ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2008, 10:04 PM   #496
WzlTech
The fool on the hill

Oddometer: 479
Hey Mike, thanks for putting the ride together. Lots of fun and a good group...and tacos. Oh, and you sure are getting quick on that there orange beast. Have fun tomorrow.

Paul, hope the ankle isn't too sore. I warned you we'd get you in trouble given half a chance. Glad you joined us and we'll look for you on future rides...now go get a real fuel tank while the ankle heals up.

See ya all next time...
WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:30 PM   #497
STU CAZZO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
lynx

Hey Guys, we were on the Lynx section yesterday and came across a chain link gate which blocked the road going to the top. We had to turnaround. Was it closed today?? Has anyone ever encountered this gate???

Thanks for the report Mike
STU CAZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:33 PM   #498
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by STU CAZZO
Hey Guys, we were on the Lynx section yesterday and came across a chain link gate which blocked the road going to the top. We had to turnaround. Was it closed today?? Has anyone ever encountered this gate???

i'll let ya know after tomorrow's ride
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #499
bongodave
Legalize it, already

Oddometer: 39,355
I won't be there. Got one of those commitments that make me an adult (yeah, right!).
But I will... It'll happen. I wanna go to CHURCH!
Cleansed in the purifying spirit of 2-wheeled joy!
Hallelujiah!
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 PM   #500
WzlTech
The fool on the hill

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by STU CAZZO

That's very odd. Never seen anything like it on Lynx. The only chainlink gate I've run across in the Angeles is on the road (5N04) that runs from Sulphur Springs Campground down to Little Rock Res., and that's always closed these days just north of the campground entrance.

Lynx was wide open today so not sure what was up? Come to think about it, I don't think I've ever seen Lynx closed.

You sure you were on the right road?

WzlTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:35 AM   #501
Earl999
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 902
Hey guys, I was the fella on the Husky 610SM that rode up you all to the AFH turn off.

Nice to chat with the KLR rider for a bit. I use to always have a DP bike in the garage and need to get another one, I think an XR650L is more to my liking.

Any way, good to see you guys and I hope to be riding with you all soon after I find a good deal.
Earl999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:25 AM   #502
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Hey, there. Sorry i didn't introduce myself. My name's Marty. Hope to see you around soon.

Here's a bike for sale. Local guy in Cucamonga that i mentioned:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342825
Old 06-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #503
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE

Oddometer: 690
Great ride, new (to me ) trails and even carnage (how's the ankle, Paul?) and a friendly ranger . And perfect weather. Boy, are we SPOILED! See you guys soon. You may not have noticed. but I AM getting FASTER! .......
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #504
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,482
Anyone hear from Paul?....hope that ankle is OK...
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #505
Earl999
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfpunk
Hey, there. Sorry i didn't introduce myself. My name's Marty. Hope to see you around soon.

Here's a bike for sale. Local guy in Cucamonga that i mentioned:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342825
Thanks, but I really want a '94 - '98 XR650L to keep the costs low and to customize it to my needs.

Looks like you all had a great time, but someone hurt an ankle it appears. I did see some riders with hiking boots, you gotta wear dirt biking boots when riding off road for the extra protection.

I'll definitely be out there with you all at some point, I miss riding those trails along with Big Bear, etc....
Old 06-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #506
trid
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
What a ride, Too good! (A liitle baptism by fire in play)

Thanks for the Tacos and Petro.

Not to be to weepy but I feel like I got to enter a whole new element of socal... maybe the best.

Ankle on the mend, so as I limp around I am trying to figure out how to get a new tank (I love the plant but engine off coasting only works in 1 direction,down) and new front tire (because tasting the dirt from tires is OK but actually taking a mouthful, not so good.)
Thanks All... Im in! Paul...................
trid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #507
Earl999
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trid
What a ride, Too good! (A liitle baptism by fire in play)

Thanks for the Tacos and Petro.

Not to be to weepy but I feel like I got to enter a whole new element of socal... maybe the best.

Ankle on the mend, so as I limp around I am trying to figure out how to get a new tank (I love the plant but engine off coasting only works in 1 direction,down) and new front tire (because tasting the dirt from tires is OK but actually taking a mouthful, not so good.)

Thanks All... Im in! Paul...................
IMS & Clarke both make larger tanks for XR650Ls, my bro has one on his.

Just curious what tire pressure you were running up front?

XRs Only and and RockyMtnATV.com both carry the larger gas tanks.

I buy a ton of stuff from Rocky Mtn every year.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #508
Oni
Ronin

Oddometer: 1,839
You can also go down to Scott's Performance in Montrose. They are the makers of the Scott Steering Stabilizer. I like to support the local shops when I can.

My buddy just bought an IMS for his XR600 there, and I bought one for my XR400 last year. IMS bolted on both our bikes with zero problems. I was impressed. Sometimes aftermarket stuff requires a bit of tweaking.

I usually carry some MSR 1 liter fuel bottles for a little extra range on my X. Goes for a long way on 2.5 gallons...but it's nice to have a bit of insurance.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #509
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
Great ride, new (to me ) trails and even carnage (how's the ankle, Paul?) and a friendly ranger . And perfect weather. Boy, are we SPOILED! See you guys soon. You may not have noticed. but I AM getting FASTER! .......

CARNAGE!
Someone needs to start a new thread "NOWWHAT'S KILLS"

Thanks Mike for keeping the weekly ride alive last weekend. Nice pics and report! Too bad I can't be in 2 places at the same time.

Can't believe Marty on a thumper! He's already a badass on the 950!

Heal quick Paul and glad to hear that it wasn't too bad. Next time....the only riders you can trust are Artboy, me and a few others! The only thing you have to do is ride slower than us!

NSFW screwed with this post 06-02-2008 at 10:57 AM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #510
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,818
Thumb Weekend Ride is for the Kids!

The only ride for this coming weekend is the link below. We need everyone's support.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347030

If you need to put on new tires for the Sunday ride, come by my house this coming Sat. morning and we can fix you up. Just bring your rims, new tires, and tire balancing weights, we have everything we need. I won't mar your rims , it's a No-Mar machine! If you want to do it on a weekday afternoon, send me a PM.

I'm also looking for a proxy to ride for me. My right knee is still shot. Please send me a pm, and if you want the t-shirt, just pay $15.

Joel

NSFW screwed with this post 06-02-2008 at 07:34 PM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote