ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #18001
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
thanks randy


once we decide where to stay, let's try getting at least 2 campsites and leave our camping gear there, and not worry about the extra weight when we get in the sand......
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #18002
dirty adventurer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dirty adventurer's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 250
Anza Borrego is a great time.

Here is a linky to a solo ride I did a while back.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=dirty+anza

I might be up for a return trip.
__________________
99 XR400, plated
dirty adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #18003
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,534
Is there a big bear ride Sunday?
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #18004
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Blv Gpx

does any one has GPX for BLV?
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:48 PM   #18005
Off Limits
Really?
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,317
just been informed im busy the 14th to the 21st.

now if i could just convince her to let me ride joshua tree this weekend
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #18006
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Is there a big bear ride Sunday?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Is there a big bear ride Sunday?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...569233&page=22


hi mike, it's mostly intermediate trails, take the SE

the plan is ride to lake arrowhead and have lunch, if we get there before noon, i'm inclined to ride all the way to big bear have lunch at green valley, then take 3n16 and come down on the back side via coxey to mcDs in cajon and back to glen helen.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #18007
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider
just been informed im busy the 14th to the 21st.

now if i could just convince her to let me ride joshua tree this weekend





Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
does any one has GPX for BLV?

i think you can get one on the day of the ride.... just kidding, what you need if for, you always end up at the haski monument anyway!


for sure, there are a few who did that last year, they might have last year's gpx tracks.

try posting your question on the la/ barstow to vegas thread. hope someone still has it.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #18008
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty adventurer
Anza Borrego is a great time.

Here is a linky to a solo ride I did a while back.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ght=dirty+anza

I might be up for a return trip.

i remember that rr from last year, that was november!

thanks richard for the linky.



here's another one from chris (crawdaddy)
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530340
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:07 PM   #18009
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,633
no more hospitals please

no more hospitals in 2010 from now on.


yesterday evening, Scorpion (Dave) got into a similar accident as the one i was in.
a car turned left in front of him so last minute that he hit the grill of the car and superman'd onto the pavement sliding into the curb.

he was on his Vespa and it is totalled.

he broke his hip and is having surgery right now.

he is "okay" but as you can imagine, he is in extreme pain(but on Dilaudid), being that it is the same hip he bruised badly when filming 2 weeks ago with Riceless and fell.

he is at Burbank.

i plan to visit him tonight maybe around 8ish.

i don't know how he'll be right after surgery, so plans might change.

PM me or text me.

i will probably do the hospital rounds tomorrow or Friday as well and see Vern and Dave. maybe this will be the ADV bike night.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #18010
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,567
Oh fuck!

I am having to type this way too often these days...

Heal well Dave!
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #18011
roundtripping
Adventourist
 
roundtripping's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 1,702
Yikes! Heal up fast Dave!

It must be Obama's health care reforms that are kicking in, everyone's out testing their right to medical care
__________________
12 F658GS
13 Honda CRF250L


My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #18012
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping

It must be Obama's health care reforms that are kicking in, everyone's out testing their right to medical care
wow
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #18013
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR
no more hospitals in 2010 from now on.


yesterday evening, Scorpion (Dave) got into a similar accident as the one i was in.
a car turned left in front of him so last minute that he hit the grill of the car and superman'd onto the pavement sliding into the curb.

he was on his Vespa and it is totalled.

he broke his hip and is having surgery right now.

he is "okay" but as you can imagine, he is in extreme pain(but on Dilaudid), being that it is the same hip he bruised badly when filming 2 weeks ago with Riceless and fell.

he is at Burbank.

i plan to visit him tonight maybe around 8ish.

i don't know how he's be right after surgery, so plans might change.

PM me or text me.

i will probably do the hospital rounds tomorrow or Friday as well and see Vern and Dave. maybe this will be the ADV bike night.


it's insane! our numbers are getting called; some even got the call twice!

sorry to hear that dave, you take care and hope for your quick recovery.


dave 2 nights ago

NSFW screwed with this post 11-03-2010 at 04:20 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #18014
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Damn that sucks. Do these things happen in threes or is that just when movie stars die










My Heart goes out to you brother, I can't even imagine a broken hip, that's gotta be a mutha effer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #18015
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains







i think you can get one on the day of the ride.... just kidding, what you need if for, you always end up at the haski monument anyway!


for sure, there are a few who did that last year, they might have last year's gpx tracks.

try posting your question on the la/ barstow to vegas thread. hope someone still has it.
thinking about doing it, just can't do it on TG wknd..
i'll try LABLV thread..
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014