ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #4816
rruugger
formally rruugger

Oddometer: 1,281
50% fine. I did baja on 40%, but I'm a nut case.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:48 PM   #4817
ddennis669
Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Trailer recon

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains

hopefully ddennis can wait for you at the shell gas station or carrizo entrance, and lead you to elkhorn and into the parking area. ride back together to the shell station.
I will leave the house at 10:00 AM, head down the Elkhorn grade and arrive at the Maricopa Shell before 10:30 AM to meet the trailer people in case they need directions.
ddennis669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #4818
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddennis669
I will leave the house at 10:00 AM, head down the Elkhorn grade and arrive at the Maricopa Shell before 10:30 AM to meet the trailer people in case they need directions.
thank you, I don't know if that's anyone besides us, we're in an old black suburban, couple of redheaded women
Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #4819
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddennis669
thanks dave

anyone else trucking (aside from the sopas girls), please post your plan here so that dave will know who to expect.

see you all in the morning.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:02 AM   #4820
trid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Oil?

Ready to go but bike is not..rear shock must have let go because rear end compresses about 70% with your hand pushing on it!! Too far for this bike with a bad setup... MUST ABORT!!

Enjoy all...
trid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:50 AM   #4821
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by trid
Ready to go but bike is not..rear shock must have let go because rear end compresses about 70% with your hand pushing on it!! Too far for this bike with a bad setup... MUST ABORT!!

Enjoy all...

sorry dude, see you next time,

ready in 2 minutes...
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #4822
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,672
Hope everyone had a fun trip.....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #4823
CCer
missing

Oddometer: 197
made it home. man i hate the 5 coming down from gorman. enjoyed the day and the company, especially havent-been-off-road-in-20some-years-and-this-bike-sure-wantstogo-fast scott. nice riding buddy. take your medicine
CCer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #4824
reBARman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Checking in. What a great ride! 385miles, just under 12hrs on the bike. I'm sure these will be low numbers since I bailed early. Great riding with you guys See you on the next one!!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:24 PM   #4825
A.Vern
One Man Wolf Pack

Oddometer: 974
Hanging with the kids today so I couldn't make this one, but when I lived in SLO Carrizo was one of my favorite rides.

Pictures?

A.Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 PM   #4826
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
I made it home safe too. Scott was pretty funny,
New 990, "Never seen dirt" and Scott "claims" to have not ridden for like 27 years, then he shows up and SHOWS UP everybody. He and I ate lunch at Deer Inn in ojai, and it turns out he used to race MX and I think he said flat-track

All I know is that big motosickle of his was kicking rocks & sand in my face just like they do when I go to muscle beach. We were going like 65 and his rear would step out a little bit and then a friggen golf ball would go whizzin by my head

As you can see F.N.G. fits right in.

I took some pictures with my iPhone, I shot all of the riders, but strangely only the GS's were slow enough to been seen.

I dunno who this FF is but he was fast (except for here of course, I think he slowed down to see if I was alive, since I was going lightspeed to get ahead.

Artboy:

Joel, riding sweep as per usual...

I went flying up and over a cattle guard, and when I got to the top, the bike sort kept going. I heard the engine overrev a bit, and then next thing I knew I was still looking down the road but all I could see was the tippity tip of my front fender, and there, on the fender, lightly etched in dust I could clearly make out the face of JESUS...

and he was scared.

I was standing, over the rear tire, with my Dakar pretty much vertical going about 35 in a full on almost over the back wheelie.

'course I saved it like a pro, barely slowed down (yeah right) and I didn't even shit myself a little bit so I was pretty happy about that even though nobody captured my awesomeness on camera.

Oh, and Joel, let me just say fuck you in advance for that picture of the time I almost bought a f800gs while we were all stopped.

xymotic screwed with this post 01-31-2009 at 09:02 PM
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #4827
DTSB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCer
made it home. man i hate the 5 coming down from gorman. enjoyed the day and the company, especially havent-been-off-road-in-20some-years-and-this-bike-sure-wantstogo-fast scott. nice riding buddy. take your medicine
LOL...thanks for reminding me about the meds...I had a great ride and it was nice meeting you guys...my old behavior came back and I was in racing mode...The Need For Speed!! That KTM is a beast. Can't wait to do 100 mph woop-de-doos....just kidding...almost killed myself once on those things...Thanks Again...See You Soon...DTSB
DownTown Scotty Brown
Old 01-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #4828
bmwdon75
Street Adventurist

Oddometer: 198
Made it home, It was nice meeting ya'll hopefully I'll be getting a dual sport soon. Here's a street bike view
Going up HWY 33

I took Soda lake road till the pavement ended

Some Cerro Noroeste, one of my favorites

What's up with this white stuff?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:58 PM   #4829
Windrat
just a poser

Oddometer: 1,980
Hope everyone is home safe... what a great day for a ride and the carrizo
was beautiful.. I was in fly by mode and just rode around in carrizo.
Bob
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM   #4830
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,586
Checking IN. Came back via the Hi Mountain Rd. That was a great road to cap off a great ride. Pozo saloon was a new venue for me. I liked it a lot!

Only one major carnage today. I hope your knee and head and neck don't hurt too long Terranova.. I'll let San Luis Obispo county know they don't have to inspect the asphalt at Pozo Rd and the 58. You've performed a close inspection for them..
The loose gravel that is spread on top of a tar coating was built up right where we had to make a tight turn onto Pozo Rd. Almost took out DDennis too..

spafxer
jim
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote