ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #3751
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,002
Save Johnson Valley Ride

camp is just behind those hills...this place is amazingly beautiful in a different way......and it's FREE

chasing rhinoeatr was fun

i missed the turned and ended up in the yellow route...no big deal, since i'm getting tired i'll take the novice/intermediate route "i thought", which was WRONG..

then, i missed another turn, and soon i found myself alone..no more bikes..... , and a red marker on top of the hill and jeep tracks.....

saw some 4wheelers but no bikes...

my ride is starting to look a riceless ride without brent....

so i followed the tracks

i got so far there's no more turning back....here i tried to go down on a 6 foot drop....and the result......, and no picture of me hanging over the handle bar

i waited for about 15 to 30 minutes for someone to help me and gave up. i have to move all the big rogs in front of the front tire so i can wiggle the bike down to the level ground

managed to get moving and confronted by this rock wall...yes that's a marked route.... , i can turn around and go up on that ledge again, but i knew i will hurt myself trying

i was trapped in a big bowl, rocks all around, then found an easier route

after about 1 hour of struggle, i eventually made it back to the camp

brent hanged out with them guys, and didn't leave until i showed up...thanks dude, maybe next time.....

rich likewise knows the risk of riding alone as he experienced it at kennedy meadows....

we were hungry and went to the main camp, that barbeque sandwich was gooooooood.... (thanks jim for buying lunch if that will give your conscience less guilt... )

in spite of the mighty strong wind and sandstorm at the end of the day, i am glad we did this ride. i saw on the faces of the volunteers that they needed and looking for lots of support; they were excited to receive everyone. i hope their efforts will be rewarded.... good luck....8)H
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #3752
chickfire13
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Just a reminder to you guys out there riding on Angles Crest. Please be careful today we had a motorcycle rider who was flighted into us who was really messed up lots of broken bones and other trauma, and won't be going home anytime soon (was headed up to ICU when I left to go home) so just a reminder be safe out there so you can go home to your loved ones at the end of your ride.

Thanks,
Chickie
(sopascat's daughter)

If you want trouble... find a redhead
chickfire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #3753
WzlTech
The fool on the hill

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
I think that was you guys.You were heading "up mountain" a few miles from the Crest/Forest turn at about 11:15? I was on the GS with the Radioactive yellow jacket on. So much for being visible!
I thought that might be you, I just didn't recognize the jacket, but it certainly was visible. No worries there.

WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #3754
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickfire13
Just a reminder to you guys out there riding on Angles Crest. Please be careful today we had a motorcycle rider who was flighted into us who was really messed up lots of broken bones and other trauma, and won't be going home anytime soon (was headed up to ICU when I left to go home) so just a reminder be safe out there so you can go home to your loved ones at the end of your ride.

Thanks,
Chickie
(sopascat's daughter)
i hope the unlucky rider recovers from his injury..8(H
Old 12-14-2008, 10:14 PM   #3755
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
I think that was you guys.You were heading "up mountain" a few miles from the Crest/Forest turn at about 11:15? I was on the GS with the Radioactive yellow jacket on. So much for being visible!
sorry dude...it's the way you ride your gs, you were mistaken as a harley rider......
Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #3756
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

sergio aka mr. detective, look at my pics again, analyze it, and tell us where my location relative to where the guys are. you will get another free sticker.....

8)H
Old 12-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #3757
rhinoeater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
JOEL,

THANKS FOR THE RIDE UP, LOOKED LIKE YOU HAD ALOT OF FUN UP IN THOSE ROCKS......SORRY I MISSED IT!!!! ENJOYED RIDING WITH YOU GUYS.....NICE TO SEE M1JEEP AND DANNYG.....STILL TALK ABOUT THE STORIES DANNYG WAS TELLING UP AT KENEDDY MEADOWS , WHEN HE FIRST CAME TO THE U.S. FUNNY AS HELL!! EVERYBODY STAY SAFE,
AND THANKS AGAIN!!

BILL
rhinoeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:35 AM   #3758
SergX
Back on the Saddle

Oddometer: 211
Quote:

Thanks,
Chickie
(sopascat's daughter)

Thank you Chickie,
my friend Jason and I went up a 3rd time tonight (we were going to eat at Newcomb's before the weekend was over, damnit!). Small bikes, and taking it easy. Took it even easier when it started snowing on the way down!
SergX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #3759
Klammer
Old and Grumpy

Oddometer: 2,324
Eh?

Yo Rinoeater, Y ya shoutin. I guess it's just less stress to lock on the caps when ADD is kickin hard.
Klammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #3760
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
sorry dude...it's the way you ride your gs, you were mistaken as a harley rider......

At least I RIDE my GS! Those were some BIG ROCKS you were trying to get over! I'm impressed!
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #3761
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
At least I RIDE my GS! Those were some BIG ROCKS you were trying to get over! I'm impressed!

i have mine just to piss off my gf....

we need to do another big bike ride, like the one eatpasta and us did. there are plenty of gs riders out there, i'm afraid to invite the 9fiddies thinking they might take us to some gnarly trails.....

seriously, i think with this snow...we're pretty much grounded.

anyone has ideas?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 PM   #3762
tbarstow
Two-wheelin' Fool

Oddometer: 3,146
Joel - How about Joshua Tree? Anza Borrego? Salton Sea?
tbarstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #3763
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:

Thanks,
Chickie
(sopascat's daughter)
Two motorcyclists hurt in head-on collision

From staff reports
Posted: 12/14/2008 02:16:38 PM PST

GLENDORA - Officials flew two men to the hospital Sunday after their motorcycles collided head-on on a mountain road north of Glendora, officials said.
The was reported about noon at mile-marker 7 on Glendora Mountain Road, California Highway Patrol officials said.
Eugene Riva, 30, of Lakewood suffered major head trauma and broken bones and was hospitalized in critical condition, CHP and fire officials said.
Hansen Liu, 35, of San Gabriel suffered multiple broken bones in his limbs, CHP officials said in a written statement.
The crash occurred as Rive was southbound on Glendora Mountain Road on a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle, and Liu was northbound on a 2001 Suzuki GSXR motorcycle, officials said.
For unknown reasons, Riva is believed to have crossed the center line in the road as both motorcycles went through a curve in opposite directions, the statement said.
The motorcycles collided, throwing both riders from their bikes, officials said. They were taken by helicopter to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, officials said.
From the Pasadena Star News.

I think this must be the one my daughter had in the ER yesterday.....

not the Crest after all, if the paper has it right
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #3764
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
Two motorcyclists hurt in head-on collision

From staff reports
Posted: 12/14/2008 02:16:38 PM PST

GLENDORA - Officials flew two men to the hospital Sunday after their motorcycles collided head-on on a mountain road north of Glendora, officials said.
The was reported about noon at mile-marker 7 on Glendora Mountain Road, California Highway Patrol officials said.
Eugene Riva, 30, of Lakewood suffered major head trauma and broken bones and was hospitalized in critical condition, CHP and fire officials said.
Hansen Liu, 35, of San Gabriel suffered multiple broken bones in his limbs, CHP officials said in a written statement.
The crash occurred as Rive was southbound on Glendora Mountain Road on a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle, and Liu was northbound on a 2001 Suzuki GSXR motorcycle, officials said.
For unknown reasons, Riva is believed to have crossed the center line in the road as both motorcycles went through a curve in opposite directions, the statement said.
The motorcycles collided, throwing both riders from their bikes, officials said. They were taken by helicopter to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, officials said.
From the Pasadena Star News.

I think this must be the one my daughter had in the ER yesterday.....

not the Crest after all, if the paper has it right
My first thought is "what are the odds?"

Think about it. Bikes are a narrow profile. That was like shooting two arrows at each other.

Don't mean to be morbid, but those odds were pretty high.

Speaking of motorcycle madness:

New Alpinestars body armor on the way. Santa came today at work.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #3765
Yzlvr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
i have mine just to piss off my gf....

we need to do another big bike ride, like the one eatpasta and us did. there are plenty of gs riders out there, i'm afraid to invite the 9fiddies thinking they might take us to some gnarly trails.....

seriously, i think with this snow...we're pretty much grounded.

anyone has ideas?
Yeah H8, can 9nineties go too?
Yzlvr is offline   Reply With Quote