ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #21811
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rider View Post
Prepping for big bear. Think i might ride and actually camp off the bike this time. Stil waiting to hear from my buddy and what he wants to do.
long live the adv spirit...good job sean.....


let's see how long before sito gets bored sleeping by himself in the mansion and eventually get back to camping.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #21812
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post
Crossing will not be an issue. last time people when around the side and didn't get wet!

haha.......going over the big boulders and when i crash, i still will fall in the water.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #21813
RandyM
Less talk, More ride
 
RandyM's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Westminster, Ca
Oddometer: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead View Post
in for a day ride. I have some reservations about the green valley crossing though
2nd Gear, wide open,... You'll be fine!



P.S. I think that side is the deeper side.
__________________
-Ride Safe-
RandyM
RandyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #21814
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
2nd Gear, wide open,... You'll be fine!



P.S. I think that side is the deeper side.


true, 2nd gear and WOT is the correct answer....













unless you're riding a 690E



NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #21815
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Started a KotW recon ride on Wednesday from Bishop over the White Mountains and way beyond to central and Northern Nevada, but got shut out above 9500 ft with snow still too deep to make it to the Eastern side. Back to Bishop, loaded up the bikes and drove to Tonopah. Rode from there to Eureka all back country about 190 miles. Pretty clear to Eureka. From Eureka to Winnemucca is impassable due to snow in elevations above 7500 ft and high water and mud in the valleys. Forecast for the next two weeks is more snow in elevations above 8000 and heavy rain in the valleys with a flood watch on north and south of Winnemucca.

Here's what we were running from Yesterday and some other pics from the trip. We got rained on Friday at about 6000 ft with snow most likely falling about 7500.



Somewhere in the White Mountains.





Somwhere in Central Nevada.



Wild horses giving us the eye.


I rode this for about 6 miles just after submarining my bike in water up to my tank.


Soon after this the track completely disappeared and I rode cc for about 10 miles.


Yes, this is the track, why do you ask?


So is this.........................


And this..............


More snow and this went for as far as we could see down the valley stopping our forward motion................




.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #21816
Off Limits
Thread killer
 
Off Limits's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Camp Snoopy
Oddometer: 3,460
Looks bitching Rob.
__________________
We are not Assholes, we just see things the way they are! Selfish people live longer.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #21817
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
kotw secret greeting.....

awesome pics rob, the weather was not too bad this weekend compared to what you guys went through. i hope jim gets the credit he deserves, he has been the other steve of apple computer.

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #21818
liorsmotoride
Lior's moto ride
 
liorsmotoride's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Corona, CA
Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Started a KotW recon ride on Wednesday from Bishop over the White Mountains and way beyond to central and Northern Nevada, but got shut out above 9500 ft with snow still too deep to make it to the Eastern side. Back to Bishop, loaded up the bikes and drove to Tonopah. Rode from there to Eureka all back country about 190 miles. Pretty clear to Eureka. From Eureka to Winnemucca is impassable due to snow in elevations above 7500 ft and high water and mud in the valleys. Forecast for the next two weeks is more snow in elevations above 8000 and heavy rain in the valleys with a flood watch on north and south of Winnemucca.

Here's what we were running from Yesterday and some other pics from the trip. We got rained on Friday at about 6000 ft with snow most likely falling about 7500.



Somewhere in the White Mountains.





Somwhere in Central Nevada.



Wild horses giving us the eye.


I rode this for about 6 miles just after submarining my bike in water up to my tank.


Soon after this the track completely disappeared and I rode cc for about 10 miles.


Yes, this is the track, why do you ask?


So is this.........................


And this..............


More snow and this went for as far as we could see down the valley stopping our forward motion................




.
looks very nice ride thanks for the info
__________________
www.liorsmotoride.com
Independent motorcycle Shop
Specializes In BMW and KTM motorcycles
Parts Unlimited dealer and lot more
liorsmotoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #21819
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
last weekend sucks. these clouds wasn't really a threat last saturday; though it made me want to stay home.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #21820
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic
 
Fishyhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Oddometer: 3,143
Some knarly shit, rob!
__________________
Duy. You know, like the decimal system.
Spot shared page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...FogjjtYMdOqF2n
Fishyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #21821
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Go Rob go....

Hope folks got out for a local ride today... great day for a ride
I was out by the rock inn... sorry didn't take the camera.
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #21822
BootDragger
Rehibilitation Rebel
 
BootDragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Paula, Ca.
Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
Go Rob go....

Hope folks got out for a local ride today... great day for a ride
I was out by the rock inn... sorry didn't take the camera.
Bummer.... Must have just missed you. Solo ride, Green vally for lunch and just played around the area.
__________________
BootDragger's Spot

"I like you. People say I’ve got no taste, but I like you!."
BootDragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #21823
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
Go Rob go....

Hope folks got out for a local ride today... great day for a ride
I was out by the rock inn... sorry didn't take the camera.
i prefer to ride in cooler weather. hope this is not the last weekend we'll have a winter like weather.

rock inn or rock store, both are great place for all sort of bikers.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #21824
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,229
the past weekend report

may 14th, saturday 7am, bike was loaded up for an overnight camping in big bear. the weather looks threatening, a storm is forcasted to hit the mountains today. well, i always believe as long i have the right gear and equipment, and mentally prepared for this less than ideal weather, then i should be ok.





just follow the dark clouds.. the ride to the meeting place was already daunting, and now the weather made it interesting



70 miles later, i see the PPs. now i'm committed, was thinking of turning around if no one shows up








rich my fellow ninja turtle was full to brim
[
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #21825
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuane View Post
Bummer.... Must have just missed you. Solo ride, Green vally for lunch and just played around the area.
I was thinking of you I did that nice single track you showed me
PM me your phone # and I'll call next time
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014