ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #19306
liorsmotoride
Lior's moto ride
 
liorsmotoride's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Corona, CA
Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweys View Post
At the same time, not far away...
Monday through Thursday near Ocotillo Wells with Jeff/BOLT from ridersonline. Thanks Klammer for setting this up...

Just a few samples:


Just another morning in the desert...


Playing in the sand box


Signal to ride after the rain on Wednesday


Found it: the trails of the thought to be extinct XR-Tripodus


Dirty girl posing


And then the winds kicked in; even Smiley turns Frowney: get me the fock down from here!


Silent Night, Holy Night?? - Not so silent, holy cow!!!


The next morning: waking up at the Sand Dune Motel...


Another morning: let the fun begin!


For the full enchilada of pictures:
http://www.zebranana.com/LatestEvents/DesertStorm/
Nice pics
__________________
www.liorsmotoride.com
Independent motorcycle Shop
Specializes In BMW and KTM motorcycles
Used parts 04 R1150GSA 09 R1200GS
Parts Unlimited dealer and lot more
liorsmotoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #19307
Off Limits
Thread killer
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,372
Pissed

Ok, I didn't back out! I was never in. If I was in I would have brought the blue light weight bike and done a wheelie where you guys were carrying bikes! Ps, I hope that wasn't oil on those rocks. At least it wascold out there and I'm sure you guys were just carrying bikes to keep warm.
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.

Off Limits screwed with this post 01-01-2011 at 11:04 PM
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:03 AM   #19308
luv2race
Confused
 
luv2race's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: OC
Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Check your chain roller mounted to the frame above the swingarm, poor f'in design from Suzuki. If it's bent, it's only a matter of time until it breaks leaving a large hole. Mine broke and left a hole in my frame. Now I have 2 cracks propagating that need to be stop drilled and welded before my next ride. I wanted to ride this weekend until I saw the problem after I washed my bike. I'll have it ready for the DV ride at the end of the month.
__________________
John
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #19309
El Zorrillo
charity case
 
El Zorrillo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: SJC, CA
Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceless950 View Post
Beautiful! Thanks.
great photos!
El Zorrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #19310
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Ok, I didn't back out! I was never in. If I was in I would have brought the blue light weight bike and done a wheelie where you guys were carrying bikes! Ps, I hope that wasn't oil on those rocks. At least it wascold out there and I'm sure you guys were just carrying bikes to keep warm.
Ok keyboard tough guy let's see:

We were done eating breakfast and ready to roll when you walked in and asked where we were going....Then you said you knew that "Entire" area....

Then you invited yourself

Then you ordered breakfast while we waited for someone we didn't invite

Then we waited while you got gas

Then we arrived at the staging area and you took one look at the hill and bitched out after we waited for your uninvited ass...

sound about right?

We set this ride up via pm amongst guys that like to ride with each other.

Did you get that PM?....no.....now you know why...
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #19311
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls View Post
Is that someone's oil all over those rocks?

naw...just water....

Tony's pics will show it better.....The top of the fall was solid sheet ice 4" thick....(you couldn't even ride to the edge of the fall)....it was melting and pooling into a slushie at the bottom...

Sito and Tony were beasts on the 690s....not really the bike for this kinda thing......the wash continued for the rest of our day...

TBC
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #19312
Edelweys
DOM undercover
 
Edelweys's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Ok keyboard tough guy let's see:

We were done eating breakfast and ready to roll when you walked in and asked where we were going....Then you said you knew that "Entire" area....

Then you invited yourself

Then you ordered breakfast while we waited for someone we didn't invite

Then we waited while you got gas

Then we arrived at the staging area and you took one look at the hill and bitched out after we waited for your uninvited ass...

sound about right?

We set this ride up via pm amongst guys that like to ride with each other.

Did you get that PM?....no.....now you know why...

OUCH! Someone just got a keyboard spanking!
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #19313
Off Limits
Thread killer
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,372
Ouch is right. Yea I know my plans werewishywashy, but being 120 miles from home while on your way to go ride by yourself, I was kind of happy to ride with guys I know. But thinking about the canyon you were telling me about and the bike I was riding, I decided to back out. I'm sorry you guys had to wait 10 whole minutes for me to eat and fuel my truck. Btw, what have I done to you to not get invited on a ride like this? You saw my new years post and obviously saw no one responding. So whos the dick now?
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #19314
Off Limits
Thread killer
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race View Post
Check your chain roller mounted to the frame above the swingarm, poor f'in design from Suzuki. If it's bent, it's only a matter of time until it breaks leaving a large hole. Mine broke and left a hole in my frame. Now I have 2 cracks propagating that need to be stop drilled and welded before my next ride. I wanted to ride this weekend until I saw the problem after I washed my bike. I'll have it ready for the DV ride at the end of the month.

I do keep an eye on it. I have the pro cycle suspicion kit with the 8.1 spring. It seems to be working fine and
Is not bent. I use to bottom all the time before the suspension upgrade so now the wear on the roller seems just normal. What do you replace the roller with? I was thinking an Allen head screw that won't stick out and hit the chain
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #19315
luv2race
Confused
 
luv2race's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: OC
Oddometer: 2,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
What do you replace the roller with? I was thinking an Allen head screw that won't stick out and hit the chain
I didn't, there is a big hole in it's place. I'm gonna fab a filler piece and weld it in.
__________________
John
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #19316
Off Limits
Thread killer
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,372
Just went to the garage, it's still there. I've read about this on the dr650 thread. Gonna look into it. I don't want to be welding anything on my bike
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #19317
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweys View Post
OUCH! Someone just got a keyboard spanking!

Hey A....great pics by the way....bet you find sand in that gear 3 years from now...
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #19318
Edelweys
DOM undercover
 
Edelweys's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Huntington Beach
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Hey A....great pics by the way....bet you find sand in that gear 3 years from now...
That's not even the worst part: I think I'll find sand in my own bodily gears and transmission for the next few years...
But that's probably too personal and TMI...
Edelweys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #19319
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Play nice boy's... It's a new Year and we all just want to ride and have fun ( I'm do'in my best fill'in in for Joel )
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #19320
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
Play nice boy's... It's a new Year and we all just want to ride and have fun ( I'm do'in my best fill'in in for Joel )
This IS me playing nice.......

Rider....going pm
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014