ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #4141
sito
Where the Hell am I?

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
What say the inmates....???

7-11 at 8:00am?...

SCD over to the BPL ...Hillclimb...water crossing...jump off to Aliso then Lynx in reverse..???

then over to Newcombs for grub????

If we are making good time we can add a trail here or there...gonna be warmer this week....maybe we can make it up to the top of 4n24 or at least have fun trying....

Hey Stew...come join the fun...usually done by 2:00-3:00 depending on the group size and any drama...
I'M IN
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #4142
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast
video You Tube

tony, that's a bitchin vid going up indian canyon. like marty's vid, the 9fiddy makes a good platform for filming the rides. now, i just wish and have bought nowwhat's other bike..

unlike the slow pokes artboy and doghouse, the only reason you passed me was cuz i dropped my IPOD on the way down and have been looking for it.... , othewise i will be with robert and dale waiting at the top.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #4143
rhinoeater
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Quote:

SCD over to the BPL ...Hillclimb...water crossing...jump off to Aliso then Lynx in reverse..???

If we are making good time we can add a trail here or there...gonna be warmer this week....maybe we can make it up to the top of 4n24 or at least have fun trying....

Hey Stew...come join the fun...usually done by 2:00-3:00 depending on the group size and any drama...
Count on me....Im in.
rhinoeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #4144
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SogniX
Gah! What is it with you guys and 8am? Am I the only one that goes out on Friday nights?

I want to say "In" especially since it's going to be warmer, but I seem to be getting some sort of flu or cold bug.

Hopefully I can fight it off by then. I'll know by Friday.

-Sergio
+1 I live like an hour away too. (so does NW but his bike's faster and I'm a big pussy)

It might be warmer at 10 am :)
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #4145
knlkern
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Put me on the "In-List"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
+1 I live like an hour away too. (so does NW but his bike's faster and I'm a big pussy)
It might be warmer at 10 am :)
I'm IN!!

8am good.. @ 7-11

I do not like to be in any traffic which usually occurs anywhere from 3am to 3am from my condom-inium on the westside - So I'll truck the bike in just to be safe!

C
knlkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #4146
JerseyCalDog
Huntington Beach Biker

Oddometer: 1
Wicked I am new to ADV, live in HB, have a 08' 950 KTM SuperEnduro

Re: Furnace Creek Ranch for the last weekend in January 2009, the 23, 24, 25th of January - I would like to go on rides with other adventure riders in the area, so we can ride together to events and have fun two-wheeling. I also have a 08' KTM Excr 530. I am interested in riding out and back from Huntington Beach to the event If there is anyone in the area that plan to do the same, please let me know, and how to reach you to make plans.
Jack

08' KTM 950 Super Enduro
08" KTM 530 Excr
JerseyCalDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #4147
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,315
Welcome Jack! Was up? I grew up in HB and live in Anaheim. I'll be in Death Valley Furnace Creek spot 119, RVin up with the DR650 early Friday morning. M1Jeep (Rich) and I are sharin, but there will be plenty of room for you to camp somewhere. There will be plenty of rides to go on too, many directions to head out. Ever been there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCalDog
Re: Furnace Creek Ranch for the last weekend in January 2009, the 23, 24, 25th of January - I would like to go on rides with other adventure riders in the area, so we can ride together to events and have fun two-wheeling. I also have a 08' KTM Excr 530. I am interested in riding out and back from Huntington Beach to the event If there is anyone in the area that plan to do the same, please let me know, and how to reach you to make plans.
Jack
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #4148
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyCalDog
Jack
welcome to the community, and we're glad you did your first post here....

the best way to hook with others is do the small rides and there you'll meet a lot of inmates. come out this saturday and meet the local FFs.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #4149
luv2race
Confused

Oddometer: 2,315
Hey Joel, you are going to DVDaze, aren't you?
Old 01-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #4150
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:

I got the meeting place figured out. Where is the rest of this? I'd like to check out the route. Might be able to make this. Since h8chains won't be there I can come and kick some dirt up .
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #4151
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr
I got the meeting place figured out. Where is the rest of this? I'd like to check out the route. Might be able to make this. Since h8chains won't be there I can come and kick some dirt up .

Wow a visitor fro the snow.... ......the route starts N or the 7-11 and runs E from Little Tujunga to Aliso Cyn....it is a mild ride but it is a great group of people.....and lunch at Newcoms is always an experience....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #4152
KLR_Woody
pass the noobage

Oddometer: 172
Thumb Lets Ride!!

I'm in this Sat- blown fork seals and all.

See you FF's then.

Woody
Old 01-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #4153
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr

sorry jeff, you can only go as fast as the guy who knows the route...

it's always a fun ride. first the tight twisties on pavement, then dirt and hills, finally angeles forest and the crest, where you can use all 100hp of your 9fiddy.

you guys have a good group...and don't get feel threatened by the orange mob.....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #4154
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2race
Hey Joel, you are going to DVDaze, aren't you?
no dvdaze for me this time....haven't earned enough vacation days for this working guy...8(H

besides...i don't drink alcohol, so what else is there for me to do.....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #4155
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR_Woody
I'm in this Sat- blown fork seals and all.

See you FF's then.

Woody
I am not sure I have ever seen a KLR without blown fork seals?...... Bouncing Billy is the king of blowing seals.... ....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote