ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #24436
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
I am not an expert on Netiquette, but I do respect JOEL's thread and his attempt to keep it formatted the way it is explained on page 1.

Lately it has become a little off topic. I guess links to other ride report pages works but what we have here in LA Weekend Ride (thanks to Joel) is much different than anything else on ADV. I can go at any time and find the Ride Reports that MY friends have done. If I want to see the world's day ride reports I can run over to that page.

Here it is: Page 1

L.A. Weekend Ride

EDITED FOR WEEKLY UPDATE

This thread is about dual sport riding in the Los Angeles area, including distant places where we can ride our bikes. The intention is to provide an opportunity for individuals to meet other riders, plan rides, talk about up coming events, post ride reports, and discuss bikes and related equipment......

It is our living journal....

Please visit the links below from our past rides and enjoy. And if you live elsewhere and planning on joining our rides, send me a pm or simply post your interest.

SO, JUST TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK THROUGH THE PLANNING CHAT TO FIND THE RIDE REPORTS. THE LINKS ARE ALL ON PAGE ONE

THANKS JOEL

OVER A MILLION AND A HALF VIEWERS CAN'T BE WRONG.

i agree with this spa. Joel, you stole the thunder for all of L.A.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #24437
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 468
Umm, im going to stay out of this. I just want to thank Joel for helping me out a lot since ive been here, and all you guys for letting me tag alone. I love it out here. You guys really have a great thing going for you all out here.

but is anyone wanting to do a ride this weekend? maybe a lunch / breakfast ride. road/dirt I dont really care im just not going to site in the smog down here.

I could even be up for some camping if some one has a bit of free time and wants to go some where.

I hope no one thinks i trying to change the topic.
tex_downey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #24438
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,736
THANKS for all the comments and suggestions. all positive!

right now here's my dilemma.

1. the tread will go stale for several days or weeks, and not too many bites. anyone is welcome to organize or plan a ride. ask questions, post community services, talk about future riding, share your riding stories.

2. then, the moment i start a ride report, it seems it comes to life. i always appreciate people making comments and thanking me; i get energy from them. my rr is not meant to put me on a pedestal but simply to tell people that there are good riding out there and they can have fun. it is more like a propaganda for people to come out and ride.

3. then there's a group of guys who wonders from 1 thread to another, looking for a place to shit and puke. yeah it's fun reading your post, but sometimes it just at the wrong moment. i guess, there's no correct timing for bs.

4. not sure if it's a noob thing or just bad timing.....people will post a back issue or off topics in the middle of a ride report. i am sensitive to that, when i go to a meeting or presentation, first check out the atmosphere, get acclimated, stay on the subject, make contribution, then patiently wait for a queu to bring something different but still related. off topic is a separate subject and should be in a separate forum or by means of a PM. true, different strokes for different folks.

5. people tell me that my RR is open ended and they don't know exactly when they can post BS. so they post thinking i'm finished. the answer is you don't post BS. what is it about the RR you don't want and prefer to post your BS?

6. i love to post the RR in a forum that will be more appreciated. love to share it to others outside the west region. where it is now, it feels unappreciated and people taking me for granted to entertain them. will leave it her for now.

7. my issue with the day trippin forum, there will be lots of questions and inquiry. the rr alone is eating me up, and not to respond to people, it is rude and don't what anyone left hanging.

8. people have to realize what it takes to make a ride report. buy cameras, bring and carry additional weight, always on a look out for interesting pics, risk yourself getting hurt, crashing the bike or destroying the camera (i already lost 3), edit, upload, and then share by writing a RR. but no matter what it will remain unappreciated or people quiet about it. i'm doing all this because i enjoy it, i wanted to become a national geographic photographer (LOL) when i was a kid.

9. so, i'm here not keep everyone's cup full. i did my job if those RR allow lost individuals who have no one to ride with or disdained by others because they are not worthy riders to be able to find a community that will embrace them.

10. it's what you give not what you get that matters.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #24439
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Joel keep up with your RR, don't take it personally... some of FF's are young and don't have proper behavior
Old 10-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #24440
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
THANKS for all the comments and suggestions. all positive!

9. so, i'm here not keep everyone's cup full. i did my job if those RR allow lost individuals who have no one to ride with or disdained by others because they are not worthy riders to be able to find a community that will embrace them.
Like i said, you guys have a great thing going on.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #24441
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
Joel keep up with your RR, don't take it personally... some of FF's are young and don't have proper behavior
Yes, this comes for you TEX, and anyone who is younger than me...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #24442
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,265
Don't post much myself and I'm sure I've been guilty of bad timing or off topic in the past, but try to keep it in check. If Joel didn't post RR's here... not sure I'd be back much. I knew Joel was going to Cambria this past weekend and looked forward to the RR, also realize it's lot of work. If you read instead of just look'n at the pic's your timing is bound to get better. Just hate when there' more bickering than a Republican debate.

Great job Joel. Cambria is Beeeautiful !
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #24443
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Yes, this comes for you TEX, and anyone who is younger than me...

Sorry any comment i made was tounge in cheek, some times its hard to tell if people are serious or not. any thing i said was all in good taste, and fun.

And i started typing my last comment before Dannys popped up.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #24444
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_downey View Post
Sorry any comment i made was tounge in cheek, some times its hard to tell if people are serious or not. any thing i said was all in good taste, and fun.
I was kidding dude...
I have no doubt that you have no intention to sabotage Joel's RR. Which BTW, was great as usual. Nice place, nice people, nice pictures and an other classic Joel RR...
And, you are one of a few who is still younger than me that I can pick on...
Joel, why dont we plan a camping trip to that place. It looks amazing from the pictures.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:48 PM   #24445
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Joel, why dont we plan a camping trip to that place. It looks amazing from the pictures.

awesome place to camp and it is a private property, if the group is big enough, maybe we can afford to rent it.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #24446
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
awesome place to camp and it is a private property, if the group is big enough, maybe we can afford to rent it.
Morro Bay SP is in the area.... it will be nice to take the GS
Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #24447
tex_downey
Gnarly Adventurer

Joel do you know who ran it?

I used to work at a camp like that for years and was just wondering what you knew.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #24448
MNCherryinCA
KTM Noob

Oddometer: 577
Thumb nOOB back in the saddle

Hey All,
Got the bike back from trailtricks all setup with suspension, cush hub, etc. Looking fwd to some riding...Going to San Diego this Saturday with Intrepidrunner to take a novice dirt bike skills course so I don't ride out of control and hopefully prevent some falls. I'll be back to riding fire roads and easy trails soon. Looking fwd to joining in some LA Weekend Rides soon!
Bob
MNCherryinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 PM   #24449
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
Morro Bay SP is in the area.... it will be nice to take the GS

danny, that's a very nice one too....good luck getting a spot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex_downey View Post
Joel do you know who ran it?

I used to work at a camp like that for years and was just wondering what you knew.

http://campoceanpines.org/

t, the website says "facility rental", i can imagine because of the location, this is going to be pricey. maybe not too bad if we spread it out to 200 riders, LOL there.

i think the only place that isl nice, relatively near the cost, and still close enough is carrizo plains. it's free and lots of dirt riding. if you guys want to do a camp and ride, we have to do it soon while still a little warm. good for tex, since he will be back in iowa next jan when we do the annual ride.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #24450
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNCherryinCA View Post
Hey All,
Got the bike back from trailtricks all setup with suspension, cush hub, etc. Looking fwd to some riding...Going to San Diego this Saturday with Intrepidrunner to take a novice dirt bike skills course so I don't ride out of control and hopefully prevent some falls. I'll be back to riding fire roads and easy trails soon. Looking fwd to joining in some LA Weekend Rides soon!
Bob
Darn Bob, had I known it was your SXC that I saw up there, I would have flogger her last time I was at TT.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote