ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #391
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
Pacifico Road at the top of Lynx ????
I have been wanting to do this. I think I may head go up the Crest (2) to 9 mile up Lynx's (Pacifico) to newcombs for breakfast I need to head out early around 7:am meet at the shell station at the bottom of ACH (2) & 210fwy if anyone is intrested.
Joel do you wanna do this ride...then we can ride SCD back to little T?....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #392
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,679
ohh yeah....mid 60's for temps at the bottom of the hill
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #393
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,155
Nowwhat, ok, Shell station at 7AM sounds good also! But, can we make it 7:30 instead, Sito, is it a yes?

Joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #394
sito
Where the Hell am I?
 
sito's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Glendora CA
Oddometer: 1,541
7:30 it is!
__________________
I'm a GPS Wizard follow me?
sito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #395
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,679
cool...7:30 at the shell station....looking forward to the new trail...

for those interested....lynx to pacifico to newcombs is a failry short ride....If someone else is interested I would like to ride the dirt to Mt. Emma after breakfast at newcombs...that adds another 20 miles of fun....

Nowwhat screwed with this post 05-20-2008 at 09:23 PM
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:46 PM   #396
WzlTech
The fool on the hill
 
WzlTech's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Stuck between reality and insanity.
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
....If someone else is interested I would like to ride the dirt to Mt. Emma after breakfast at newcombs...that adds another 20 miles of fun....
How do you pull that off?
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #397
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,155
After Newcomb's we get to do Lynx again on our way to SCD.

That should add up to another 40 miles of dirt! If still not enough we can do 4N24 and 4N32 back to 3N17, eeeehaaaaa, and that's another 24 miles!

By the end of the day, I will log 110 miles of pavement and 80 miles of dirt.

NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:14 AM   #398
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by WzlTech
How do you pull that off?
Nf-5n04...I think....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:15 AM   #399
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
After Newcomb's we get to do Lynx again on our way to SCD.

That should add up to another 40 miles of dirt! If still not enough we can do 4N24 and 4N32 back to 3N17, eeeehaaaaa, and that's another 24 miles!

By the end of the day, I will log 110 miles of pavement and 80 miles of dirt.

sheesh...I will bring extra gas....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #400
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by WzlTech
If you guys don't already know, the Pacifico Road at the top of Lynx is now open for the season






secrets out!!!


hahaha!!! i guess they opened it early cuz Jim told me last sunday on the 11th so i rode it solo.
it was a fu.cking blast!
it can get a little loose for added fun and the views are insane. if you go up to Pacifico camp site you can look down to Hidden Springs and the elevation is approx 7050ft.

have fun!
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #401
KLR_Woody
pass the noobage
 
KLR_Woody's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Oddometer: 172
Hell Yeah!!

I have a late night planned for Friday but i'm going to give it my best shot to meet up with you guys for this ride.
I'm tired of reading all your kick ass ride reports- I want in!
Hope to see ya'll Sat mornin.

What is the exit off the 210 where i'll find the 76 station?

Woody
__________________
4 out of 5 voices in my head say to leave work early and go RIDE. Majority rules- i'm outta here !
KLR_Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #402
WzlTech
The fool on the hill
 
WzlTech's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Stuck between reality and insanity.
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
Nf-5n04...I think....
That road has been closed for quite a few years, from Sulphur Springs Campground all the way down to around Little Rock Lake. There is a very large area around Little Rock that has been closed to all entry to protect the Arroyo Toad population. Sorry for the "cold shower".

"SPECIAL NOTE:
Protection of the Arroyo Toad promoted the closure of the Little Rock Recreation Area which extends from Joshua Tree Campground to the north, to Sulphur Springs Campground at the south, east along Alimony Ridge, and west to a point just the Desert Marksman permit area. This area will be closed to ALL USE until further notice. This action closed Basin Campground, Santiago Canyon, and Alimony Ridge off-highway vehicle routes until further notice."

info from here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/docu...Spring2008.pdf

Quote:
secrets out!!!
Thought about keeping it (Pacifico) to myself awhile longer, but what with Rincon and half the other areas around being closed, what can I say, I had a moment of weakness and warm fuzzy altruism for my fellow ADVriders.
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #403
WzlTech
The fool on the hill
 
WzlTech's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Stuck between reality and insanity.
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR_Woody
I have a late night planned for Friday but i'm going to give it my best shot to meet up with you guys for this ride.
I'm tired of reading all your kick ass ride reports- I want in!
Hope to see ya'll Sat mornin.

What is the exit off the 210 where i'll find the 76 station?

Woody
Looks like they are meeting at the Shell Station now in La Canada, instead of at Osborne and the 7-11 as originally proposed.

Jay's Shell Station, Foothill Blvd/Angeles Crest Highway (Hwy 2) offramp: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&q=jay's+shell+station+la+canada&ie=UTF8&ll=34.206106,-118.199694&spn=0.005998,0.016823&z=16
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #404
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,155
There's a rally this Saturday for those who died riding on Angeles Crest.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=333274&page=7

They will start at 7AM near our meeting place and about the same time.

The other option is meet at Sunland Blvd and Oro Vista (Jack in the Box). From there take Big Tujunga to Angeles Forest HW, then to Upper Big T, to Lynx, to Pacifico, and Newcomb's!

Or stick to the original plan, meet at 7-11, to Little T, and do SCD, Pacifico, Lynx and Hidden Springs..
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #405
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by WzlTech
That road has been closed for quite a few years, from Sulphur Springs Campground all the way down to around Little Rock Lake. There is a very large area around Little Rock that has been closed to all entry to protect the Arroyo Toad population. Sorry for the "cold shower".

"SPECIAL NOTE:
Protection of the Arroyo Toad promoted the closure of the Little Rock Recreation Area which extends from Joshua Tree Campground to the north, to Sulphur Springs Campground at the south, east along Alimony Ridge, and west to a point just the Desert Marksman permit area. This area will be closed to ALL USE until further notice. This action closed Basin Campground, Santiago Canyon, and Alimony Ridge off-highway vehicle routes until further notice."

info from here: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/docu...Spring2008.pdf

Thought about keeping it (Pacifico) to myself awhile longer, but what with Rincon and half the other areas around being closed, what can I say, I had a moment of weakness and warm fuzzy altruism for my fellow ADVriders.
Don, don't worry, we will leave all your favorite rutted trails alone. We will carefully pick all the fresh lines!

Seriously, you're a valuable asset here in the local ADV network. You're unselfish and share your knowledge. You're also a very good and safe rider that many noobs can look up to. Can we be sure you're not a secret agent from Sierra Club?

Joel
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014