ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #19111
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...
 
Rapid Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Strangel Living West of Hell
Oddometer: 9,079
...there is a new med for Crohn's . I have a nephew who's taking it with good results. Not sure what the name (you prolly know ) is but I can find out. Of course it's way expensive...
__________________
'09 450 EXC Nani Roma Limited/'08 R1200R-Gone to the Hipsters/'02 Dirty lil KTM400EXC-gone to a good home/'10 WR290X/R buhbye!
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red/'06 950 ADV Orangeboom/91 R100GSPD Derelict

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #19112
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...there is a new med for Crohn's . I have a nephew who's taking it with good results. Not sure what the name (you prolly know ) is but I can find out. Of course it's way expensive...

when you find out could you PM the info?!?

i am going back on Remicade. it has been around for 10-15 years, so it's considered "old" in medical timeline. i've been on it before, but i am always looking for the latest and greatest.


WHOA, this thread has turned into L.A. Weekend Medical Thread

i keed i keed. (gotta keep a sense of humor through hard times)
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #19113
JeffS77
cheap bastard
 
JeffS77's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Riverside , CA
Oddometer: 3,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
WHOA, this thread has turned into L.A. Weekend Medical Thread

no shit it is...but seariously its sad yet nice at the same time (hard to explain) to know that other people here are going threw some of the same and more serious issues..the tuffist for us is that the only treatment is chemo..luckily for her the survival rate now adays is like 80% at 5 years. where in the past it was only 4 months to 2 years..she freaks out when most website list it as fatal but there are many many people doing fine everyday with it.

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM


MESQUITE RIDE !!!! sounds like fun, nice country out thar.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #19114
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,804
new publication on ADVenture riding and Dual Sport riding.


http://www.outriderjournal.com/



__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #19115
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
new publication on ADVenture riding and Dual Sport riding.


http://www.outriderjournal.com/



I think I know the guy who started this thing. I believe he was one of the first FF"s (#6) to sign up for the KotW but had to bail out to work on this....I think
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #19116
Rhino-1
Studly Adventurer
 
Rhino-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 870
Guys, ok, I know I'll get flamed for this, but what does "FF" stand for?
__________________
"I had this baby hand made in Tuscany, from titanium blessed by the pope. It weighs less than a fart, and costs more than a divorce...."

'03 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, '04 Aprilia Mille Factory, '75 Honda CB125S
Rhino-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #19117
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer
 
xymotic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Federal Way, WA
Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin8r View Post
Guys, ok, I know I'll get flamed for this, but what does "FF" stand for?
F'ing F*ck

As in; F you, you F'ing F... fyyff

We don't flame stupid newbs in this thread


I still don't really 'get' the PP thing though
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Sean
Oh for ***k's sake Aaron. Please link us to my fascist, racist or homophobic posts.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein


Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #19118
Rhino-1
Studly Adventurer
 
Rhino-1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
F'ing F*ck

As in; F you, you F'ing F... fyyff

We don't flame stupid newbs in this thread


I still don't really 'get' the PP thing though
So, not "friendly face," huh? ...
__________________
"I had this baby hand made in Tuscany, from titanium blessed by the pope. It weighs less than a fart, and costs more than a divorce...."

'03 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, '04 Aprilia Mille Factory, '75 Honda CB125S
Rhino-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #19119
Edelweys
DOM undercover
 
Edelweys's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 262
27 - 29

I am toying with the idea of camping and riding somewhere out at Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells area Monday through Wednesday (27 - 29). Honestly, it's beyond toying: I am seriously fondling that idea.
Don't know much about the trails there, except for a few tracks from gpsxchange.com (thx Christian).
Probably going to truck the XR, just to be safe: don't know how GS friendly that area is.

Anyone wants to roam that corner of the desert, I'm up for a little group-thang also.

The forecast calls for dry days around 68, nights around 41.
Sweet perfection...


MARY CRAMASS, FF's
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #19120
Riddler990
I Suck, You Rule.
 
Riddler990's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Burbank,Ca.
Oddometer: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post


I still don't really 'get' the PP thing though
That's an "inside" thang.
Riddler990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #19121
Klammer
Old and Grumpy
 
Klammer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Single track,desert, surf, water & snow ski Heaven
Oddometer: 2,329
Hey Andeas,
Jeff (Bolt) and the RIDERS are going to be out there at that time. Hook up with them, they know their way around and can show you some good stuff. I'm hoping to meet them out there on Thurs. Hope Jeff has the breakfast he promised us for Kennedy Meadows ready for me when I get there! http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweys View Post
I am toying with the idea of camping and riding somewhere out at Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells area Monday through Wednesday (27 - 29). Honestly, it's beyond toying: I am seriously fondling that idea.
Don't know much about the trails there, except for a few tracks from gpsxchange.com (thx Christian).
Probably going to truck the XR, just to be safe: don't know how GS friendly that area is.

Anyone wants to roam that corner of the desert, I'm up for a little group-thang also.

The forecast calls for dry days around 68, nights around 41.
Sweet perfection...


MARY CRAMASS, FF's
__________________
If it's got tits or tires,eventually,it's gonna give you trouble
RFBK videos http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...2#post16352382
Rowher Flats Trail Krew (RFTK)
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 PM   #19122
loner
explorer
 
loner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, Kalifornia
Oddometer: 315
Thumb Recovery

This seems like as good as time as any to let my ADV friends know that my recent health problem seems to be resolved. About 6 weeks ago I became very sick for 4 days. For the next several weeks I was easily fatigued and very weak. I saw my doctor, and blood and urine samples were taken, and after the results came in, I was sent to a clinic for a CatScan. The diagnosis was jaundice, and elevated liver function tests. I was then referred to a liver specialist, the first question was always 'Do you experiment with intravenous drugs?' Hell no. Well, neither doctor could tell me what was affecting my health, they could only venture a guess that I was a victim of some mysterious virus. I had my final blood test result come in today, and my enzyme levels that had been through the roof have all fallen back into the normal range.

In the interim, I was referred to a Wellness Doctor by BiggieFalls. I have had great success so far by following his regimen of taking organ specific supplements, changing my diet, and being treated for whole body wellness. I feel as good as I did before this virus took hold. Biggie, I still can't thank you enough for helping me through this. I'll be ready to roost again very soon.

I wish JeffS77, Erwin8R, and RAZR the best in dealing with their health issues.
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:59 PM   #19123
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
F'ing F*ck

As in; F you, you F'ing F... fyyff

We don't flame stupid newbs in this thread


I still don't really 'get' the PP thing though

The difference in spelling is due to the pronounciation of the english language. In the Philipeans, Filipino is spelled Pilipino. Since in english this does not sound like a, F, english replaces the P with an F rather then adding an h.


I have NO idea why we are worried about a Pilipino translation though?

Right, Vermon
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #19124
Edelweys
DOM undercover
 
Edelweys's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
Hey Andeas,
Jeff (Bolt) and the RIDERS are going to be out there at that time. Hook up with them, they know their way around and can show you some good stuff. I'm hoping to meet them out there on Thurs. Hope Jeff has the breakfast he promised us for Kennedy Meadows ready for me when I get there! http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643705
Thx Rich, I'll see if they'll let a dirty old man like me join the Festivus...
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #19125
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
The difference in spelling is due to the pronounciation of the english language. In the Philipeans, Filipino is spelled Pilipino. Since in english this does not sound like a, F, english replaces the P with an F rather then adding an h.


I have NO idea why we are worried about a Pilipino translation though?

Right, Vermon

PYYPP
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014