ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 02:58 AM   #20986
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer
 
airborndad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Montclair Ca.
Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
Hey guys, I figure I've been poking my head around the Orange Crush forum on ADVRider often enough to come say hi in my regional sub-section.

Just moved back to the LA area after living in Oregon for about 6 years. Also just moved back to Adventure bikes, having gotten rid of my Buell XB12Ss in order to pick up a '10 990R.

I learned how to ride on a dual sport bike, so it feels real good to be back on one. Not sure why I ever left in the first place...

Anyway, I'm still very inexperienced when it comes to riding off-road. I'm looking to rapidly build that skill-set, and maybe visit some of the parts of the Southern California region that I never got to see by being an LA-bound teen.

I'm always game for a weekend ride, and have the next week and a half free for anyone that wants to head out on a week day!
alot of people are getting ready for the Death Valley Noobs ride (booked up) so you might not get any bites on your ride offer for a couple of weeks

But
Keep an eye on this thread:

Best Noob "Day Trip" Trail/Ride in So Cal? La Verne/Los Angeles

and this
Cleveland National Forest Report


and of course this one that you posted in:

L.A. Weekend Ride
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #20987
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
Hey guys, I figure I've been poking my head around the Orange Crush forum on ADVRider often enough to come say hi in my regional sub-section.

Just moved back to the LA area after living in Oregon for about 6 years. Also just moved back to Adventure bikes, having gotten rid of my Buell XB12Ss in order to pick up a '10 990R.

I learned how to ride on a dual sport bike, so it feels real good to be back on one. Not sure why I ever left in the first place...

Anyway, I'm still very inexperienced when it comes to riding off-road. I'm looking to rapidly build that skill-set, and maybe visit some of the parts of the Southern California region that I never got to see by being an LA-bound teen.

I'm always game for a weekend ride, and have the next week and a half free for anyone that wants to head out on a week day!


hi octo, welcome to the local community. this weekend, most of us will all be busy getting ready for the nOObs DV rally. after that, there will be a lot of riding. lots of riding in april.

check out the warped VII thread...many of us are going there too and there should be spots left.

good choice, nice bike you have there....RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

there are at least 14 inmates in this thread that ride lc8, some of them even have 2 in their garages.

wll catch you on the next ride. if you want something easy, we will smell the flowers in carrizo this april. keep an eye on that one.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #20988
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
hi octo, welcome to the local community. this weekend, most of us will all be busy getting ready for the nOObs DV rally. after that, there will be a lot of riding. lots of riding in april.

check out the warped VII thread...many of us are going there too and there should be spots left.

good choice, nice bike you have there....RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

there are at least 14 inmates in this thread that ride lc8, some of them even have 2 in their garages.

wll catch you on the next ride. if you want something easy, we will smell the flowers in carrizo this april. keep an eye on that one.
Joel,

Do we have a set date for Carrizo "Smell the Flowers" ride yet?
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #20989
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Joel,

Do we have a set date for Carrizo "Smell the Flowers" ride yet?

i have a feeling it will be april 8,9, and 10. it involves camping.

but before we finalize it, we need to know if the flowers are already in bloom.

i'll send ddennis a PM. others can chime IN....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #20990
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Joel,

Do we have a set date for Carrizo "Smell the Flowers" ride yet?
About the only dates possible are April 16 or April 30. I am certain that I missed some ride. The Penguis are on the 10th, Warped is on the 22nd.

My vote would be for Tax weekend. Help get our mind of the taxes we just had to pay.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #20991
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
About the only dates possible are April 16 or April 30. I am certain that I missed some ride. The Penguis are on the 10th, Warped is on the 22nd.

My vote would be for Tax weekend. Help get our mind of the taxes we just had to pay.

i think we won't be doing the penguins.....

me no can do no small bike by then.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #20992
Lonestar2112
scatology expert
 
Lonestar2112's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ventura County CA
Oddometer: 6,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
i think we won't be doing the penguins.....

me no can do no small bike by then.
JL gaduates could do the Carrizo on big bikes.
__________________
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...SKgzdmS9ir0XK3

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #20993
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Oddometer: 577
Thanks. I need to get tires changed. Last guy had straight-up street tires on the bike. I look forward to meeting some of the inmates at Rowher sometime this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
welcome to the local community mnc. you're good, the 625 is a great all around bike and in the middle of the line up. i have a running 640E, and a 640A in pieces. love those bikes.





that's the one, not too far from you.

after rowher, explore spunky ridge, tule ridge, and sawmill. tons of riding in your area. since you're new in dirt, find someone to ride with or hook up with us. just check out this thread regularly.

will see you in the future.
MNCherryinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #20994
trailtrick
goat trail rider
 
trailtrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: socal
Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
i think we won't be doing the penguins.....

me no can do no small bike by then.
Did you try wat i tell you on it ??, i can help you saturady if you drive it up
__________________
"Vive tus sueños en vida, no la vida en sueños.

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #20995
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post
Did you try wat i tell you on it ??, i can help you saturady if you drive it up

did u get my bike???
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #20996
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,522
Ride For Kids is on April 17.

i would love to make it out to Carrizo! i've never been there.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:12 PM   #20997
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
did u get my bike???

why not a 450exc?

is it b/c it's slower than a 530 and won't get you to the haski monument quicker....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:09 PM   #20998
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
why not a 450exc?

is it b/c it's slower than a 530 and won't get you to the haski monument quicker....

no need for another 450
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #20999
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
why not a 450exc?

is it b/c it's slower than a 530 and won't get you to the haski monument quicker....
I think I saw DannyG's new ride at Trailtrick's today. I don 't think it's Orange. But I could be wrong.

Pretty happy with my 450exc. I'm sure it will get me most everywhere fast.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #21000
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
I think I saw DannyG's new ride at Trailtrick's today. I don 't think it's Orange. But I could be wrong.

Pretty happy with my 450exc. I'm sure it will get me most everywhere fast.


Did you say hi to my 950's suspension? Does it miss me
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014