ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #5581
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
You get the 950 fixed up yet?
Yup, have a couple rides on the JB weld patched motor. Keep your fingers crossed. Also new front rim hasn't fallen off either. All is good. On my way out to the garage to try to lube throttle cables, then get a little ride in.

M-
Old 03-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #5582
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,547
SCD looks clear(besides the half of a house you found)

nice RR!
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #5583
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,807
i have a feeling that we'll find more trash as the weather gets warmer......construction and repair season in the spring generates a lot of residential trash
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #5584
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,477
On Sundays...I usually meet up with some friends in Malibu...Run Latigo or Decker...have breakfast at the Rockstore and then head home.....call it 40 miles...

Today started the same....coffee in Malibu....up to the Rock Store...then things got better...

met up with Yzlvr....from the Rock Store we hit Ojai...from Ojai we continued to Carrizo....From Carizzo we hit Frazier Park...then over to the Rock Inn then down Lake Hughes and Home....300 miles...

I can say we hit a high percentage of the greatest motorcycle roads in So Cal and went through 5 counties....

ummm no pics....if you have ever ridden with Yz you understand that there was no time....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #5585
mike toon
AKA Mr Pastrami

Oddometer: 183
Maybe Erskine-Hellrigel's Community Hiking Club will do a weekly cleanup like last year.

mike toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #5586
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
You get the 950 fixed up yet?
You woulda been proud of me. Got a pinch flat and changed it all by myself. Glad i remembered my pump. I woulda had to jump the MTN biker that road by and steal his. Ha!

You all have a good week.

M-
Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #5587
grinder96
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Hey, I am alive..just barley!! I have the application from the forest service and it is pretty straight forward. Joel, you asked me to head this "clean up" project and and first thought was I am really excited but the realization is I have too much on my plate! So anyone wanting this application it is in Word format, PM me with an addy and I can forward it to you. I may be available to help on the particular day but otherwise have to pass on presidency for the moment!

Glad you all had a good ride!!! Makes me want to go ride!!
grinder96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #5588
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder96
Hey, I am alive..just barley!! I have the application from the forest service and it is pretty straight forward. Joel, you asked me to head this "clean up" project and and first thought was I am really excited but the realization is I have too much on my plate! So anyone wanting this application it is in Word format, PM me with an addy and I can forward it to you. I may be available to help on the particular day but otherwise have to pass on presidency for the moment!

Glad you all had a good ride!!! Makes me want to go ride!!
mr. chairman...we're heartbroken though after i read your pm, i fully understand.

turin, you're the first person i know who stepped up and did the clean up last year. by doing so, you planted a seed in our minds and we owed it to you.

i hope the rest of the inmates realize that we have to return something back to the environment, especially to SCD which is a gift to us. we are so lucky we can ride everyweekend and don't have to go very far or make it a whole day affair.

wish i can chair this project, but i prefer someone else. i'm too busy organizing rides for everyone and make us all happy.

i pm another inmate and hope he responds with an affirmative answer.

joel
Old 03-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #5589
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
On Sundays...I usually meet up with some friends in Malibu...Run Latigo or Decker...have breakfast at the Rockstore and then head home.....call it 40 miles...

Today started the same....coffee in Malibu....up to the Rock Store...then things got better...

met up with Yzlvr....from the Rock Store we hit Ojai...from Ojai we continued to Carrizo....From Carizzo we hit Frazier Park...then over to the Rock Inn then down Lake Hughes and Home....300 miles...

I can say we hit a high percentage of the greatest motorcycle roads in So Cal and went through 5 counties....

ummm no pics....if you have ever ridden with Yz you understand that there was no time....
no pics = , come on nw we're not buying a lame excuse....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
I was up at Cold Springs Tavern last night, and talked to some riders that had just come off of West Camino Cielo Road.

They said the road was open,, but it can be closed if bad weather is forecast. Sure enough:
Winter Road & Trail Closures
- Certain roads in Los Padres National Forest are subject to weather-related closures. Most of the roads are closed just prior to predicted storms and are reopened once the road surface dries out.

I thought after the fires in the area this road was closed for a year, but I guess not!

If your not familiar with this road, it goes from Refugion Beach up and over to the top of the mountains above Santa Barbara. Spectacular riding and views...

Spafxer
jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSB
I would love to do that ride, let me know if you want to go to Cold Springs Tavern sometime too. Also was thinking maybe there should be a Ventura county weekend ride. Cmon!
that would be great if we can get something going in your neck of the woods. ok jim aka spafxer...you lead and we'll follow...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #5590
fmfpunk
Hooligan in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains

i hope the rest of the inmates realize that we have to return something back to the environment, especially to SCD which is a gift to us.
Dang, almost makes we wanna run out and hug a tree.

Almost.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #5591
knlkern
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfpunk
Dang, almost makes we wanna run out and hug a tree.

Almost.
Marty, Don't do it, You dont know where that tree has been!
Or who has been to that tree!!
knlkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #5592
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

adopt-a-trail chairman.

good news....we found a chairman!

traveltoad was brave enough to step up to the plate.....

aaron, he's a ktm rider with the heart of a klr rider...you got my support and i'm sure the rest feel the same.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM   #5593
Doghouse_Riley
Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
good news....we found a chairman!

traveltoad was brave enough to step up to the plate.....
Good on ya TT!

Canis meus id comedit.
Doghouse_Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #5594
spafxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,528
Ventura, Santa Barbara County Ride.

Give me an open date Joel,

My choices would be in Ventura County, Hwy 33 area, Nordhoff Ridge and further up 33, come back on dirt to the Matilija Canyon area. Both of these are dead ends, so come back the same way we go in. They also require Forest Service permits $Free, and Wilderness Day Passes $5 a piece..
Ventura County is all gated off dirt... Lunch by Brown Bag or go up to Ventuna for possible BBQ.

The second option is East Camino Cielo, Cold Springs Tavern, West Camino Cielo, Solvang, Refugio Beach.. area.. Santa Barbara County. Camp in Refugio (Nice!) Hwy. 101 back home.

Spafxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spafxer
I was up at Cold Springs Tavern last night, and talked to some riders that had just come off of West Camino Cielo Road.

They said the road was open,, but it can be closed if bad weather is forecast. Sure enough:
Winter Road & Trail Closures
- Certain roads in Los Padres National Forest are subject to weather-related closures. Most of the roads are closed just prior to predicted storms and are reopened once the road surface dries out.

I thought after the fires in the area this road was closed for a year, but I guess not!

If your not familiar with this road, it goes from Refugion Beach up and over to the top of the mountains above Santa Barbara. Spectacular riding and views...

Spafxer
jim

that would be great if we can get something going in your neck of the woods. ok jim aka spafxer...you lead and we'll follow...[/quote]
spafxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #5595
johngil
Reseda, CA

Oddometer: 3,680
Is this Spafxer guy trustworthy?
johngil is offline   Reply With Quote