ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 PM   #21361
Rev Kiecker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 729
Hey Joel,

I know the National Parks seem to be free right now but you might qualify for this

America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Senior Pass. - Cost $10.

America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Senior Pass
This is a lifetime pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. The pass provides access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity. The pass admits the pass holder and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas and pass holder + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, at per person fee areas (children under 16 are admitted free). The pass can only be obtained in person at the park. The Senior Pass provides a 50 percent discount on some Expanded Amenity Fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services. In some cases where Expanded Amenity Fees are charged, only the pass holder will be given the 50 percent price reduction. The pass is non-transferable and generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessionaires.

http://www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

But in all seriousness, I bought one for my dad a couple years back. He and my mom have been putting it to good use. Best $10 gift I ever made.
IBA #201

INTERNATIONAL TAXI DRIVER REPORTING FOR DUTY.
Rev Kiecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #21362
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Great to see you made some time to ride. We have been thinking about you. Especially when we rode past Ruugger cliff last Sunday.
Very disconcearning that I have a "cliff" named after me.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #21363
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Kiecker View Post
Hey Joel,

I know the National Parks seem to be free right now but you might qualify for this

America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass – Senior Pass. - Cost $10.

America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass – Senior Pass
This is a lifetime pass for U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over. The pass provides access to, and use of, Federal recreation sites that charge an Entrance or Standard Amenity. The pass admits the pass holder and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per vehicle fee areas and pass holder + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, at per person fee areas (children under 16 are admitted free). The pass can only be obtained in person at the park. The Senior Pass provides a 50 percent discount on some Expanded Amenity Fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services. In some cases where Expanded Amenity Fees are charged, only the pass holder will be given the 50 percent price reduction. The pass is non-transferable and generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessionaires.

But in all seriousness, I bought one for my dad a couple years back. He and my mom have been putting it to good use. Best $10 gift I ever made.

yeah nice if i can wait and still alive........for now i'm good at denny's.....

i remember skiing at mammoth and my friend paid only $15 (?) i think.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #21364
tuff enuff
Imported Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Kiecker View Post
Hey Joel,

America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Senior Pass. - Cost $10.

America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass Senior Pass

Yeah, it's a good deal. It substitutes for the Adventure Pass for parking at Rowher. And it comes with a low cost medical plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff enuff View Post

Old timers ride free
tuff enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #21365
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuff enuff View Post
Yeah, it's a good deal. It substitutes for the Adventure Pass for parking at Rowher. And it comes with a low cost medical plan.

that's nice and payback time...

dennis, hope you're healing nicely and soon be ready in a few months.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 AM   #21366
Manzone
Excelsior

Oddometer: 12
I am a Noob and want to ride.

I am new to the area and looking for people to ride with and am really interested in this area:

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/t.../ride_1c47.htm

My formative year were spent riding through the trees in Northern Michigan. Now I am hear in LA, Echo Park and want to ride. I have transportation to get to staging areas and some fire in my boots.

I can ride as early as this Friday April 22, Sunday April 23, or Monday April 24 and weekends beyond that.

See you in the Future.
Manzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #21367
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,312
Thumb

welcome Zoner....Warped this weekend,many more rides to comesee you soon
Old 04-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #21368
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzone View Post
I am new to the area and looking for people to ride with and am really interested in this area:

My formative year were spent riding through the trees in Northern Michigan. Now I am hear in LA, Echo Park and want to ride. I have transportation to get to staging areas and some fire in my boots.

I can ride as early as this Friday April 22, Sunday April 23, or Monday April 24 and weekends beyond that.

See you in the Future.

you're in the right zone man....and welcome to the local community. every year we have a few rides to lake arrowhead and big bear. because of its elevation, the mountains is a cooler place to ride during summer.

keep an eye on this thread and we will have something coming up.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:23 PM   #21369
WHYNOWTHEN
where are the pedals?

Oddometer: 566
Does anybody have a plastic KTM skid plate laying around in their garage? I seem to have lost mine on a little ride with Riceless 450.
It needs to fit an '05 EXC 450.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #21370
toast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Video from April 17 Red Mtns with Nowwhat, Toast, and Snake2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Nowwhat and Toast out at Red Mountain area.
Light breezes kept the dust down. Had breakfast at Mikes Roadhouse, back at the truck by 2pm.
Back to using my 4 year old point and shoot, the new camera wasn't holding up to the abuses of the desert.
Hill jump.

Pictures removed to save mouse roll movements:
Lack of courage and self-preservation keeps the 690 close to the ground.
Nowwhat and that Berg, both were on point today.
Considering that this weekend starts spring break for a lot of kids out there, surprisingly we only saw 2 quad groups and 1 sole rider all day.
2 runs up this hill for me, the 1st one turn around wasn't so good for me or the 690. Now that I have installed the side-stand elimination kit, the 690 doesn't stall at all.
SNAKE!
Nowwhat isn't afraid of snakes, even if they try to bite him. He clears the 690 of all reptiles, thanks!
This trail got pretty narrow and tried to swallow the Berg. It took a tow rope to pull her out. Nowwhat guided the bike while Toast PULLED and PULLED and PULLED.
Yea Toast!
This hill climb kicked my ass on 2-27-11, Dunerat knows.
On that day there was snow, today it was dry and loose. It was hard to pick her up based on the angle. This is the first time I sat on my downed 690. I didn't have the momentum and down-shifted too early. 2nd time up was perfect.
And the required track jump before we are back at the truck
VIDEO attached:
As always, hit play to start and then hit pause to let it catch up.

YouTube
Spot
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #21371
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOWTHEN View Post
Does anybody have a plastic KTM skid plate laying around in their garage? I seem to have lost mine on a little ride with Riceless 450.
It needs to fit an '05 EXC 450.
Got one , sorry though, it's still bolted to my frame...Better loctite those bolt next time, I'll keep my eyes peeled...
Old 04-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #21372
Manzone
Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
welcome Zoner....Warped this weekend,many more rides to comesee you soon
Warped looks SWEET!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #21373
Klammer
Old and Grumpy

Oddometer: 2,339
Wicked

Quote:

See you in the Future.
Welcome to the asylum Manzone ! If your looking for a ride, the Rowher flats breakfast klub is meeting tomorrow morning. Here's a link to the thread and another with directions and map to the staging area.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15709575&postcount=2751

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106408827172695453830.000478b48b0743f1ea656&ll=34.51239,-118.382728&spn=0.047456,0.07699&t=h&z=14

We'll be at the first staging area around 8:00am.
Save $5.00 on SmugMug (coupon vJQj53lXRtVfs) http://smugmug.com/
Klammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #21374
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:

See you in the Future.
Welcome, but unless Manzone is your last name you might want to change it. It think there's a bar in LB called that.

notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #21375
Manzone
Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klammer View Post
Welcome to the asylum Manzone ! If your looking for a ride, the Rowher flats breakfast klub is meeting tomorrow morning. Here's a link to the thread and another with directions and map to the staging area.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15709575&postcount=2751

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106408827172695453830.000478b48b0743f1ea656&ll=34.51239,-118.382728&spn=0.047456,0.07699&t=h&z=14

We'll be at the first staging area around 8:00am.
I AM THERE!!!! Thanks for the invite!!!