ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #23176
BiggieFalls
b00b

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
You big stud. Whats up Biggie. Do you still have the berg?
What's up Ben? Still working Saturdays? If by berg you mean my beat up, neglected Husky, yeah, I still have it. And I'll be riding it on bald knobbies tomorrow.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #23177
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG55 View Post
I rode West Camino last weekend, road is open. No boulders or locked gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls View Post
Is it open all the way from 154 to Refugio? No closed gate by the towers?

I will still only do from Refugio to the towers.

john surely meant from 154 to refugio. right john?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidRunner View Post
5N12 is best done on a trail bike, but rideable on an adventure bike. There will be a lot of pavement connecting the out and back fire roads. I'll be on my 510.
vic, looks like we can ride all the way to santa ynez since w.camino is now open.

sometime ago, someone posted a good deli shop in santa ynez, i don't know the name....

or you guys want to hang out at cold springs tavern...i have to put a bag over my head.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #23178
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

los olivos grocery is the name of the food joint on hw154

http://www.losolivosgrocery.com/

not sure if it is this one.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:28 AM   #23179
shuston
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
The El Rancho market is at the bottom of Refugio, where it meets the 246. Get to the stoplight and turn left and the parking lot is on the left. Good deli, and tables outside to eat on, I recommend the tri-tip. Fuel is to the right at the stoplight, just down the road a bit on your left.

The dirt section from the 154 to Refugio is easy. I have ridden it on my F800 almost every weekend recently.

Two weeks ago the road at W. Camino and Refugio was closed, really closed due to drainage construction. There was no way to get around it so I had to turn around and head back. Again, that was about two weeks ago. The project appeared to be well on its way to completion, so should be just fine now.

I live in SB, so if you guys have questions, just let me know.

Would love to ride, but wifes b-day weekend. (might be able to meet for coffee if you guys are still heading to Daily Grind, sounds like Summerland is the meet up spot though.)
shuston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #23180
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuston View Post
The El Rancho market is at the bottom of Refugio, where it meets the 246. Get to the stoplight and turn left and the parking lot is on the left. Good deli, and tables outside to eat on, I recommend the tri-tip. Fuel is to the right at the stoplight, just down the road a bit on your left.

The dirt section from the 154 to Refugio is easy. I have ridden it on my F800 almost every weekend recently.

Two weeks ago the road at W. Camino and Refugio was closed, really closed due to drainage construction. There was no way to get around it so I had to turn around and head back. Again, that was about two weeks ago. The project appeared to be well on its way to completion, so should be just fine now.

I live in SB, so if you guys have questions, just let me know.

Would love to ride, but wifes b-day weekend. (might be able to meet for coffee if you guys are still heading to Daily Grind, sounds like Summerland is the meet up spot though.)
that's the one shus! now i remember. awesome and thanks...

maybe we'll see you in the morning.

http://www.elranchomarket.com/

5 stars on all 8 reviews!....
Old 07-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #23181
nakedwaterskier
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
SB ride tomorrow Sat.

what are the meeting points? Summerland? Coffee place in SB? times?
nakedwaterskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #23182
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
I don't like wine.... Speshly wifff cheese
beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
Gents,

It looks like Santa Barbara is shaping up to be a small bike ride..

Question: Is 5Nf12 a single track? It seems to me I saw it while on the 950A and said to myself, "self, leave that for the little bike!"
It is East Camino Cielo and pavement ends at Romero Canyon. To continue on it takes going to an OHV area on down the north side of Romero. You can then get back to 5n12 that is a really big single track (was a road decades ago & a fire break basically now) and for most prolly not bike bike friendly.

ps: been here for 58 years as of yesterday and it took me a 1/2 hr to figer out what hell you were talking about.

One more thing there is a parking area just before Summerland at Padaro Ln ocean side of 101 that would/could be a good spot for those so inclined to truck up.

One more one more thing... what has been discussed so far really isn't big bike unfriendly but if'n you want to make it less comfortable bring on the little ones.

Treadless screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 02:04 PM
Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #23183
nakedwaterskier
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
ETA Summerland? ETA Santa Barbara Coffee Spot and address?
nakedwaterskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #23184
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadless View Post
One more thing there is a parking area just before Summerland at Padaro Ln ocean side of 101 that would/could be a good spot for those so inclined to truck up.

thank mike.

my initial thought is park the truck on greenwell and via real. drove by there many time and looks good but never checked it out. google earth shows it like a public parking for the little park fronting 101 and via real. if it is, that's great, if not for the public, i plan to drive over to padaro lane (mike's suggestion). it looks like that big empty lot on the left after crossing the rail road track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedwaterskier View Post
ETA Summerland? ETA Santa Barbara Coffee Spot and address?
we should be rolling out of summerland by 8:30 and meet vic and others at the gibraltar trail head before nine.

it is going to be a looooong day. summerland to el rancho market (refugion/mission) is about 55 miles. then another 20 miles of exploring, and the ride back to the truck (55 miles).

we should get gas after lunch.

who ever coming, please post up and no surprises.

those on big bikes, you can jstill enjoy the ride, ust do east and west camino if you're not comfortable of the other trails.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #23185
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
gibraltar trail head

the other trails.
Guess I'm gonna have to show up to see what these other "trails" are that you speak of that you think you can ride a motorcycle on. Or maybe you've got some connections and have some of those elusive magic keys. Or maybe you just know something that I don't know. I guess it could happen.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 PM   #23186
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Guess I'm gonna have to show up to see what these other "trails" are that you speak of that you think you can ride a motorcycle on. Or maybe you've got some connections and have some of those elusive magic keys. Or maybe you just know something that I don't know. I guess it could happen.
heck mike, you haven't sent your membership fee and expect correct info. it's a damned nOOb's ride, what else could go wrong?...

where have you been. should be on top of this thread, since you have the local knowledge... ok, i'll PM you next time weeks before.

i'm not really sure, imho. google earth, zooming in for a locked gate , and web search are our only resources, plus those who posted earlier.

mike, awesome you can make it. love to see the SE...

PPs, we meet near the sheffield reservoir before 9 at mountain dr and gibraltar. vic can confirm.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:14 PM   #23187
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls View Post
What's up Ben? Still working Saturdays? If by berg you mean my beat up, neglected Husky, yeah, I still have it. And I'll be riding it on bald knobbies tomorrow.

LOL, yesterday I got my first ever flat tire. And then a few hours later I got my second ever flat tire.

Went riding, didn't break nothin and it STILL cost me $300 damned dollars.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #23188
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post
LOL, yesterday I got my first ever flat tire. And then a few hours later I got my second ever flat tire.

Went riding, didn't break nothin and it STILL cost me $300 damned dollars.

traffic violation?...

can't believe your bad lucks are not over yet....
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #23189
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
where have you been. should be on top of this thread, since you have the local knowledge... ok, i'll PM you next time weeks before.
one of my spies brought me up to speed.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #23190
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
one of my spies brought me up to speed.

rats.....

paging "the mayor" so we can complete the cast.....