ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #29476
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
Toast, without a doubt.
Good, but not this good. The best SE rider I've ever seen is Scott Bright, rides one like a 250! He just came back from riding the ISDE. As good as Toast is, he's not this good. Sorry, not even close. No disrespect, just not at this level.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #29477
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,704
I've ridden with Paul Krause working on a h&h course when he was on his SE.

It's just not right.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #29478
El Zorrillo
charity case
 
El Zorrillo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: SJC, CA
Oddometer: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Good, but not this good. The best SE rider I've ever seen is Scott Bright, rides one like a 250! He just came back from riding the ISDE. As good as Toast is, he's not this good. Sorry, not even close. No disrespect, just not at this level.
if toast and nowwhat were just a little better at jumping their SE's, then yes, they'd wreck this dude. no disrespect.
El Zorrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #29479
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
I've ridden with Paul Krause working on a h&h course when he was on his SE.

It's just not right.
Maybe so, but I've ridden with Toast and seen him ride elsewhere , Ive also witnessed Scott's riding. There's no contest, not even close and although Scott would not do what's in the video, he would be hard pressed to match that level for that period of time on that course on a 950 SE.

Some good SE riders here could possibly ride close to that level, but not at that speed in that terrain for that length of time. Don't forget about all of the edits in the video.

Take away the fact that he scares the shit out of a lot of unsuspecting riders, he handles that pig like a small bike, Nuff said!
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #29480
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zorrillo View Post
if toast and nowwhat were just a little better at jumping their SE's, then yes, they'd wreck this dude. no disrespect.
Your perspective is stunted I believe. They're both good, but I've seen and ridden with Very good. I like both of them and like riding with both of them and hopefully wil again, but you're clearly wrong.. Sorry and once again, no disrespect.

And seriously, that's not either Toasts or Mike's riding style or terrain. I think they'll admit that. They are desert guys, not woods riders.

notmybikemodelname screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 08:42 PM
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #29481
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,704
I've only ridden with a couple of world class riders. Obviously it was for a very brief amount of time...
I've ridden most of my life, but these guys could saw off their big toe and it would put me to shame.

A truly great rider could shame most anyone riding an old Honda Scrambler.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #29482
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
I've only ridden with a couple of world class riders. Obviously it was for a very brief amount of time...
I've ridden most of my life, but these guys could saw off their big toe and it would put me to shame.

A truly great rider could shame most anyone riding an old Honda Scrambler.
Here, here. Agreed.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #29483
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,567
Wait... you mean riding skill is important too? I thought I just needed to own a cool bike, now you tell me I also have to know how to ride it?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #29484
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Wait... you mean riding skill is important too? I thought I just needed to own a cool bike, now you tell me I also have to know how to ride it?
Optional and costs extra.
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #29485
El Zorrillo
charity case
 
El Zorrillo's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: SJC, CA
Oddometer: 750
OK, i give up.
El Zorrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #29486
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zorrillo View Post
OK, i give up.

check your ears if you still have them......

i'm getting some good sleep.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #29487
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
Maybe so, but I've ridden with Toast and seen him ride elsewhere , Ive also witnessed Scott's riding. There's no contest, not even close and although Scott would not do what's in the video, he would be hard pressed to match that level for that period of time on that course on a 950 SE.

Some good SE riders here could possibly ride close to that level, but not at that speed in that terrain for that length of time. Don't forget about all of the edits in the video.

Take away the fact that he scares the shit out of a lot of unsuspecting riders, he handles that pig like a small bike, Nuff said!
I can attest to Scott's riding ability, Dude is an animal.
We compared GPS`s after day 1 at the Kings, mine said a respectful 98mph top speed ( remember my poor 530 has to haul around my 285 pound fat ass) his was an eye popping 122!!!! Freaking insane!
Like I said the dude on the 950 was a good rider, But he could have passed those riders on just about any bike.
And I dont think he was going as fast as you guys think.

Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #29488
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil View Post
I've only ridden with a couple of world class riders. Obviously it was for a very brief amount of time...
I've ridden most of my life, but these guys could saw off their big toe and it would put me to shame.

A truly great rider could shame most anyone riding an old Honda Scrambler.
+1

Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #29489
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer
 
mxbundy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Hemet Ca.
Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
That's just his way of sayin he want and se too

You having fun with that gs bundy
You wont see me lining up at a race on it, thats for sure. Hey I got it mainly because it was cheap, and the Miss's loves riding on the back!

Bundy
__________________
The 80`s..........ah yes...back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #29490
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
I can attest to Scott's riding ability, Dude is an animal.
We compared GPS`s after day 1 at the Kings, mine said a respectful 98mph top speed ( remember my poor 530 has to haul around my 285 pound fat ass) his was an eye popping 122!!!! Freaking insane!
Like I said the dude on the 950 was a good rider, But he could have passed those riders on just about any bike.
And I dont think he was going as fast as you guys think.

Bundy
Lendon, it was your 285lb fat ass that ended up being the overall King in the end though. I remember that at every checkpoint Scott would come through on his 950 and then within seconds or at the most a few minutes you would blow through on the 530 (poor little 530). Scott was always asking how close you were on the last checkpoint.

Would've been very interesting to see how things wouldve shaped up had you and Scott both been on the same bike. maybe we'll see that someday...

You are without a doubt the best HH and Enduro woods rider who has weighed in here. So I think your input carries the most weight.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014