ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 PM   #23686
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool
 
tbarstow's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Viva Lost Wages!
Oddometer: 3,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post


so far only 1 incident, a native indian locked us up inside his "claimed" property......
Joel was hoping that Ranger Todd would lock us up. He was even offering himself as an "available asian virgin."
__________________
G650X side panel tank build
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #23687
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tex_downey's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: LA for now.
Oddometer: 468
joel are you getting the Garmin 62 series?
tex_downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM   #23688
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
Joel was hoping that Ranger Todd would lock us up. He was even offering himself as an "available asian virgin."




todd wasn't a bad looking dude you know, but you got me mixed up with duy,....





Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_downey View Post
joel are you getting the Garmin 62 series?

went to rei to pick up some camping essentials and came home with a montana 600....

yeah, a single man has his priorities screwed up. it could have been worse if got the the 650t...hehe.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #23689
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post



todd wasn't a bad looking dude you know, but you got me mixed up with duy,....








went to rei to pick up some camping essentials and came home with a montana 600....

yeah, a single man has his priorities screwed up. it could have been worse if got the the 650t...hehe.
Hold on to your 60 for a while, Joel.
Not going to say anything negative, just sayin'...
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #23690
sito
Where the Hell am I?
 
sito's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Glendora CA
Oddometer: 1,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
i may have exaggerated that a little bit.

distances between gas stations:

McD's (cajon-lake) arrowhead = ?

arrowhead to pionner town = ?

pioneertown to big bear = ?

big bear to McDs (cajon) = ?


answers later.
All can be done with a 150 mile range.
__________________
I'm a GPS Wizard follow me?
sito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:22 PM   #23691
El Zorrillo
charity case
 
El Zorrillo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: SJC, CA
Oddometer: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
Joel will land you in jail sooner or later.
or chased by angry indians
El Zorrillo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #23692
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
Hold on to your 60 for a while, Joel.
Not going to say anything negative, just sayin'...
i'm sure majority will say that the 60csx is the best and most reliable gps for dual sport riding, and certainly i agree.

it's my aging eyes telling me otherwise. can't read the screen anymore, and can't wear bifocals while riding....


Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zorrillo View Post
or chased by angry indians

damit tom, where where you when he reached for his pistol....ok, hiding behind jon....


Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post
All can be done with a 150 mile range.

how is that so, on my xr4, i barely made it to pioneertown, and we took the shortcut via hesperia.

danny's friend on the stock 530 exc almost out of gas when we reached big bear.

i think if we top off at running springs, we can make it to pt, then back to big bear for gas (before closing time). there's not really a gas station in pt, but about 5 miles toward johnson valley.

we've got skunked 2x in the last 2 years, ok sito, PT is your call......
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #23693
rruugger
formally rruugger
 
rruugger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: La Crescenta, Ca
Oddometer: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
it's yours john, plus i'll give you 2 hours of tutorial over breakfast (my treat).

j
Probably need some night classes too....slow learner.
__________________
LIFE IS 20% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 80% WHAT YOU DO ABOUT IT
rruugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #23694
rruugger
formally rruugger
 
rruugger's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: La Crescenta, Ca
Oddometer: 1,272
[QUOTE=h8chains;16742796]i'm sure majority will say that the 60csx is the best and most reliable gps for dual sport riding, and certainly i agree.

it's my aging eyes telling me otherwise. can't read the screen anymore, and can't wear bifocals while riding....



Wait-a-minute.........I have aging eyes too. Just want to use it when the Zumo leaves me guessing.
__________________
LIFE IS 20% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 80% WHAT YOU DO ABOUT IT
rruugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #23695
sito
Where the Hell am I?
 
sito's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Glendora CA
Oddometer: 1,528
how is that so, on my xr4, i barely made it to pioneertown, and we took the shortcut via hesperia.

danny's friend on the stock 530 exc almost out of gas when we reached big bear.

i think if we top off at running springs, we can make it to pt, then back to big bear for gas (before closing time). there's not really a gas station in pt, but about 5 miles toward johnson valley.

we've got skunked 2x in the last 2 years, ok sito, PT is your call......[/QUOTE]

We always fueled up in Big Bear. All my bikes have just about a 150 range and Hesperia is not a short cut Deep creek is.
__________________
I'm a GPS Wizard follow me?
sito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 PM   #23696
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito View Post

We always fueled up in Big Bear. All my bikes have just about a 150 range and Hesperia is not a short cut Deep creek is.
loner and madmax both on SE have to bailout at green valley since they were afraid they won't make it to big bear..

you must have an aux tank on your SE.

i agree, we need to get gas at big bear before heading down the hill.

lots of people want to join us (as always in the last 3 years). we just need to finalize the date. overnighter? then play early sunday morning at the pinnacles?
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:24 AM   #23697
BiggieFalls
b00b
 
BiggieFalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westminster
Oddometer: 949
The first Pioneertown ride I did was 82 miles from 15/138 McDonalds through Hesperia and Big Pine Flats to Pappy and Harriet's. It's another less than five miles to Yucca Valley for gas. 100 mile range is all you need. This ride stays North of all the mountain cities and Sito, Nowwhat, RSC E, Ben99r1, MrMike and myself all did this without stopping for gas along the way.

The last Pioneertown ride I did was 110 miles from 215/Palm through Silverwood, Arrowhead and Crab Flats to Pappy and Harriet's. Still another less than five miles to gas in Yucca Valley. I did this on my Husky with a stock tank without stopping for gas along the way. However, I got to the gas station on fumes as did Riddler990 and PJH66 on their SEs with auxiliary tanks.

If you send me the tracks for the ride you want to do, I can tell you exactly how many miles between locations.

FYI: Chances are that whatever GPS software you have on your computer will give you actual mileage of the tracks you have.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #23698
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
if my memory serve me correctly, the send was in the first part (Hesperia area) can big differences in gas consumption

this is from reading others RR


i'm willing to be @ end with probably 2gl extra
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #23699
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruugger View Post


Wait-a-minute.........I have aging eyes too. Just want to use it when the Zumo leaves me guessing.
zumo too big for your exc. it weighs down your front end and less wheelie....

you like the smiley don't you......



Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls View Post
The first Pioneertown ride I did was 82 miles from 15/138 McDonalds through Hesperia and Big Pine Flats to Pappy and Harriet's. It's another less than five miles to Yucca Valley for gas. 100 mile range is all you need. This ride stays North of all the mountain cities and Sito, Nowwhat, RSC E, Ben99r1, MrMike and myself all did this without stopping for gas along the way.

The last Pioneertown ride I did was 110 miles from 215/Palm through Silverwood, Arrowhead and Crab Flats to Pappy and Harriet's. Still another less than five miles to gas in Yucca Valley. I did this on my Husky with a stock tank without stopping for gas along the way. However, I got to the gas station on fumes as did Riddler990 and PJH66 on their SEs with auxiliary tanks.

If you send me the tracks for the ride you want to do, I can tell you exactly how many miles between locations.

FYI: Chances are that whatever GPS software you have on your computer will give you actual mileage of the tracks you have.

what eric says is true...he's one of the few gps geek on this thread. the rest use theirs as farkles, like dunerat and spafxer....


eric, i'll make a route and email them to you. thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
if my memory serve me correctly, the send was in the first part (Hesperia area) can big differences in gas consumption

this is from reading others RR


i'm willing to be @ end with probably 2gl extra
haha....now i know why tomer stopped riding with danny.....

i miss that sand wash....all noobs need to pass that test.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:10 AM   #23700
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post

what eric says is true...he's one of the few gps geek on this thread. the rest use theirs as farkles, like dunerat and spafxer....


eric, i'll make a route and email them to you. thanks.
i use my GPS also!

all the times i been to Haski was with the help of GPS
__________________
“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller (1880 – 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014