ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2010, 01:41 AM   #17401
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow
I call on this one Biggie. You haven't ridden your bike enough to shear a bolt off it.
Have him tell you about his test ride.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #17402
slater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hey guys, I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Scott, and I'm hoping to join in on some rides very soon. I just got my first dirt bike (XR600) after many years riding downhill mountain bikes and street bikes. Maybe I can put the two together and not suck horribly on dirt?

Hopefully you guys are willing to take a noob out.
slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #17403
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,143
I'm sure HammerMechanic wouldn't mind having another XR600 around to pilfer parts from
Old 10-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #17404
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,149
slate, you're in the right place. the objective of this thread is to bring in all riders looking to hook up with other riders especially in the l.a. and o.c. areas.

this started as a nOOb's ride until it snowballs. nOObs and non-noobs are all welcome.

just want to point out few important things. new riders should be safety conscious and maintain their bikes properly. must wear proper body protection and carry tools, including spares such as tubes, levers, etc.

to those mechanically challenged, we help fellow riders whenever there's a need for a trail side repair.

my first advice to new riders...just go with the flow and be attentive to the trail riding protocol.

tune in for future rides and post up....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #17405
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
Nowadays, I think the only reason Joel falls is so he can buy some more new gear.

after tonight...i will start buying new riding gear but they will be bmw blue......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #17406
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
after tonight...i will start buying new riding gear but they will be bmw blue......
Joel - I think you have to be able to handle doing wheelies on the XR before you ride the HP2.

That bike looks like way too much fun!
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #17407
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,772
Quote:
Is it going to be HP2 Blue?

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #17408
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,143
I saw Joel practicing Ami's style the other night:

I think Jimmy Lewis was helping him with some of the finer details:

:lol
Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 AM   #17409
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,702
Quote:
Joel: did you post any pictures of the beast or did I miss it??

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM   #17410
slater
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
slate, you're in the right place. the objective of this thread is to bring in all riders looking to hook up with other riders especially in the l.a. and o.c. areas.

this started as a nOOb's ride until it snowballs. nOObs and non-noobs are all welcome.

just want to point out few important things. new riders should be safety conscious and maintain their bikes properly. must wear proper body protection and carry tools, including spares such as tubes, levers, etc.

to those mechanically challenged, we help fellow riders whenever there's a need for a trail side repair.

my first advice to new riders...just go with the flow and be attentive to the trail riding protocol.

tune in for future rides and post up....
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am actually taking care of little odds and ends this week, and going through the carb to familiarize myself with everything and hopefully reduce the amount of mechanicals/frustration out on the trail.

Luckily I only really have to buy boots, as all my other armor from downhill will work great for moto.

Look forward to riding with you guys.
slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #17411
KTami
Dirt? I'm In...

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by slater
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am actually taking care of little odds and ends this week, and going through the carb to familiarize myself with everything and hopefully reduce the amount of mechanicals/frustration out on the trail.

Luckily I only really have to buy boots, as all my other armor from downhill will work great for moto.

Look forward to riding with you guys.
It's always good to start with the Godfathers Joel blessing . check this site http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/h...als+-+off+road they have a sale on some boots, i will prefer AP Tech 10 or Sidi SRS but you can find less expensive ones to start with. good luck dude will see ya on the trail
2011 KTM 530 EXC
KTami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #17412
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTami
It's always good to start with the Godfathers Joel blessing . check this site http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/h...als+-+off+road they have a sale on some boots, i will prefer AP Tech 10 or Sidi SRS but you can find less expensive ones to start with. good luck dude will see ya on the trail
Slater. What size boots do you wear? I have a size 9.5 Oneil Elements you can have. Just pick them up at me office or house. They are used a good polish would freshen them up. But they still have some miles left on them. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #17413
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
So now you have to have red BMW gear (GS) and blue BMW gear (HP2)? Honda red, KTM orange, Guzzi red, Yamaha white...did I miss anything?

Slater, check out Scott's Performance in Montrose. Cool little shop. Scott's steering stabilizer....they are the folks.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #17414
HammerMech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Not an XR 600

My bike is a classic XL not an XR. Classic as in 50K miles, hard to get parts for, and possible a broken piston skirt now. I am dreading draining the oil because it might confirm this. I cannot recommend an oil cooler enough. Hope fully no metal comes out with the oil. Anyway thanks for putting those pictures up, the ride was awesome to say the least. As for your XR slater, what year, it sucks being the only honda.
HammerMech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #17415
HammerMech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Not an XR 600

My bike is a classic XL not an XR. Classic as in 50K miles, hard to get parts for, and possible a broken piston skirt now. I am dreading draining the oil because it might confirm this. I cannot recommend an oil cooler enough. Hope fully no metal comes out with the oil. Anyway thanks for putting those pictures up, the ride was awesome to say the least. As for your XR slater, what year, it sucks being the only honda.
HammerMech is offline   Reply With Quote