ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #30751
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zorrillo View Post
Now that Easter is over, anyone interested in this ride?

http://www.cppenguinsmc.com/

See you this weekend
planning on doing this ride with catalina38 on our small bikes, have heard this is a great time.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #30752
Kendrick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
Man that looks like fun, except maybe the teeter totter!
Wee!!!

fun ride, on a small bike, i brought my SE in '11 & '12 (really only because i rode up there and back and didn't want to buzz the 525 down the freeway that far), not real big bike friendly....i'm a glutton for punishment. that's me on the hillclimb at the 9:30 mark.
Kendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #30753
Damado
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
planning on doing this ride with catalina38 on our small bikes, have heard this is a great time.

I'm considering doing this. Would this be considered an expert ride? Hill climbs don't look that bad on the video.

Are you guys going early or spending the night in SLO?
Damado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #30754
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damado View Post
I'm considering doing this. Would this be considered an expert ride? Hill climbs don't look that bad on the video.

Are you guys going early or spending the night in SLO?
I would say the "easy" routes are noob friendly (if you are on a sub-350lb bike) and the "hard" routes are intermediate friendly with a few optional hero sections. Bump each of those difficulty ratings up a notch (or two) if you're on a "big" bike. I personally wouldn't have much trouble riding a street bike through the easy routes, but this is my local stompin' grounds. If anybody is really struggling when sweep (me) comes through, I can either ride your scoot through (assuming it's just one obstacle/ short section) or redirect you to an easier route. There are two sweep riders for each route and both routes regularly cross, so if you decide the hard route is a bit much it shouldn't be too difficult to get back on the easy route. Watcha ridin?
Old 04-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #30755
Damado
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
I would say the "easy" routes are noob friendly (if you are on a sub-350lb bike) and the "hard" routes are intermediate friendly with a few optional hero sections. Bump each of those difficulty ratings up a notch (or two) if you're on a "big" bike. I personally wouldn't have much trouble riding a street bike through the easy routes, but this is my local stompin' grounds. If anybody is really struggling when sweep (me) comes through, I can either ride your scoot through (assuming it's just one obstacle/ short section) or redirect you to an easier route. There are two sweep riders for each route and both routes regularly cross, so if you decide the hard route is a bit much it shouldn't be too difficult to get back on the easy route. Watcha ridin?

Thanks for the input. I'm kind of sold on the ride now.

I'm riding a husaberg fe570.
Damado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #30756
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,961
'09 450EXC...I'm still considering this solo.
Pismo motels aren't that far away, yes?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 AM   #30757
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
'09 450EXC...I'm still considering this solo.
Pismo motels aren't that far away, yes?
The nice thing about organized events is that you're never really "solo." Pismo is about 15 minutes away.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #30758
Fishyhead
Eremikophobic

Oddometer: 3,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post

we plan to start from 7-11 to rowher - bouequet- rogue ridge - san francisquito - lake elizabeth - poppy preserve - powerline rd - l.a. aquaduct - techachapi - caliente bodfish - breckenridge - lake isabella - WARPED
I'll try to make it up on the 250 and ride with you guys to the poppy reserve then head home.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:08 PM   #30759
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oddometer: 162
Ill be coming too. What time will we be leaving? And I dont know where 7-11 is.
jlemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #30760
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post

One of the best riding and food. Not too often people can ride in private ranches.

2010.....http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...18376&page=908
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #30761
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlemond View Post
Ill be coming too. What time will we be leaving? And I dont know where 7-11 is.
Meet 7:30 am, should start rolling by 8.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/7-eleven-sylmar-2

Off the 210 exit osborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead View Post
I'll try to make it up on the 250 and ride with you guys to the poppy reserve then head home.

Duy that will be great. Havent seen you for a long time. Congrats on the new scoot. I think 3 of you will do poppys and turn around.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:22 PM   #30762
jlemond
King of No0bs

Oh I know where that is. Its 3 exits from my house and right across the street from the town home I got out bid on. Ill be there by 7:45 Saturday morning. Ill be one of the poppy guys. See you all there.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:48 PM   #30763
jlemond
King of No0bs

As I am trying to talk my buddy with a tw200 into coming, how fast is this ride? He dosnt like how the tw rides over 50mph or at 50 for more than 10 minutes at a time. It gets very vib-ey
and dosnt like to ride that fast for too long.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #30764
Rustler
Happy Camper

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
yeah, pretty much lost hope to see them get opened again. it was our backyard. met a lot of nice people on the l.a. weekend rides.
Hey Joel, it's Russell (tall guy). Haven't seen any of the AdvRiders in awhile. Gave my clapped out KLR to my cousin in Utah. His driveway is on the Burr Trail. Sold my XRR to Rod Struiksma, who runs a children's orphanage in San Vicente, Baja. Got a great deal on a 97 XRL with low miles from a guy in Flagstaff.

A few months ago (same day Paul Walker got killed) I was riding down Los Feliz Blvd after a hike in Griffith Park going to Glendale (Walker and myself hometown weird irony). Was doing about 35 mph between parking lane and traffic (jammed). A girl threw open the door of her Hyundai without looking. The right foot peg caught the leading edge of the door. Levered me into a RTD bus stuck in traffic. My helmet caught the mirror of the bus and really slowed me and the bike down. Ended up landing on top of it with hardly a scratch. I call it a miracle.

Anyway, bike all bent up. Insurance company said it was my fault (figure that one out). Since I didn't get hurt none of the ambulance chasing lawyers were interested in working with me to see if I could get some cash for the damages. Getting ready to fix it when the car went out. So bought a car instead of fixing bike. Now moving out to Woodland Hills because I got a job in Westlake. Looks like sometime this summer I will have time and money to put the XRL back together (Needs some valve sleeves, tank, bars, and triple clamp). Then I'll try to meet up with you guys again and do some dual-sporting. Ride safe and watch out for those car doors.

Rustler screwed with this post 04-23-2014 at 12:08 AM
Rustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:18 AM   #30765
spawn_x
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustler View Post
A few months ago (same day Paul Walker got killed) I was riding down Los Feliz Blvd after a hike in Griffith Park going to Glendale (Walker and myself hometown weird irony). Was doing about 35 mph between parking lane and traffic (jammed). A girl threw open the door of her Hyundai without looking. The right foot peg caught the leading edge of the door. Levered me into a RTD bus stuck in traffic. My helmet caught the mirror of the bus and really slowed me and the bike down. Ended up landing on top of it with hardly a scratch. I call it a miracle.
you live in Glendale? What do you ride?