ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #22276
Rev Kiecker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 729
I have the older pods and they seem to work fine with my large TT tank. Once they are on I don't even really notice they are there, until after I fall and am I'm glad I had them on.
IBA #201

INTERNATIONAL TAXI DRIVER REPORTING FOR DUTY.
Rev Kiecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 PM   #22277
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
I'm Back... got the new computer working been riding did ortaga last week it's been worked on...
good to see the partys still going...I'm riding sunday but not sure where
wet dirt
Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #22278
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post
Sunday dual sport ride , intermedia and experts welcome , we leave from frazier park and back to frazier park

8 am meeting ,620 canada trail frazier park 93225

60 miles range . we will gas up and get food in lake o the woods
probably 120 mile day the morning loop be harder than the afternoon part
we will ride LPNF trails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
I'm Back... got the new computer working been riding did ortaga last week it's been worked on...
good to see the partys still going...I'm riding sunday but not sure where
wet dirt
???
Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #22279
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Looks like Javi.. is rolling small bikes
Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #22280
msgtretired
the 'Sarge'

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
i had the pod, good quality, but at the time i was riding the 640A with fat tank, my legs had difficulty grabbing the tank. the inside pieces at the knee area adds another 1/2 inch and causing my legs to spread out. may not be an issue if your tank is skinny.

hope your injuries will be the last and wish you better health.

bob, good to hear you're healing up. just relax and will see you when you get back on the saddle.
Thanks. I hope the Othapedic Sugeon does me good. Having this injury since October has impacted my riding.

I have a wider aceribis 3.4 gal tank on my 530. I like the feel of the Asterisks braces compared to the cheap pads I had when I injured the knee. I can't complain about the cost of the asterisks. My buddy sold them to me for 200 bucks cause they were tight on him. I sent them into asterisks and for 75 bucks they replaced all the clips, pads and worn out parts. so for a 275 dollar investment, I got a 600 dollar pair of braces. too bad I didn't have them when I did my superman flying manuever last Oct.
My Vimeo => http://vimeo.com/user2606435/videos
msgtretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #22281
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
See u all @ Javier's place..
Old 06-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #22282
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtretired View Post
Thanks. I hope the Othapedic Sugeon does me good. Having this injury since October has impacted my riding.

I have a wider aceribis 3.4 gal tank on my 530. I like the feel of the Asterisks braces compared to the cheap pads I had when I injured the knee. I can't complain about the cost of the asterisks. My buddy sold them to me for 200 bucks cause they were tight on him. I sent them into asterisks and for 75 bucks they replaced all the clips, pads and worn out parts. so for a 275 dollar investment, I got a 600 dollar pair of braces. too bad I didn't have them when I did my superman flying manuever last Oct.

can't beat that, good deal and best protection. i would like to try the asterisks and looking for demo days.

i have the skinnier tank now so the outcome may be more postive. also, if i add a wider and extended footpegs, i should be able to position my feet farther out and be able to grab the tank better. having comfy position on the bike is the foremost i think.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:28 PM   #22283
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

camping suggestions

thinking of another advriding and camping. sometime in july and august.

3 or 4 days. i could think of the sierras @ bass lakes and other high elevations.

been reading and studying the ca state parks map.

if you have been to some places or heard about it, let us know.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #22284
msgtretired
the 'Sarge'

Oddometer: 157
Quote:
can't beat that, good deal and best protection. i would like to try the asterisks and looking for demo days.

i have the skinnier tank now so the outcome may be more postive. also, if i add a wider and extended footpegs, i should be able to position my feet farther out and be able to grab the tank better. having comfy position on the bike is the foremost i think.
I'm thinkin of wider pegs myself. I am 6 foot 4 1/2 inchs tall, big feet, and have slipped off the pegs a few times before. especially when I throw on my new wider boots.
My Vimeo => http://vimeo.com/user2606435/videos
msgtretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #22285
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,884
Quote:
thinking of another advriding and camping. sometime in july and august.

3 or 4 days. i could think of the sierras @ bass lakes and other high elevations.

been reading and studying the ca state parks map.

if you have been to some places or heard about it, let us know.

The NF campgrounds just outside of Mammoth looked very nice last year. I camped at the commercial campground just across the street. We launched from the NF campgrounds. There is a bunch of riding up there.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #22286
Jon F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I had a good half day today at Rowher. Got to the staging area at 8am to find only one other truck. It was cool and overcast when I arrived - perfect weather. Started the day with a challenge - I was going to take the Rowher Trail to the top.

Stopping on the way up for a picture. I just came up this lower section.

Kool-aid anyone?

Made it to the top in one piece.

I took a bunch of the offshoots near the top and then headed down towards the reservoir via the fire road. On the way back up - challenge time again. I took the center section of the 4x4 trail from where it intersects with the fire road.

This is as far as I got, but these two riders made it up no problem. The dude went up with his front tire in the air and his lady came up right behind him. I was impressed. The section just up from here was seriously steep.

So back to the fire road for me then all the way to the west along the ridge to where fence prevents you from going any further (this is just past the second concrete pad). Sure, I'll have another glass of Kool-aid, thanks!

From there I headed down Sierra Pelona to where it intersects with Bouquet. I didn't even realize there was another way to get in to Rowher from Bouquet. Here is the entrance.

And then back up Sierra Pelona to Rush Canyon and down towards the staging area. I took Mine trail to Texas trail and back to Staging Area 1. The plants are tall - handlebar height. It makes it pretty difficult to see if someone is coming the other way.

Here's the GPS track plotted.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #22287
Earl999
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
Here's a pic of the washed out area that was fixed on ACH.

There were 2 CHP bikes handing out tix like hot cakes today!
Attached Images

CR250R
Earl999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #22288
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
The NF campgrounds just outside of Mammoth looked very nice last year. I camped at the commercial campground just across the street. We launched from the NF campgrounds. There is a bunch of riding up there.

no doubt bob there's bountiful of campgrounds in that area. i'm saving all rides east of the sierras between wmrs and the ktm rally.

camping in walker pass will be a good alternate to mammoth camping on the wmrs weekend.

for jul and aug, a trip to the west side of the sierra is on order, even a ride along the coast line will be great and camp somewhere near nascimiento will be nice. with the 950, it seems the travel time between 2 points become shorter. and yes, i hate to see the big ktm sitting in the backyard....
Old 06-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #22289
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl999 View Post
Here's a pic of the washed out area that was fixed on ACH.

There were 2 CHP bikes handing out tix like hot cakes today!

nice day to be riding......i mean safely. ach has one of the most fatal crashes in the nation.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #22290
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F View Post
I had a good half day today at Rowher. Got to the staging area at 8am to find only one other truck. It was cool and overcast when I arrived - perfect weather. Started the day with a challenge - I was going to take the Rowher Trail to the top.

Stopping on the way up for a picture. I just came up this lower section.

Kool-aid anyone?

Made it to the top in one piece.

I took a bunch of the offshoots near the top and then headed down towards the reservoir via the fire road. On the way back up - challenge time again. I took the center section of the 4x4 trail from where it intersects with the fire road.

This is as far as I got, but these two riders made it up no problem. The dude went up with his front tire in the air and his lady came up right behind him. I was impressed. The section just up from here was seriously steep.

So back to the fire road for me then all the way to the west along the ridge to where fence prevents you from going any further (this is just past the second concrete pad). Sure, I'll have another glass of Kool-aid, thanks!

From there I headed down Sierra Pelona to where it intersects with Bouquet. I didn't even realize there was another way to get in to Rowher from Bouquet. Here is the entrance.

And then back up Sierra Pelona to Rush Canyon and down towards the staging area. I took Mine trail to Texas trail and back to Staging Area 1. The plants are tall - handlebar height. It makes it pretty difficult to see if someone is coming the other way.

Here's the GPS track plotted.

awesome jon. you 530 gets you to lots of places that will be tough on our 640s. where the heck is everyone? we can hook up after i get back from the east coast. another month of cool weather please....