ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2008, 06:28 AM   #2926
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2race
Was'nt me
me either I like water!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #2927
trid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Pissed Wheelwee

Saturday after we departed I stopped right before Angeles forest HWY and took my seat off. (never in a hurry to leave those hills) I pulled off the rest of the cardboard and tape over the air intake, Temple city power sports put on. They told me to take it off after a I put a pipe on... And behold a beast was unleashed...

trid screwed with this post 11-04-2008 at 11:43 AM
trid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #2928
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96
me either I like water!
did someone ever turned in that picture for front page material?

that's one moment impossible to capture again!

Today 11:03 AM
tridSaturday after we departed I stopped right before Angeles forest HWY and took my seat off. (never in a hurry to leave those hills) I pulled off the rest of the cardboard and tape over the air intake, Temple city power sports put on. They told me to take it off after a I put a pipe on... And behold a beast was unleashed...

that's amazing, more so, it would take less effort if you kept the original small gas tank!
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #2929
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
did someone ever turned in that picture for front page material?

that's one moment impossible to capture again!
Don't know. Riceless owns the copyrights . but if he makes any money off of it I'll sue

Don't even know how to submerge, um ...I mean submit front page suggestions.
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #2930
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,021
here's the pic of turin taken by riceless! definitely a front page material!

NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #2931
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:

Looks refreshing!
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:04 PM   #2932
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:

At least the front of my bike made it out of the water.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:13 PM   #2933
WzlTech
The fool on the hill

Oddometer: 479
There's a thread sticky (under the "Fluff" heading, just below "Jo momma", within "Ask Baldy, blame John™") for such nominations: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34180

"Front Page Photo Candidates

This thread is for folks to nominate photos for the Advrider front page. No guarantee that your nomination will make it, but there's a very good chance if it shows up in this thread."

Quote:

WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #2934
Enzo the Snit
Knows hawk from handsaw..

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Agree on many of your points.

However, on more than one occasion in the past, Laine was more than off-putting and borderline rude to myself and others that have attempted to ride along with his group.........before he started Earthriders.

The need to "make a buck" can change one's attitude.
Hi Rob;
Sorry you felt I was rude to you - I can't imagine when that was - Looks from my records like you signed on for one ride in April of '07, but weren't able to make it - so I don't think we ever met. Other than that I have one email query from you about when the next ride would be, and one email with a link to one of your YouTube videos and an offer from you to help me set up a ride in the Mojave area. Can't find or remember any reason I might have wanted to mistreat you, let alone imagine why I would have done so, either way.

I was rude to one rider last spring (on a Mojave ride, coincidentally). I apologized a few minutes later. He still comes on rides. It sticks in my mind because it's the only time I can think of that that has happened -- I basically never meet people in this sport who inspire ill feelings. What has amazed me most about dual sport is how many, many, many people I meet who are really great to be around. I am a huge fan of the activity in large part because of the quality of the people involved in it. No other activity I engage in, whether as a participant, guide, instructor -- or as an employee! -- has such a high percentage of good and inspiring people.

It looks like I am still sending you email alerts. I imagine you'd rather I didn't; I'll take you off the email list.

Have a better one,
Enzo

P.S. Would you be willing to let me know who the others are? I'd like the opportunity to express my regrets to them as well.
1974 "Boss-Man" skateboard with clay wheels
EarthRider - Adventure Moto Guiding & Instruction
Enzo the Snit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #2935
casurf
Take the High Side

Oddometer: 1
Thumb Lucky 1200GSA Rider

Without a doubt I am one lucky guy. I took the high side berm on that corner and unfortunately there were two big rocks at the bottom. As I hit one of the rocks it forced me to take the bike off the road. From the road, to where the bike is in the brush, is how far I jumped. No tire tracks could be found. It was quite the flight! As I came off the bike all I could think was, Tuck and Roll and get the hell away from my bike. After the arduous task of getting my heavy ass bike back up the hill, the scooter started right up and with a few tweaks and a couple of zip ties I was back in the saddle. I wish to say THANKS to all those who helped me out. I greatly appreciate it!! For those of you looking for a great group to ride with Earthriders (http://earthrider-amgi.blogspot.com/) always creates a spectacular ride. Thanks again to everyone! Oh, and thanks to the bush that broke my fall! See you guys on the trail.
casurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #2936
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by casurf
Without a doubt I am one lucky guy. I took the high side berm on that corner and unfortunately there were two big rocks at the bottom. As I hit one of the rocks it forced me to take the bike off the road. From the road, to where the bike is in the brush, is how far I jumped. No tire tracks could be found. It was quite the flight! As I came off the bike all I could think was, Tuck and Roll and get the hell away from my bike. After the arduous task of getting my heavy ass bike back up the hill, the scooter started right up and with a few tweaks and a couple of zip ties I was back in the saddle. I wish to say THANKS to all those who helped me out. I greatly appreciate it!! For those of you looking for a great group to ride with Earthriders (http://earthrider-amgi.blogspot.com/) always creates a spectacular ride. Thanks again to everyone! Oh, and thanks to the bush that broke my fall! See you guys on the trail.
I was nearly in your shoes the weekend before. Noob rider + rock outcrop midtrail = "There's a cliff coming at me BAIL BAIL BAIL!"

I let go of the bike and dived. I landed in the bushes just before the edge with the bike landing on my leg. Somehow I pulled it over on me. I don't know...I'm a noob.

So yeah, I get some of your fright. Glad you came out of it in one piece.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #2937
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo the Snit
Hi Rob;
Sorry you felt I was rude to you - I can't imagine when that was - Looks from my records like you signed on for one ride in April of '07, but weren't able to make it - so I don't think we ever met. Other than that I have one email query from you about when the next ride would be, and one email with a link to one of your YouTube videos and an offer from you to help me set up a ride in the Mojave area. Can't find or remember any reason I might have wanted to mistreat you, let alone imagine why I would have done so, either way.

I was rude to one rider last spring (on a Mojave ride, coincidentally). I apologized a few minutes later. He still comes on rides. It sticks in my mind because it's the only time I can think of that that has happened -- I basically never meet people in this sport who inspire ill feelings. What has amazed me most about dual sport is how many, many, many people I meet who are really great to be around. I am a huge fan of the activity in large part because of the quality of the people involved in it. No other activity I engage in, whether as a participant, guide, instructor -- or as an employee! -- has such a high percentage of good and inspiring people.

It looks like I am still sending you email alerts. I imagine you'd rather I didn't; I'll take you off the email list.

Have a better one,
Enzo

P.S. Would you be willing to let me know who the others are? I'd like the opportunity to express my regrets to them as well.
Laine, Don't get your feelings hurt. I try myself to be a likeable guy, but only if it's not at someone elses expense. However, this is not always possible. In the interest of not boring everyone with the nuances of obviously different personalities, we will not use this forum for self affirmations.

If you would like to discuss further, feel free to call me at your leisure. Let me know and I'll PM you with my number.

I will forward your requests to the other people (2) and if they have an interest in discussing this with you, they'll let you know. No need for this info here as they do not post here, but frequent other blogs.

Lastly, I probably chose the wrong place and time to air my opinions in regards to you. For that I apologize to the users of this forum and to you.

Ride On!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #2938
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
who knew that notmybikemodelyearandguessmyweightafteraallnighter couldbesoeloquentandpoliticlycorrect myhelmets off to ya and my cups tipped brother
bouncing billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #2939
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
Gents! Looks like I missed the Saturday fun. I took the GS up there Sunday, though and had a great time. Quite a few DS folks up there but nobody stopped. Just got back from New Mexico where I rented a KLR for 2 days and had a great time! Endless dirt, desert to forest, I'll give you a rundown of locations and will do a ride report if I can get my lazy butt in gear!
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #2940
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncing billy
who knew that notmybikemodelyearandguessmyweightafteraallnighter couldbesoeloquentandpoliticlycorrect myhelmets off to ya and my cups tipped brother
Oh quit it...You're making me blush!

Hey, when are we drinking, I mean riding again.