ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #4066
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
SALE ALERT! For those of you with bike needs but little moolah, Cycle Depot is having a 1 day (Today!) 25% off everything sale. I ordered Sidi Crossfires for $350! No more smunched ankles fer me! It's good for on line orders too.I went to the one on Lyons in Valencia.
Chris, I think you mean Cycle Gear.

Cycle Depot is the little shop in eaglerock, No worries as I make the name exchange all the time myself!!!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM   #4067
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,239
Spend over $200, you get a $20 gift certificate.

I'm going to stock up on the 606s! Heading to CYCLE GEAR on Lyons after the new year's lunch party. PM me if you want me to pick up something for you and settle later on.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #4068
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96
Chris, I think you mean Cycle Gear.

Cycle Depot is the little shop in eaglerock, No worries as I make the name exchange all the time myself!!!
You are correct Sir! Sorry for any corn-fusion.
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #4069
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
I just want to give the 640A a mild beating and get a feel how the bikes performs so it doesn't die on me when we do the Baja next week.

Meet up at 7-11 @ 8:00 AM. I plan to do the terranova route (same as church sunday ride), and explore the 3 canyons.

This is an easy and short run in comparison with previous rides. We can hang out at some flat and hilly sections and work on our skills.

8)H
7-11 at Osborne?

I'll be there.....
Old 01-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #4070
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Newcomb's Dec 31st

bunch of biker's followed the norton gang up in newcombs

then i spotted this nice little bultaco...and sito's shiny bike on the background..

it may be tiny but it made it to nr

and neither too old to ride (someone has to help him put bike on center stand)

my good guzzie pals...me, mike, jack, and don

last time i was on the gs is when we did the white mountain research station near bishop..

sopascat on the crest

2up for sito......do i see a salute..
Old 01-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #4071
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Spend over $200, you get a $20 gift certificate.

I'm going to stock up on the 606s! Heading to CYCLE GEAR on Lyons after the new year's lunch party. PM me if you want me to pick up something for you and settle later on.
I went to Cycle Gear in Laguna Hills today and bought some Pro Tapers, Handlebar risers, new Scott Goggles, a case of oil, and hd three inner tubes all for less than $130. I really went to stock up on D606's and they were completely out of my rear size
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #4072
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
I went to Cycle Gear in Laguna Hills today and bought some Pro Tapers, Handlebar risers, new Scott Goggles, a case of oil, and hd three inner tubes all for less than $130. I really went to stock up on D606's and they were completely out of my rear size
order on line as long you do it tonight and they will honor the 25% discount, except shipping will be extra.

got myself ancra straps, tld pants, saddle bags, and 2 rear tires ( D606 and MT21). rruugger recommends the mt21 over the 606, even though it's more $, i would give it a try. it seems there are more knobs at the corner making it more stable when leaning the bike on pavement.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #4073
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
order on line as long you do it tonight and they will honor the 25% discount, except shipping will be extra.

got myself ancra straps, tld pants, saddle bags, and 2 rear tires ( D606 and MT21). rruugger recommends the mt21 over the 606, even though it's more $, i would give it a try. it seems there are more knobs at the corner making it more stable when leaning the bike on pavement.
Speaking of Rruugger, have you heard from him yet about Baja?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #4074
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname
Speaking of Rruugger, have you heard from him yet about Baja?
sent him a pm and left a message on his cell...no reply....makes me worried cuz he likes to do some riding alone.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #4075
rsks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
I've been following this thread for a long time and you guys are a hillarious bunch. I wanted to know if there is a ride this saturday. I would definately like to join you . I bought a XR650R sumo a couple of months ago and just got the dirt set up for it. I've been riding dirt for a while and looking to getting into the dual sport thing.
rsks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #4076
terranova
slow and steady

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
7-11 at Osborne?

I'll be there.....
i'm a little bummed to have to miss this one; but the good news is that i'll be on a moto-campout in Anza-Borrego at the Agua Calientes campground with the BMW Airheads Club (the airheads refer to the bikes btw)

Have a great ride!
terranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #4077
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

saturday ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsks
I've been following this thread for a long time and you guys are a hillarious bunch. I wanted to know if there is a ride this saturday. I would definately like to join you . I bought a XR650R sumo a couple of months ago and just got the dirt set up for it. I've been riding dirt for a while and looking to getting into the dual sport thing.
you're welcome to come and join the ride rsks.

we meet at the 7-11 near the osborne exit off the 210. if you know where little tujunga and osborne, then you will not miss us.

for this sat, we meet at 8am. the plan is do the terranova route, however the word from the other guys and due to the warm days, scd will most likely be open.

we can try scd first and see how far we can get. hopefully we can do indian canyon then go back up ride to the ranger station, go down to bpl to sito's trail and decide whether to turn around and do the terranova or take aliso to wzl trail, and do lynx from the mill creek parking lot.

i'm pretty sure the upper half of 4N24 is still buried in snow.

if there are brand new nOObs or a little unsure, you don't have to do the entire ride..do scd and bpl then bail out.

NSFW screwed with this post 01-01-2009 at 11:14 PM
Old 01-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #4078
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsks
I think you should go with the sumo setup ....................Joel, get pictures
Old 01-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #4079
BP88
Sinbad on wheels

Oddometer: 21
So... this coming Saturday, 8am, off the 210 at the 711 on Osborne? Is that correct? If so, count me in. I'm a n00b to trails so go easy on me.

edit - Where is Osborne? Can someone give me an address? I'm not familiar with northern LA so much.

BP88 screwed with this post 01-02-2009 at 01:46 AM
BP88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #4080
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
we can try scd first and see how far we can get. hopefully we can do indian canyon then go back up ride to the ranger station, go down to bpl to sito's trail and decide whether to turn around and do the terranova or take aliso to wzl trail, and do lynx from the mill creek parking lot.

C u Saturday.

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote