silly things:

Right after this pic, I went "full Vermon" I like to think I look just as good... wait... did that sound ?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #15469
Earl999
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Quote:

Time to rip the xr apart. Couldn't keep up with Sopascat. Hopefully nothing major. Have never checked the valves or looked at the top end.
Gotta adjust the valves every 3K miles on these big bore air cooled engines!

Hope you have a thin walled deep 18 mm spark plug socket to get the spark plug out to take a reading and check the gap. I always put in a new properly gapped spark plug in at each valve adjustment interval on all of my 4T bikes.

The intake spec is .004", exhaust is .005". With this engine's decomp design, you need to use the timing marks and get it dead nuts on. If it moves, you need to cycle all the way around again! The correct timing mark is the vertical line with the sideways T next to it on the right.

I always log mileage and date of all service done on all of my bikes, Vette and SUV.
Yamaha WR250 (2 Smoke X Country/Trail/Desert)
Yamaha YZ426 (Plated!)
Earl999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #15470
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl999

Hope you have a thin walled deep 18 mm spark plug socket to get the spark plug out to take a reading and check the gap. I always put in a new properly gapped spark plug in at each valve adjustment interval on all of my 4T bikes.

The intake spec is .004", exhaust is .005". With this engine's decomp design, you need to use the timing marks and get it dead nuts on. If it moves, you need to cycle all the way around again! The correct timing mark is the vertical line with the sideways T next to it on the right.

I always log mileage and date of all service done on all of my bikes, Vette and SUV.

stop it! say you don't.
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #15471
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler990
stop it! say you don't.
No time to ride. I gotta...
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #15472
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
I really feel for Rinconrider. The other day I did a little 3 day ride to Oregon, and even without medical conditions, the heat makes you do silly things:

Right after this pic, I went "full Vermon" I like to think I look just as good... wait... did that sound ?

XYMO,

I couldn't get your ride report link to work. I'm in Oregon right now, wishin I was riding..

Just have to wait....... til tomorrow!
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #15473
Vermon
not gnarly

Oddometer: 232
yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic

yup ! haha... yeah I'm sure you looked as silly as I do...and what's the deal with the bike? aint got no kick stand on that husky or ya just draining the earl
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #15474
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F
Hi guys,

Thanks for the ride today, had a great time, and it was great to meet all of you. Sorry for holding you all up so much!
no worry jon, this thread nurtures nOObs and people looking for rides. we'll give you 2 years to pick up the pace...

Quote:
Jon,

I'll ride with ya. Us slow guys have got to stick together. Don't let the Fake N00b (Joel , luv ya man) suck you in. He is a riding machine. I have been riding more and more with these guys. Before you know it, there will be some other n00b that we can wait on.

Bob

i've been tailing you all morning long bob and am very dissapointed....was waiting for you to loop the xr one more time... you did good, though there was one section you fish tailed and thought i have a front page material... no ill wishes here...just looking for photo op to make you famous....

pics being uploaded. also got a lot of good footage but don't really know how to post other than through you tube. i'll get them out one way or another.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #15475
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
XYMO,

I couldn't get your ride report link to work. I'm in Oregon right now, wishin I was riding..

Just have to wait....... til tomorrow!

jim, before you start reading another ride report...will you please start posting that epic iron butt rr.......

hey xymo...how much that crash cost you? we know you have a minimum of $800..............

good to see you're having fun as well...
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #15476
foul plug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Little less talk and a lot more action

you FFs guys got video and pics to post up......
foul plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:30 PM   #15477
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
jim, before you start reading another ride report...will you please start posting that epic iron butt rr.......

hey xymo...how much that crash cost you? we know you have a minimum of $800..............

good to see you're having fun as well...
Revised link:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603395

That crash only cost me like $50 I haven't added up the total yet, (denial works) but there's a few hundred less in my checking account than when I started
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #15478
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
no worry jon, this thread nurtures nOObs and people looking for rides. we'll give you 2 years to pick up the pace...

i've been tailing you all morning long bob and am very dissapointed....was waiting for you to loop the xr one more time... you did good, though there was one section you fish tailed and thought i have a front page material... no ill wishes here...just looking for photo op to make you famous....

pics being uploaded. also got a lot of good footage but don't really know how to post other than through you tube. i'll get them out one way or another.
Anything for you, Joel.
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:35 PM   #15479
Lonestar2112
B_nned Camp Parolee

Oddometer: 6,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl999

Time to start stripping her apart. Thanks for the intake and exhaust specs.
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #15480
tuff enuff
Imported Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Oops - forgot to check in - got to watching Laguna qualifying on Speed. Great day and ride. Nice to meet so many new (to me) folks. For those of you that bailed after lunch, too bad that you had to miss riding Sawmill. The last 5 miles or so are epic. Stunning views and smooth road with no rain ruts. The switch backs on the descent to the old Ridge Route are like a small version of a Swiss alps pass. Ride it if you get a chance.
tuff enuff is offline   Reply With Quote