ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #2101
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat
Nice ride fellas ,good report as usual ... one thing tho,i saw not one barly pop after lunch??? billy....TT .....??WTF No couch for me Joel opted to work and yes SC games take priority hockey season starts soon, time is at a premium looks like alot of week day rides for me PS where is this "chuys" you speek of...
Thanks doood...

SC is going to rock, #1 now in the poll! We don't need a fu**+@! expensive NFL team, if we have SC . Football played for glory, not money!

Chuys on Lyon Ave., we need to hit this place after we do another Lake Elizabeth Ride. I think it's cool to show up in mx boots, soiled and sweaty clothes, our face covered with dust, dirty bikes, you know what I mean.

Like this...

NSFW screwed with this post 09-15-2008 at 01:45 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:42 PM   #2102
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,301
Laugh

I hear you brudda, lets do that for sure
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #2103
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,307
Got Sito hu'hu today ,flat in laval rd and 5 fwy in the way to a ride ,now i belive in it also
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #2104
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

dang sito....lift the curse!
Old 09-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #2105
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
lovely ride report joel per usual,ahh chuys a lovely hangout good eats and a full bar also,sorry dunerat no barley pops only i brought um and everyone drunk um,go figure .So the ride started at mcdes at 8 everyone present kena jeffe bb and richk on a flawless gs (my mind goes staight to tbartow pre knobbies) but homie can ride that beast.tt takes us up between the 5 fwy north and south I mean dirt trails in 1/2 mile.have to let tt go cuz he's on the gas hard and zero visibility on a unknown trail=u know what .We end up close to the 5 fwyand templin hwy go east on nice wide slab almost to the castiac filtration plant take a offshoot and on to this weird like cement run off road with chunks missing and rocks crossings(in winter this one will be excellent),fallen trees sweeping turns ,was really cool and sort of apololictic but fun for like 4or5 miles.Then we run into a nice campsite with no markings but several full campsites.Once past that we on a trail or road as tt would call it much like tulridge and the fun starts fisrt tt block passes me and i bounch off the rocks then my bro kena buzzin me for a few corners and passes me on the outside,u guys know the klr starts inside and drifts to where it wants not where i point her,any who thers kenny feet up on the outside and bermshots the mountain and gone cuz i cant see sh't and thers a nice 1000 foot cliff on my right. recover and do the best i can to keep the two fishtailers in sight.about another 5 mile we end up at the top of san franscito a theres a poor camper in his silverado just sittin the e,it seems someone locked the gate and no ones around to open it,bummer but we are on a time sch and time waits for no one.
bouncing billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #2106
dunerat
WTF?

Question

Hmmm....billy, this route worth ckin out
Old 09-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #2107
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

1/2 a mile sharp left and drop in the canyon to on of the h8chains beer stops ,time anxiety goes away cuz were close and only 13 minutes behind sch.All the creek crosings dry and a heavy thud rocks clankin off the skid plates ,now I know were I'm going and I'm goona give these boys a run for their money ,fat chance same thing first tt then kena but we gobble up this trail and wait for them at the junction while tt goes to meet um on the canyon, second barley break.very few minutes later and here came the reinforcements.those guys have 2 miles dirt and we have 28 so off we go,half go the trail and half the fire roed,i took the fireroad then changed my mind and took a offshootand joined up with the group on the trail.Heres where things took a bad turn for me,steep uphillon a razorback with whoops at the bottom and a kink halfway upabout 1/4/mile long.I'm looking at it, sito just putts to it and just chugs up no problem.so their i go 2 gear braaraph1/2 way have to downshift right at the kink the rear spins up and no more forward motion .turnaround 2 try again,in the meantime dannyg chugs right up and rrueger the same on the 640,I'm mad now and wasting time so I'll try 1st wind her out their she goes but spinnin and widen the trail at 2 ft left and right but to no avail almost the same spot as the first time but soooo out of control.One more try 2nd gear and there i go this time i spin up but i'll use the edge of the trail for traction ,yeah right the bushes are so thick they just grabbed the klr had stood her up ,really the bikes idling on the side of the hill and nothing is touching the ground,whole thing is high centeredon the skid plate lucky me after jeffe was done laughing we pulled her out,but the pipes bent and the mirrors are two and i'm sweatin like a fool and the bros are waitin, this sucks ,so back track and there all the gus are with the wasts up ,cant climb ,my sis on a moped. ,fell asleep waitin talk about emberrassing. Then riches gs wont fier up another 15 minbut we make to the rock in .And i need a cocktail should be bloody mary red bull and v so decide red bull and v with tobasquo and weirstershire and suck down 2 with pulled pork excellent
Old 09-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #2108
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
Hey amigos!

When is this upcoming full moon ride? I'm too lazy to scroll through all the 100's and 100's of pages!
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #2109
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Theres more but its a face to face bro ,but i know it now and w'll do it again.Missed ya brudder
Old 09-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #2110
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

full mooner this fri is what joel says
Old 09-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #2111
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

next time pics with ride report promise
Old 09-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #2112
dunerat
WTF?

Thumb

Rich its this fri 9/19.two possible meet locations 1) 76 station @ the 2 hwy south of the 210 fwy @ 530 pm, or 2) NR at 730
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #2113
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,907
Cool! Thanks BB and DR!

-Rich
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #2114
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep
Cool! Thanks BB and DR!

-Rich

LINKY......

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...358064&page=37

hey billy, sounds like you had more blast than what i was able to imagined.....
Old 09-15-2008, 05:29 PM   #2115
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,281
Chuy's at the 5 and Lyons ave. in Valencia