ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #4501
Groucho
Hexhead Hoon
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Tehachapi, CA
Oddometer: 470
This Big-Bike n00b is in for Carrizo, will meet you guys in Maricopa.
__________________
"When in doubt, gas it. It'll either solve the problem, or remove the suspense."

2008 BMW R1200GSA Schnellpanzerkampfmotorrad
1977 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 FB
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:46 PM   #4502
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
So, how come so few of the L.A. riders are going to DVDaze this year?


Just wonderin'


Spafxer

.........................yeah how come?

i for instance cannot afford to take too much time off from work.

next, there's the nOObs redux on march or april, depends on the snow condition. the objective is ride the higher elevation like cerro gordo, hunter mountain, and beyond where snow hopefully by then is confined in the shade or side of the road.

lastly, i don't drink any beverages with alcohol.....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #4503
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
http://www.rsconcept.net/ check out my future bike __________________

hey tt, does that mean you're going back to rfs, possibly a 550....


next weekend's ride
Originally Posted by h8chains
Let's give the local mountains a break, and try something different.

Carrizo is 100% dirt, so the only pavement is ride up to get there and the ride home. There are only a few hard core dirt riding there and have bypasses, so a ds big bike will be very much at home, though thumpers will have a blast.
This is a mellow ride, a ride in the park....really!...

Those who are on a small bikes, you may trailer or truck the bikes and meet us at a place near the entrance to the park.

Here's the plan.

1. LA riders meet at Roxford off the FW5 @ 7:00AM
2. Pick up the riders from Ventura and Simi at Cactus Patch @ 7:30 AM
3. Breakfast in Ojai @ 8:00AM at Deer Lodge Restaurant on HW33
4. Ride up on north on HW33 @ 9:00AM
5. Carrizo @ 10:30AM.
6. Lunch @ 1:00PM


NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #4504
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
.........................yeah how come?

i for instance cannot afford to take too much time off from work.

next, there's the nOObs redux on march or april, depends on the snow condition. the objective is ride the higher elevation like cerro gordo, hunter mountain, and beyond where snow hopefully by then is confined in the shade or side of the road.

lastly, i don't drink any beverages with alcohol.....
1) Good reason. We could spend Saturday night in Carrizo, come home early Sunday, and pretend it was a long trip.

2) Better reason. The Noob group is a great bunch of riders...

3) No reason at all.. You obviously have DVD confused with the WARPED
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:20 PM   #4505
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer

No reason at all.. You obviously have DVD confused with the WARPED
what the hell razr and luv2race going to do in DVD....


i'm thinking of camping sat night and come home sunday morning...really depends on how cold the evening would be...i don't have sleeping bags rated at 20 - 25F. the evening will be in the 30s.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #4506
luv2race
Confused
 
luv2race's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: OC
Oddometer: 2,311
Stay in the RV Joel, I have 3 beds. RAZR and I will share 1 and you can have one. Just kiddin RAZR, don't get pissed at me . Hey Joel, stop by 119 and use one of the beds. I have plenty of blankets, pillows, and sleeping bags and it will only be in the 40's. Don't worry about food and drinks either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
what the hell razr and luv2race going to do in DVD....


i'm thinking of camping sat night and come home sunday morning...really depends on how cold the evening would be...i don't have sleeping bags rated at 20 - 25F. the evening will be in the 30s.
__________________
John
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #4507
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,833
thanks john, some other time....

i'm still sore from the baja ride and nursing a cold...all i want this coming weekend is a leisure easy ride and good food....so carrizo it is.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #4508
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE
 
Artboy57's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: BEE-yoo-tee-ful Eagle Rock, CA
Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
Let's give the local mountains a break, and try something different.

Carrizo is 100% dirt, so the only pavement is ride up to get there and the ride home. There are only a few hard core dirt riding there and have bypasses, so a ds big bike will be very much at home, though thumpers will have a blast.
This is a mellow ride, a ride in the park....really!...

Those who are on a small bikes, you may trailer or truck the bikes and meet us at a place near the entrance to the park.

Here's the plan.

1. LA riders meet at Roxford off the FW5 @ 7:00AM
2. Pick up the riders from Ventura and Simi at Cactus Patch @ 7:30 AM
3. Breakfast in Ojai @ 8:00AM at Deer Lodge Restaurant on HW33
4. Ride up on north on HW33 @ 9:00AM
5. Carrizo @ 10:30AM.
6. Lunch @ 1:00PM

Breakfast at Deer Lodge



Lunch at La Salza





Last year's ride:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=carrizo+plain

also check out Walt's:
http://homepage.mac.com/wbunning/carrizods/carrizo.html

BLM site:
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/baker...s/carrizo.html


possible rain on wednesday......

Maricopa, CA


Friday
Jan 23
Partly Cloudy
High 59F
Low 39F
Precip 10 %

Saturday
Jan 24
Partly Cloudy
High 56F
Low 38F
Precip 10 %

Sounds good to me! Just got a new Conti on the GS so Carrizo it is. Brought to you by Joel and the Food Network.
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:45 PM   #4509
luv2race
Confused
 
luv2race's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: OC
Oddometer: 2,311
Come join us! RAZR and I will be doing a couple of 200+ mile "leisurely" rides and will be enjoying tree hugger burgers and Jack with Jim Beam chasers! Thank god we don't drink anymore. (We don't drink any less either )
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
thanks john, some other time....

i'm still sore from the baja ride and nursing a cold...all i want this coming weekend is a leisure easy ride and good food....so carrizo it is.
__________________
John

luv2race screwed with this post 01-18-2009 at 08:50 PM
luv2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #4510
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer
 
spafxer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 2,531
Hey Joel and L.A. area riders.

Instead of backtracking to the 118 from Roxford and meeting the Ventura contingent in Moorpark, how about meeting up in Santa Paula. We can head up 150 (10th St in Santa Paula) to Ojai and the 33/ Deer Lodge..

Riding out the 126 is nicer than 118, and if you want some twisties turn south on Torrey Rd in Piru jog right and left again to stay on Torrey and turn west again on Guiberson Rd. Near Fillmore you can jog down to South Mountain Rd. This will take you west all the way to Santa Paula. It's not dirt but almost as much fun. Just watch for farm vehicles.

Spafxer
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #4511
BootDragger
Rehibilitation Rebel
 
BootDragger's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Paula, Ca.
Oddometer: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
Hey Joel and L.A. area riders.

Instead of backtracking to the 118 from Roxford and meeting the Ventura contingent in Moorpark, how about meeting up in Santa Paula. We can head up 150 (10th St in Santa Paula) to Ojai and the 33/ Deer Lodge..

Riding out the 126 is nicer than 118, and if you want some twisties turn south on Torrey Rd in Piru jog right and left again to stay on Torrey and turn west again on Guiberson Rd. Near Fillmore you can jog down to South Mountain Rd. This will take you west all the way to Santa Paula. It's not dirt but almost as much fun. Just watch for farm vehicles.

Spafxer
SP....Now your talkin....Your right at my front door and the 150 has great scenery!
__________________
BootDragger's Spot

"I like you. People say Ive got no taste, but I like you!."
BootDragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #4512
DannyG
I have the waypoint.
 
DannyG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 3,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by reBARman
Dammit, I would have to be snowboarding the weekend of the 24th

Have fun at Carrizo, the weather and dirt should be good!
i hope you not going local.... hard pack every local spot
__________________
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Helen Keller (1880 1968)
My toys: 00 GS1150; 84 Ericson 30+
DannyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #4513
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
Hey Joel and L.A. area riders.

Instead of backtracking to the 118 from Roxford and meeting the Ventura contingent in Moorpark, how about meeting up in Santa Paula. We can head up 150 (10th St in Santa Paula) to Ojai and the 33/ Deer Lodge..

Riding out the 126 is nicer than 118, and if you want some twisties turn south on Torrey Rd in Piru jog right and left again to stay on Torrey and turn west again on Guiberson Rd. Near Fillmore you can jog down to South Mountain Rd. This will take you west all the way to Santa Paula. It's not dirt but almost as much fun. Just watch for farm vehicles.

Spafxer
jim great idea..... , i thought of that, meeting off the 126 @ 7:40AM, at the corner of old ojai rd aka 150 (aka n 10th st) and main st. those coming from malibu and newbury park can still meet at cactus patch afaic.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #4514
reBARman
Studly Adventurer
 
reBARman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
i hope you not going local.... hard pack every local spot
Yea, unfortunately. I'm Hoping the incoming weather this week will soften it up.
__________________
981100GS
reBARman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #4515
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Hey guys
You should do Quatal canyon to Cerro Noroeste to Klipsein canyon then jump on the 166 in to maricopa for gas.

Have fun
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014