ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #24376
GK_The_German
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
i will be selling my 376 tomorrow at the flea market. any local inmate who wants it, PM me in the morning. only here, $ for everything you see. the street navigator is 2009, everything works. the touratech mount has missing mounting c-clamps, easy and cheap to find. shipping is extra.

Hi,

Did you sell the GPS?
GK_The_German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #24377
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK_The_German View Post
Hi,

Did you sell the GPS?

Someone put a dib on it but I won't be home this weekend for him to pick it up. Let's see what happens in the next several days.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #24378
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
tex, you fit in my boots...

true, except for those who wear a 11.5 sidi boots or 46 for euro size.....
well there a bit big

Quote:
so far, i only see 3 of us going to HU. let me know before 4pm if you want included in the breakfast/lunch deal. hate to see dannyG decided to be a dirt bike this weekend.
Ill be out there to, you guys are all getting old.

Quote:
i will have a cooler with drinks and food in the taj majal van (quoting foulplug).......
see what i mean.
tex_downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #24379
GK_The_German
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
Someone put a dib on it but I won't be home this weekend for him to pick it up. Let's see what happens in the next several days.
Let me know!
GK_The_German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #24380
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
haven't seen much in the ways of plans this weekend...

I'm going to do a long road ride up to Ojai with 2-3 other GSA guys tomorrow morning. ~7:30 am start. Begin somewhere in OC; not sure where yet. Back around 5-6pm
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #24381
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
haven't seen much in the ways of plans this weekend...

I'm going to do a long road ride up to Ojai with 2-3 other GSA guys tomorrow morning. ~7:30 am start. Begin somewhere in OC; not sure where yet. Back around 5-6pm
Some folks are at Kennedy Meadows, a few going to the Horizon's Unlimited thing
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #24382
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
well yeah, but aside from KM and HU, what's really going on, hmmmmm?
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:21 PM   #24383
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Yes. Vegas...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #24384
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Well, apparently I'm going to HU...... in fact I'm halfway there
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #24385
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,681
I'll be taking the brokeback beemer out for a breakfast/lunch run tomorrow.
Will be sticking to the mountains and coast.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #24386
johngil
Reseda, CA

Cold Springs Tavern is pretty hard to beat...

johngil screwed with this post 10-15-2011 at 05:06 PM
Old 10-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #24387
johngil
Reseda, CA

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 10/22/11 TRAIL APPRECIATION EVENT

Dear AMA D37 Sports
Two of the four registered volunteers have cancelled for our 10/22 Trail Appreciation Event next Saturday. We have not heard back yet from the other two, so we may be looking at no volunteers.
Everyone complains about losing trails, but Stewards has been able to keep them open, in part by formally adopting and agreeing to maintain trails since 2005. Stewards members need to continue to make good on that if they want the trails to stay open. Simple enough put up or loose trails.
While everyone would just prefer to enjoy the trails, the fact of the matter is the Forest Service lacks the manpower to maintain them all. So without our help many of the trails could be closed.
We need a few good people who want to put some love back in their trails. The 10/22 project will most likely be Dry Meadow Trail & Little Dry which are what some might say expert single track trail. We need to clean out the water bars we built last year and cut back brush to keep the trails open. Due to remote nature of the event this will be a dirt bike only project.
Please reply to this email if you would like to help or use this link to register now and help keep the trails you love open and in good condition.
Stewards has over 2000 members, but only about 1% step up to volunteer. It would be great if everyone would invest just one day a year into our proven Trail Appreciation volunteer program to help keep trails open. Many thanks to the few who are doing their part, but they cannot do it all. We need more to step up. Another possibility would be for Stewards to hire people to help maintain the trails so if you cannot volunteer please consider donating instead.
If you can't make the 10/22 event please see if you can help out on any of the other Stewards of the Sequoia Trail Appreciation Days and then Register for that date so we can contact you with the location. Come up and work to help the trails one day and then ride the next, a real Win-Win.
TRAIL APPRECIATION DAYS
10/22/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions
11/12/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions
12/3/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions
Those who Register will get a great lunch provided by Sierra Gateway Market. About one week prior to each event we will determine the project location based on weather and soil conditions. Those who register will receive staging information at that time.
Working on the trails is not only fun but rewarding. Stewards Trail Appreciation program has proven to be one of the best ways to help stop trail closure and also guarantees the Forest Service and BLM will look far more favorably at ways to work with us to keep trails open.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and be part of the solution
You can learn more at http://stewardsofthesequoia.org/events-schedule.html
Old 10-16-2011, 10:04 PM   #24388
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Yes. Vegas...

did this happen? pics?

SOS!

that's a worthy cause john. i may volunteer for the latter dates, but it looks the trails are single tracks and needing advanced skills to get there.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #24389
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 10/22/11 TRAIL APPRECIATION EVENT

Dear AMA D37 Sports
Two of the four registered volunteers have cancelled for our 10/22 Trail Appreciation Event next Saturday. We have not heard back yet from the other two, so we may be looking at no volunteers.
Everyone complains about losing trails, but Stewards has been able to keep them open, in part by formally adopting and agreeing to maintain trails since 2005. Stewards members need to continue to make good on that if they want the trails to stay open. Simple enough put up or loose trails.
>snip
You can learn more at http://stewardsofthesequoia.org/events-schedule.html
Thanks for posting this John.

I am one of the four volunteers signed up for the work days this fall and will have to cancel on this one due to family committments. There should be a lot more than a handful that are able and willing to pitch in and support Stewards of Sequoias.

Chris Horgan heads up SOS and is a great guy and a great guy to ride with. Some of you FF's would enjoy mountain riding on TST (tight single track) if you have the right bike. Work day on Saturday and recreate on Sunday. Riding in the Piutes is probably the best of offroading in the state. Go check it out, learn about how to be a trail manager, and help protect our right to enjoy our fantastic sport.

Visit the site, get plugged in, and be part of the solution!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #24390
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Thanks for posting this John.

I am one of the four volunteers signed up for the work days this fall and will have to cancel on this one due to family committments. There should be a lot more than a handful that are able and willing to pitch in and support Stewards of Sequoias.

Chris Horgan heads up SOS and is a great guy and a great guy to ride with. Some of you FF's would enjoy mountain riding on TST (tight single track) if you have the right bike. Work day on Saturday and recreate on Sunday. Riding in the Piutes is probably the best of offroading in the state. Go check it out, learn about how to be a trail manager, and help protect our right to enjoy our fantastic sport.

Visit the site, get plugged in, and be part of the solution!

You have to work to play. i would love to help but dont think the Dakar would make it. maybe ill find someone with a little trail 90 I can borrow for the week end. ill just tell them its for a good cause.
tex_downey is offline   Reply With Quote