ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #2941
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by casurf
Without a doubt I am one lucky guy. I took the high side berm on that corner and unfortunately there were two big rocks at the bottom. As I hit one of the rocks it forced me to take the bike off the road. From the road, to where the bike is in the brush, is how far I jumped. No tire tracks could be found. It was quite the flight! As I came off the bike all I could think was, Tuck and Roll and get the hell away from my bike. After the arduous task of getting my heavy ass bike back up the hill, the scooter started right up and with a few tweaks and a couple of zip ties I was back in the saddle. I wish to say THANKS to all those who helped me out. I greatly appreciate it!! For those of you looking for a great group to ride with Earthriders (http://earthrider-amgi.blogspot.com/) always creates a spectacular ride. Thanks again to everyone! Oh, and thanks to the bush that broke my fall! See you guys on the trail.

That was an amazing crash to walk away from!!! Glad that you are O.K. and welcome to ADV.
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:37 PM   #2942
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,277
If you guys start to hug and kiss...I'm out-a-here
Old 11-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #2943
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
Well boys and girls I am riding tomorrow, but hitting the streets........, the 'streets of willow' that is, with my Ducati at Reg Pridmores CLASS. If there are any last minute takers last time I checked there were still spots open.

He is cutting back on events since last year and is semi-retiring so you may want to get in while you can.

AS for dirting it with you FF's, my Saturdays are still booked and Sundays are the only day for the family so I may start doing some mid week riding. It will be short notice but I will post here if anyone is interested!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #2944
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96
Well boys and girls I am riding tomorrow, but hitting the streets........, the 'streets of willow' that is, with my Ducati at Reg Pridmores CLASS. If there are any last minute takers last time I checked there were still spots open.

He is cutting back on events since last year and is semi-retiring so you may want to get in while you can.

AS for dirting it with you FF's, my Saturdays are still booked and Sundays are the only day for the family so I may start doing some mid week riding. It will be short notice but I will post here if anyone is interested!
dude, if my Duc was 100% i would be IN, but i'll look forward to that maybe next spring/summer.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #2945
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

L.A. - Barstow - Vegas

BTW,
is there any local L.A. FF's going to L.A. - Barstow - Vegas ? ? ?

a few folks have dropped out and i am doing this and would like to have someone i know/kind of know ride with me and iron out the details...motel room, slab back/ truck bikes back, etc.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:23 AM   #2946
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by casurf
Without a doubt I am one lucky guy. I took the high side berm on that corner and unfortunately there were two big rocks at the bottom. As I hit one of the rocks it forced me to take the bike off the road. From the road, to where the bike is in the brush, is how far I jumped. No tire tracks could be found. It was quite the flight! As I came off the bike all I could think was, Tuck and Roll and get the hell away from my bike. After the arduous task of getting my heavy ass bike back up the hill, the scooter started right up and with a few tweaks and a couple of zip ties I was back in the saddle. I wish to say THANKS to all those who helped me out. I greatly appreciate it!! For those of you looking for a great group to ride with Earthriders (http://earthrider-amgi.blogspot.com/) always creates a spectacular ride. Thanks again to everyone! Oh, and thanks to the bush that broke my fall! See you guys on the trail.
casurf, when i saw you and your gsa, i said to myself you're one lucky guy! happy to see you not hurt and glad to be there to help. the crew that day did an excellent job helping out and the teamwork was commendable. our group does the same thing too, we never leave anyone behind and i'm proud of them.

hope to see you sometime on the road or the trail. i ride a gs on occasions and would like to hook up with other big bikes.

Yesterday 07:16 PM
Artboy57Gents! Looks like I missed the Saturday fun. I took the GS up there Sunday, though and had a great time. Quite a few DS folks up there but nobody stopped. Just got back from New Mexico where I rented a KLR for 2 days and had a great time! Endless dirt, desert to forest, I'll give you a rundown of locations and will do a ride report if I can get my lazy butt in gear!

ride reports and pix get everyone excited... chris, good to see you're back!

next ride will be sawmill/liebre/old ridge route...that is before the snows come down hard in the higher elevations.

Yesterday 09:37 PM
rruuggerIf you guys start to hug and kiss...I'm out-a-here

john, that's way too funny......

Yesterday 06:04 PM
bouncing billywho knew that notmybikemodelyearandguessmyweightafteraallnighter couldbesoeloquentandpoliticlycorrect myhelmets off to ya and my cups tipped brother

hey bb , don't you even take a pause.... , here's to save you some key strokes....nmbmn is good enough

thanks nmbmn for moving all the off line

Today 06:10 AM
grinder96Well boys and girls I am riding tomorrow, but hitting the streets........, the 'streets of willow' that is, with my Ducati at Reg Pridmores CLASS. If there are any last minute takers last time I checked there were still spots open.

i've done button willow but never willow springs....turin have fun and be safe....wait a minute, your duc is a touring bike????????? i gues if it's red, it just fast enough as the rest. post some pics..... and make us
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #2947
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains

i've done button willow but never willow springs....turin have fun and be safe....wait a minute, your duc is a SPORT touring bike????????? i gues if it's red, it just fast enough as the rest. post some pics..... and make us

corrected !

don't forget his bike is the way they went when Ducati redesigned the SuperSport to be more aggressive in 99 and they needed to keep the same ergonomics that the older SuperSport(like mine which is a 1992 900SS).
it's a tad bit heavier than my SS but has a 916 superbike motor.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 PM   #2948
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
To correct the last two post my is the matt grey and has the 996 superbike engine. With bags on everyone thinks klunky tourer, but that engine is awsome and can loft the front with ease!!!

grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #2949
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
Sweet bike Turin!

Go smoke those knee pucks!!!
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #2950
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96
To correct the last two post my is the matt grey and has the 996 superbike engine. With bags on everyone thinks klunky tourer, but that engine is awsome and can loft the front with ease!!!

hahahahahah thats funny because i originally posted it as a 996, but went right back and edited it cuz i thought that was the last year of the 916 motor.

have fun either way.

i would love to get my hands on your model.

i would ride and ride and ride and never come home!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #2951
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
i always wanted a duc, i even bought a dainese duc leather pants (still brand new) thinking i will get a duck one day but ended up liking the goose.

NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #2952
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR
BTW,
is there any local L.A. FF's going to L.A. - Barstow - Vegas ? ? ?

a few folks have dropped out and i am doing this and would like to have someone i know/kind of know ride with me and iron out the details...motel room, slab back/ truck bikes back, etc.
Make sure you take lots of bailing wire and pliers!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #2953
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,003
Sat 11/8

Anyone riding this Sat 11/8? If you are post up some details. I can ride till 12 noon then I have to go to work. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #2954
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,310
Eh?

hmmm so ducati twins are ok on this forum?have fun in DV boys, ill be on a capital murder trial so i wont be ridin out with ROB this weekend .looks like Mexico will be my next trip
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #2955
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfpunk
Make sure you take lots of bailing wire and pliers!

haha yeah you know i will!!!