ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #3631
SergX
Back on the Saddle

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Just takes one of these no driving ass whipes to kill a rider....
We were afraid that might have been the case! But no motorcycle involved.

And, I'm not sure... and I just overheard this from other people looking at the accident so I don't know if it's true... but it seems the driver took a Darwin award (didn't survive). :-/
SergX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #3632
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SogniX
Here are my pics of the car accident that held us up on the way home:

IMG_0031-c
Yes, the car is on it's roof, facing the wrong direction... in more ways than one!

IMG_0030-c
That's a lot of tire marks! Looks like someone was going fast and lost control!

There was also a crashed truck on the side on the road just behind me on my left when I took the pics.
That little pickup truck took a hit from that car but all was well for that driver. Just the hassle of getting his truck fixed because some squirrel couldn't color within the lines.

We shut our bikes down, got off. Had a nice conversation with a BMW rider and a guy on one of those new modern Harleys. Beautiful bike. I can see what the designer meant when he said he wanted the motor to look like it was a jewel in a setting. Lots of harmony in that design. (I normally hate Harleys. As ugly as a plow horse.)
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #3633
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,380
Cricket, Sergio, what time did you come up on that accident? & about where? we went down the Crest too.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #3634
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
Cricket, Sergio, what time did you come up on that accident? & about where? we went down the Crest too.
We came up on it just after the first responders got there. We were near the front of the line. It was about...3pm...there after? Something like that? You guys headed straight home and we went to eat at Newcomb.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:33 PM   #3635
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksilver
We came up on it just after the first responders got there. We were near the front of the line. It was about...3pm...there after? Something like that? You guys headed straight home and we went to eat at Newcomb.
Then you were behind us, I figured you guys would have had lunch & been gone by the time we got done with BPL, part of Lynx, & lunch at Hidden Springs
Old 12-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #3636
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,736
no nOObs got lost today....

the DIVIDE

right on the DIVIDE

i hope this is not the last pic of

artboy and rebarman

they were brave scoots before they became nOObs....

w, the other, and safer KLR rider...

can you see the bastards at the bottom of indian canyon

this one is for the visually challenged

for how long dale's gs800 will remain scratch free????????????????????????????

the advanced riders spent as much time chitchatting as the nOObs....

the orange speck is nw

i need to have one of that adv shirt.......erik got me good after this photo...

hey chris, even in the cloud of dust, the hi viz works........

ktm se in the hands of a normal person
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #3637
SergX
Back on the Saddle

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksilver
Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe 3.30 at the latest?
SergX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #3638
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains

Admit it, you were impressed that I had just the right tool for that job, weren't you!?

I'm not sure about those Etymotic headphones... Course I guess I can be pretty sure if I wipe out the cords won't break, the tips will just break off in my ear canal.
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #3639
Klammer
Old and Grumpy

Oddometer: 2,282
Uug, got late start . Get Rinoeater, famous tracker of fucowii tribe to track FF's down. Rinoeater say many FF's moving fast on 2 wheel horse , will catch at Newcomes. He not tell me Rudolf almost take me out on hwy 2. We find few FF's at great lodge on mountain, cute squaw bring us meat and fire water. Big Chief lead drunken warriers down from mountian, now at wigwam, drink more fire water .

P.S. Me like yellow haired squaw from last week better!
Klammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #3640
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
NICE RIDING PEOPLE!!
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #3641
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
just a frustrating day,first the dump on the second hill climb=one broken blinker and really twecked a already tweaked pipe.meet the ff and head back down indian head,get to the bottom and the mid section of pipe falls off.Do some trailside repairs and 2 miles later same thing turnaround pick up pipe bunge it to the rack head up trail to scd ,no ones there so did the right thing and went home .All the way to northridge with a straight pipe freeway and all.11;00and my ears are still ringing,thanks to all for the help and merry xmas to all
bouncing billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:45 AM   #3642
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
Had a great time. Thanks nowwhat for taking the lead. It was fast (for me ) but lots of fun.

A few more pictures..

nowwhat and yzlvr making it look easy
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 AM   #3643
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncing billy
just a frustrating day,first the dump on the second hill climb=one broken blinker and really twecked a already tweaked pipe.meet the ff and head back down indian head,get to the bottom and the mid section of pipe falls off.Do some trailside repairs and 2 miles later same thing turnaround pick up pipe bunge it to the rack head up trail to scd ,no ones there so did the right thing and went home .All the way to northridge with a straight pipe freeway and all.11;00and my ears are still ringing,thanks to all for the help and merry xmas to all
Shit,,,,this is my fault....poor riding manners...When we leave from a stop we need to make sure everyone is accounted for and that everyine has assumed the resposiblilty for the person behind them.....We kinda operated on the fact that it was Billy down there and that he gave up and went home....that won't happen again....Traveltoad Volunteered to ride the 20 minutes back Solo to look for Billy....but then we would have 2 riders seperated from the pack....Later in the day I blew past an intersection assuming the guys behind me new which way to go.....again my fault....Dave had to chase them down to get them back on route....In the end if we have to ad an extra 30 minutes riding back for a lost rider no matter how experienced....then I will...just means more dirt....

Sorry Billy....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #3644
Yzlvr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 843
I agree. Good post......
Yzlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #3645
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Shit,,,,this is my fault....poor riding manners...When we leave from a stop we need to make sure everyone is accounted for and that everyine has assumed the resposiblilty for the person behind them.....We kinda operated on the fact that it was Billy down there and that he gave up and went home....that won't happen again....Traveltoad Volunteered to ride the 20 minutes back Solo to look for Billy....but then we would have 2 riders seperated from the pack....Later in the day I blew past an intersection assuming the guys behind me new which way to go.....again my fault....Dave had to chase them down to get them back on route....In the end if we have to ad an extra 30 minutes riding back for a lost rider no matter how experienced....then I will...just means more dirt....

Sorry Billy....
I think you should have to buy him a new pipe
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote