ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #28951
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 620
Is there any dual sport roads near Glendora Mountain Road? (GMR)? Anything up in the Angeles Crest? Hopefully a way to get there from glendora.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:19 PM   #28952
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
Tim, How was the weather this past weekend?
The weather was great! Cool enough to be geared up and it stayed warm after dark. Not too many more days of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer View Post
I'd be in for this too...... Road Triip !
I've got a 4 day weekend this weekend. Heading out sometime on Thursday, just haven't decided where yet. Was pondering the sandy beach and senioritas in San Felipe.
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:04 AM   #28953
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
Is there any dual sport roads near Glendora Mountain Road? (GMR)? Anything up in the Angeles Crest? Hopefully a way to get there from glendora.
No
Lots of really good stuff for mountain biking but nothing for anything with a motor in it
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #28954
Blueshark
Coastal Castaway

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Almost 300 miles on the K1200GT up Highway 33 to Reyes Creek (use to be called Scheideck) just off of Lockwood Valley Rd.

Started to get warm inland so headed over to Tepesquet Canyon on the 166, to Foxen Canyon. Stopped in a couple of the winery's. Did not taste or buy anything though.

Came back over 154 into Santa Barbara.
I was doing that route last Sunday but I could tell it was gonna be a bad karma ride. First a car I was passing in Ojai decided to make a no-signal left across my lane into a driveway - just managed to swerve around him with the hammer dropped. Then I ran into some guys at Ozena Ranger Stn on Harleys, one whom was recovering from a gravel crash out on Lockwood Valley Rd that destroyed his shifter. The second guy there had been passing a truck when THAT guy did a left turn in front of him, so he was rattled up too. By the time I got to Ventucopa, my right mirror had flown off the housing. I'm like - that's it, I'm turning around. Too much bad juju...just didn't feel right.

Usually I'm on the 33 and those roads almost every weekend. My canyon escape country.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #28955
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
I was doing that route last Sunday but I could tell it was gonna be a bad karma ride. First a car I was passing in Ojai decided to make a no-signal left across my lane into a driveway - just managed to swerve around him with the hammer dropped. Then I ran into some guys at Ozena Ranger Stn on Harleys, one whom was recovering from a gravel crash out on Lockwood Valley Rd that destroyed his shifter. The second guy there had been passing a truck when THAT guy did a left turn in front of him, so he was rattled up too. By the time I got to Ventucopa, my right mirror had flown off the housing. I'm like - that's it, I'm turning around. Too much bad juju...just didn't feel right.

Usually I'm on the 33 and those roads almost every weekend. My canyon escape country.

You musta missed this guy crossing your path !

Never a bad thing to listen to your Guardian Angel....

I actually took a peek at Ojai Hospital on the way up.. Usually I see bikes parked there later in the day, visiting the latest Highway 33 victim.

spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #28956
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Loop thru Carrizo Plain

Will keep that in mind for my upcoming weekend loop of Carrizo Plain. Taking NSFW and your advice.. coming in from Frazier Park -> Soda Lake Road -> 7 miles -> 58
Hope it get cooler.

[QUOTE=spafxer;19681217]You musta missed this guy crossing your path !

Never a bad thing to listen to your Guardian Angel....

I actually took a peek at Ojai Hospital on the way up.. Usually I see bikes parked there later in the day, visiting the latest Highway 33 victim.

headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #28957
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,530
Will keep that in mind for my upcoming weekend loop of Carrizo Plain. Taking NSFW and your advice.. coming in from Frazier Park -> Soda Lake Road -> 7 miles -> 58
Hope it gets cooler.

Which way on 58?
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #28958
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Day trip

58 E and find some place to eat, refuel and slab it home (>400 miles).
Quote:
Hope it gets cooler.

Which way on 58?
Old 09-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #28959
FZcruzer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Ventura area to San Luis Obispo (dirty)

Hello all,

Was going to start a new thread but thought this might work in here, I am meeting up with a group of people that I have been riding street with for years in SLO the 26-28 OCT. We meet up, ride the area but most of the time relax at one of the brewery's in the area,

Anyway, normally I take the street bike and ride 33 to the 58 out there but would like to take the 500 exc this year. I have been looking at maps and looks like I could ride 33 then take some dirt roads through the Las Padres National Forest.

Do you know if some of the main looking roads such as Sierra Madre Rd (32s13), Cable Corral Rd, Agua Escondido Rd (30502) and Avenales Ranch Rd. are open.

If you have other route ideas that would be great, if anybody wants to come along that is great too, big bike friendly lol.

Gas is going to be an issue for me and I do not want to be way out on the route and find a road that is closed.

Thanks for your help.
FZcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #28960
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by headstaller View Post
58 E and find some place to eat, refuel and slab it home (>400 miles).
chu, have a good one and enjoy the 800.

the 33 is always a treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZcruzer View Post
Hello all,

Was going to start a new thread but thought this might work in here, I am meeting up with a group of people that I have been riding street with for years in SLO the 26-28 OCT. We meet up, ride the area but most of the time relax at one of the brewery's in the area,

Anyway, normally I take the street bike and ride 33 to the 58 out there but would like to take the 500 exc this year. I have been looking at maps and looks like I could ride 33 then take some dirt roads through the Las Padres National Forest.

Do you know if some of the main looking roads such as Sierra Madre Rd (32s13), Cable Corral Rd, Agua Escondido Rd (30502) and Avenales Ranch Rd. are open.

If you have other route ideas that would be great, if anybody wants to come along that is great too, big bike friendly lol.

Gas is going to be an issue for me and I do not want to be way out on the route and find a road that is closed.

Thanks for your help.

not sure if there's a lot of dirt road or trails along the 33. that goes through to another major road. i haven't saw anyone posted a RR. before the big fire near cuyama, we were able to ride across all the way to the 101.

usfs should be able to give you the latest condition.

have fun out there.

p.s.

every year on january, we do the carrizo-pozo ride. the next one, thinking of 3 days of riding, lots of areas to see and enjoy.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #28961
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Weekend trip to San Felipe complete. After some front tire issues (that Metzeler Sahara 3 is headed to the trash now), I finally got to San Felipe on Saturday morning. You need to hit Baja when it's warm, put your toes in the warm water, and bikini watch.

I didn't take a lot of pics. The ones from the beach can't be posted here.

I did get a pic of my VIP parking:

Oh, and apparently US Border Patrol doesn't believe that anyone would ride to San Felipe for an overnight trip and not come back loaded down with tons of illegal shit. That was an hour in the heat that I'm not getting back.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #28962
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Murphy's Law

Got carried away... loose sand/dirt cut short my trip. Broken instrument panel and rear view mirrors, nursing bruised shoulder... But the scenery is awesome.

[QUOTE=NSFW;19706979]chu, have a good one and enjoy the 800.

the 33 is always a treat.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #28963
herrhelmet
A Serious Man

Oddometer: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarstow View Post
Weekend trip to San Felipe complete. After some front tire issues (that Metzeler Sahara 3 is headed to the trash now), I finally got to San Felipe on Saturday morning. You need to hit Baja when it's warm, put your toes in the warm water, and bikini watch.

I didn't take a lot of pics. The ones from the beach can't be posted here.

I did get a pic of my VIP parking:

Oh, and apparently US Border Patrol doesn't believe that anyone would ride to San Felipe for an overnight trip and not come back loaded down with tons of illegal shit. That was an hour in the heat that I'm not getting back.

Solo?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #28964
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrhelmet View Post
Solo?
Si senior.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #28965
browneye