ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #22261
MojaveSidecar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 562
Hold the phone on ACH to Wrightwood ... the latest from Caltrans

11-095b (Revised)
Date: Friday, June 3, 2011 (1600)
District: 8- San Bernardino
Phone: (909) 383-1910 (work)
(951) 232-4268 (cell)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

STATE ROUTE 2 WILL OPEN AFTERALL…

San Bernardino County – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) has reopened State Route 2 (SR-2) from Vincent’s Gap to Islip Saddle as of today, June 3, 2011. District 7 was able to expedite work and traffic control for a storm damaged section of SR-2 west of Islip Saddle.

Storm repairs will take place on SR-2 in Los Angeles County at Eagles Roost, located west of Islip Saddle, with either flagging or a traffic control signal for passage, one lane at a time. Motorists are advised to be safe, reduce their speed, and have patience while passing through the emergency work zone.

Caltrans District 8 will continue with a planned fog seal project on SR-2 between Vincents Gap and Islip Saddle (west of Wrightwood) next week with a full closure June 9 from 7 am to June 10 at 7 am.

For more roadwork information, please go to www.caltrans8.info and sign up for Commuter Alerts under “CT Connect”.
MojaveSidecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #22262
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by novos View Post
Its a TW200 - always had my eye on them and my girl was picking up a DS of her own so I got the TW. Did that little stint up pacific crest trail, then El Mirage and Rowher a couple of weekends. Really digging it.

And as far as th knobbies... the stock trail wings on the TW are pretty good since Ive managed to scrape footpegs coming down ACH from the tunnels to newcombs :)

tw2. i have one too. nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I'm trying to connect the dots from Cajon Pass to Hwy 58. Seems like around Adelanto there are power line roads to the east of 395 and a road of sorts on the west side of 395. What I can't see is how to get from Summit to the Adelanto area on dirt. I guess I'm the last noob to ride out to the Husky monument, but if I can figure out the route in the next few weeks anyone want to go?

here ya go jeff. courtesy of rider914

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=230
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #22263
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
I'm trying to connect the dots from Cajon Pass to Hwy 58. Seems like around Adelanto there are power line roads to the east of 395 and a road of sorts on the west side of 395. What I can't see is how to get from Summit to the Adelanto area on dirt. I guess I'm the last noob to ride out to the Husky monument, but if I can figure out the route in the next few weeks anyone want to go?
You're not the last to ride out to the husky monument, I haven't been there either....
Old 06-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #22264
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Sunday dual sport ride , intermedia and experts welcome , we leave from frazier park and back to frazier park

8 am meeting ,620 canada trail frazier park 93225

60 miles range . we will gas up and get food in lake o the woods
probably 120 mile day the morning loop be harder than the afternoon part
we will ride LPNF trails

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #22265
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead View Post
Cleg :) What day?
Duy,

Cleghorn on Sunday with Matt. Check this one out http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...6#post16078526
I also wanna ride tomorrow as well (6/4 Sat). I would love to do the long loop that Joel posted here but if it is too much I'll just go to Cleveland NF like last weekend.
Anyone up for that? PM me or post here before 8:30 am tomorrow morning (6/4)
Thanks.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #22266
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,163
I may do a quick run up CNF on sunday IF I can get my 250 running right tomorrow
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #22267
msgtretired
the 'Sarge'

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post
Sunday dual sport ride , intermedia and experts welcome , we leave from frazier park and back to frazier park

we will ride LPNF trails
maaaaaaaan. All these good rides are popping up now and I can't participate due to a Knee injury. damn my stooopid knee. fullly torn ACL, spraingd MCL, partial ton miniscous, fluid in knee. I am out of pocket for a few months.... You say LPNF, are you talking Snowy? upper Piru? Arrasta? or better..? Nevermind, I don't wanna know, it would just make me feel even worse that I cannot join you.
My Vimeo => http://vimeo.com/user2606435/videos
msgtretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #22268
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtretired View Post
maaaaaaaan. All these good rides are popping up now and I can't participate due to a Knee injury. damn my stooopid knee. fullly torn ACL, spraingd MCL, partial ton miniscous, fluid in knee. I am out of pocket for a few months.... You say LPNF, are you talking Snowy? upper Piru? Arrasta? or better..? Nevermind, I don't wanna know, it would just make me feel even worse that I cannot join you.

if you have insurance and doctors proscription for knee braces i can help you get POD MX 700 at minimal or no cost (depend on your medical insurance)
Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #22269
msgtretired
the 'Sarge'

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
if you have insurance and doctors proscription for knee braces i can help you get POD MX 700 at minimal or no cost (depend on your medical insurance)
How do those compare the the asterisks? I picked up a pair of Asteisks real cheap from a buddy. After my get-off though. It was a stoopid fall. My front tire washed out in a mud puddle, I went off trail, corrected it, then the bike grabbed a wire fence (thanks forest service) and threw me off. at one point, my toes were aiming towards my butt.
My Vimeo => http://vimeo.com/user2606435/videos
msgtretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #22270
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,475
hey guys, my Ford E350 Van was stolen last night.

please be on the lookout.

here's the thread i started...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post16082032
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #22271
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
How do those compare the the asterisks? I picked up a pair of Asteisks real cheap from a buddy. After my get-off though. It was a stoopid fall. My front tire washed out in a mud puddle, I went off trail, corrected it, then the bike grabbed a wire fence (thanks forest service) and threw me off. at one point, my toes were aiming towards my butt.

Asterisk knee braces: not medical brace, hard to adjust the alignment for the knee joint (if not adjusted will restrict knee ext or flx, does not facilitate quad contraction)

POD MX 700 knee braces: medical knee brace, have patented knee hinge so knee alignment not need (no restriction for the neutral knee movement, also facilitate quad contraction)

from my personal experience, I like the POD MX 700 better (i did try using Asterisk, currently using POD MX)
Old 06-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #22272
riceless950
Let's Ride!

Oddometer: 3,228
Was your bike in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
hey guys, my Ford E350 Van was stolen last night.

please be on the lookout.

here's the thread i started...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post16082032
riceless950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #22273
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Sarge,
I feel for you...I'm still laid up with a healing collar bone and ribs from my rowher fall. Get well soon.
Bob
MNCherryinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #22274
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
i had the pod, good quality, but at the time i was riding the 640A with fat tank, my legs had difficulty grabbing the tank. the inside pieces at the knee area adds another 1/2 inch and causing my legs to spread out. may not be an issue if your tank is skinny.

hope your injuries will be the last and wish you better health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCherryinCA View Post
Sarge,
I feel for you...I'm still laid up with a healing collar bone and ribs from my rowher fall. Get well soon.
Bob

bob, good to hear you're healing up. just relax and will see you when you get back on the saddle.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #22275
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post

we will ride LPNF trails

lots of great riding there and the weather should be perfect. this is a small bike ride for sure. the lighter the better. good for my exc which is is running now. wants to wheelie up to 3rd gear and me skeered to ride it on uphill terrains and get looped.