ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #17191
jamin_mathis
Beastly Adventurer
 
jamin_mathis's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: L.A. CA. Echo Park y'all
Oddometer: 2,519
Hay all was over in Germany for Octoberfest and got to rent a bike (Triumph Thruxtion) anyhow heres some photos


















__________________

A riot is the language of the unheard MLK
jamin_mathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #17192
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,364
Jamin, You are a nice enough guy, but... I fuckin hate you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #17193
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
Jamin, You are a nice enough guy, but... I fuckin hate you.





jm, awesome pics. i like the thruxton, lots of torque and they could have improve that bike by putting dual discs up front.......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #17194
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt
 
cribaby's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Far West Texas
Oddometer: 568
Laugh Big bear 2.5 ????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl999
So, any rides this w/e?
Late notice but I 'm going to ride tomorrow in the Big Bear area - going to start the skid on the hwy 38 side and do a loop of John Bull & Gold mt. Or Crab Flats - 3N34 - Deep Creek - T6 - Devil Holes - 2W01 and back to start

tough day but fun
hit trail at or near sunrise
I'll buy the beer
__________________
You can ride further in an hour, then you can walk in a DAY!
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #17195
Mo-Tarded
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mo-Tarded's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Show Low, AZ, USA
Oddometer: 162
Were those actually pollywogs swimming by the helmet cam on that bike/rider wash video ?

I almost pissed myself that was so funny !
__________________
"Our lives can be spent carrying out actions that we hope will lead us to a greater sense of purpose, accomplishment and meaning, but all these are secondary to the need to feel alive." - AntiHero ADV Rider
Mo-Tarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #17196
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Tarded
Were those actually pollywogs swimming by the helmet cam on that bike/rider wash video ?

I almost pissed myself that was so funny !

there were a lot of living species in that water, didn't have time to investigate............
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #17197
Off Limits
Banned
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,266
The reason the built the bridge at deep creek is becouse the sand churned up by crossing the stream was hurting frogsdown stream. So no you did not seepollywogs. It must have been just river debris.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #17198
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
Late notice but I 'm going to ride tomorrow in the Big Bear area - going to start the skid on the hwy 38 side and do a loop of John Bull & Gold mt. Or Crab Flats - 3N34 - Deep Creek - T6 - Devil Holes - 2W01 and back to start

tough day but fun
hit trail at or near sunrise
I'll buy the beer
Thats an a+ ride, great loop
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #17199
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt
 
cribaby's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Far West Texas
Oddometer: 568
A+ loop not happen today - my van smoked an AC clutch this morning at the 91 & 55 - weird smell and then lots of rattling noises in the engine limped it home and trouble shoot it to $400 dollars worth of failure - I'm up for the next big bear run in 2 weeks same loop
__________________
You can ride further in an hour, then you can walk in a DAY!
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #17200
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
A+ loop not happen today - my van smoked an AC clutch this morning at the 91 & 55 - weird smell and then lots of rattling noises in the engine limped it home and trouble shoot it to $400 dollars worth of failure - I'm up for the next big bear run in 2 weeks same loop
Bummer . I rode gold mountain John bull white mountain redondo ridge solo on my return to camp last BB trip , great fun and tough. Two weeks I'll be up in KM, I'll get back up toBB soon
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #17201
Vermon
not gnarly
 
Vermon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: smelLA
Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
A+ loop not happen today - my van smoked an AC clutch this morning at the 91 & 55 - weird smell and then lots of rattling noises in the engine limped it home and trouble shoot it to $400 dollars worth of failure - I'm up for the next big bear run in 2 weeks same loop
..sorry bout the miss fire today...If you do the 17th I'd be in...sat. is out
may do it 17th anyhow if someone want's to brang it
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #17202
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt
 
cribaby's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Far West Texas
Oddometer: 568
Sat skids only for me until Thanksgivings - daughter plays soccer every Sun till then!!

The van get repair next week - me and the bike are ready now
__________________
You can ride further in an hour, then you can walk in a DAY!
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #17203
cribaby
Dirt/Street? No Wait Dirt
 
cribaby's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Far West Texas
Oddometer: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Bummer . I rode gold mountain John bull white mountain redondo ridge solo on my return to camp last BB trip , great fun and tough. Two weeks I'll be up in KM, I'll get back up toBB soon
enjoy KM I'd rather ride up there better selection MC only trails, but only 1 day to ride and to far of a drive - BB comes a close second and day ride doable
__________________
You can ride further in an hour, then you can walk in a DAY!
cribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #17204
Vermon
not gnarly
 
Vermon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: smelLA
Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
Sat skids only for me until Thanksgivings - daughter plays soccer every Sun till then!!

The van get repair next week - me and the bike are ready now
yeah any other Sat would be fine...that Sat is parent day
don't think I've done the John Bull to Gold mtn part of that loop, sounds fun!
you got the loop scoop
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #17205
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by cribaby
enjoy KM I'd rather ride up there better selection MC only trails, but only 1 day to ride and to far of a drive - BB comes a close second and day ride doable
Hear ya bro... BB is a great close riding area
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014