ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #6061
knlkern
Gnarly Adventurer
 
knlkern's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal-310
Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSmoker
Umm... not sure!
The sumo sat an inch or two lower than the dirt one and I think she liked the bigger brakes and sport tires.
O I C
We (I) was planning on a lowering link for the Honda as she is too vertically challenged
__________________
www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ -webmaster.
525exc
K1200lt
knlkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #6062
trailtrick
goat trail rider
 
trailtrick's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: socal
Oddometer: 3,307
Look wath i finish today adv and SE riders
__________________
"Vive tus sueños en vida, no la vida en sueños.

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
trailtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #6063
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick
Look wath i finish today adv and SE riders

waht exactly did you do?

i see a new side stand and brackets. wahts the advantage?

maybe the se riders can figure it out....
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #6064
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
waht exactly did you do?

i see a new side stand and brackets. wahts the advantage?

maybe the se riders can figure it out....

don't you start spelling what "waht" too....

It is a KTM Lc8 thang...the stock side stand is mounted to the motor...whack the stand....crack the case....Javi has eliminated that problem
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #6065
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
don't you start spelling what "waht" too....

It is a KTM Lc8 thang...the stock side stand is mounted to the motor...whack the stand....crack the case....Javi has eliminated that problem
good job tt..


is that a kit or you built it from scratch?

NSFW screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 08:09 AM
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #6066
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,232
since not too many are riding tomorrow or this weekend....don't forget to come out next weekend at spangler.

hope to see the big and pretty bikes there. cribaby will be happy to see you all.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #6067
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,792
Okay Joel, time for some pictures.
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #6068
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
qwiksilver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Hollywood, CA
Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
since not too many are riding tomorrow or this weekend....don't forget to come out next weekend at spangler.

hope to see the big and pretty bikes there. cribaby will be happy to see you all.
Next weekend is the "art" thang.



Painting on Saturday. Sketching at the Getty on Sunday. (Free to get in; bikes park for free)

BTW...thinking of doing that DIRT poster into an actual 20"x30" print.

qwiksilver screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 05:05 PM
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #6069
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,716
Well....there is going to be a great RR coming.....not from me....but I do have a teaser and some advice.....

STAY OFF OF KOEHN LAKE....She isn't dry yet.....




Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #6070
Yzlvr
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Oddometer: 845
Nice NW, took another short cut?
Yzlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #6071
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzlvr
Nice NW, took another short cut?

oh no no no....Bouncing Billy was trail leader.....sheehsh....wait till you see the pics and the vids of that mad man....

He went down more than Jenna Jameson.......
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #6072
starchaser
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: So. Ca.
Oddometer: 210
starchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #6073
caktmrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
caktmrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Oddometer: 118
Hey Strangers! I might be up for a ride next weekend at Spangler. Was there last weekend with both bikes, tearin' up the desert and gettin' lost for hours....



Mostly, though, I was workin' with junior on his new ride...



So he could end up with braggin' rights (sort of) at our make-shift shoot-out...



Okay, enough of that...Where was I? Oh, yeah...Yo, Javier, get your man over to my place to pick up my bike and redo my suspension! (por favor). I'm done riding through the desert on forks with no name...

And for the rest of you, hit me back with the when and where's for all things riding (off-road preferably) for the coming weekend!

Dan
__________________
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603548

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Bertrand Russell.
caktmrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:47 AM   #6074
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat
oh no no no....Bouncing Billy was trail leader.....sheehsh....wait till you see the pics and the vids of that mad man....

He went down more than Jenna Jameson.......
good job guys in managing to get out and ride.....

i've been grounded for several days now, can't get rid of the flu.

in my present state, i would rather see the jj video though....


Quote:
Originally Posted by caktmrider
Hey Strangers! I might be up for a ride next weekend at Spangler. Was there last weekend with both bikes, tearin' up the desert and gettin' lost for hours....



Mostly, though, I was workin' with junior on his new ride...



So he could end up with braggin' rights (sort of) at our make-shift shoot-out...



Okay, enough of that...Where was I? Oh, yeah...Yo, Javier, get your man over to my place to pick up my bike and redo my suspension! (por favor). I'm done riding through the desert on forks with no name...

And for the rest of you, hit me back with the when and where's for all things riding (off-road preferably) for the coming weekend!

Dan
dan, nice pics, and please tell your son to take it easy on that guy riding the xr400 next weekend......

hope you can make it.....and it should be fun.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:35 PM   #6075
knlkern
Gnarly Adventurer
 
knlkern's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: SoCal-310
Oddometer: 303



Happy Easter!
__________________
www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ -webmaster.
525exc
K1200lt
knlkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014