ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2009, 05:46 PM   #6091
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,716
We were all laughing about this! I thought I was all good with my fresh 908 and all that HP. Oops, I see a low fender here.

I am glad to be providing some of the entertainment! Nowwhat laughing his ass off. I wasn't able to ride the bike very well when the front tire wasn't spinning.

Credit where it is due....Toast rode that bike 40-50 feet with the front tire fully locked...pretty impressive....then to clear the mud...he popped the clutched and wheelied the bike...whent the tire smacked back down it all came free.....
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:28 PM   #6092
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
I forgot about some of the downhills but these guys can ride so it was no biggie.Some how we got split up towards the end of the ride ,so i found a new line from cal cit to mojave,nice to track with about fifty jumps.Save it for the next one.For some reason the klr gets tired and needs a occassional dirt nap.Toast thanks for the pics ,next time we make it to the husky monument.Knlkern thanks for the conversation up and back and nowwhat we'll brady will always be brady
Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #6093
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast
The rest of the pictures from Saturday.....

Bouncing Billy putting secret additives in his super tanker.

Sheep

Billy said he gravitated to the rock that wasn't on the trail. I wasn't quick enough to catch him on the ground.

First stop for beer, it was still morning.

Ok, the way I heard it was there wouldn't be much sand or whoops. LOL! It was good practice for sure!

606 reporting for duty, no flats today :)

Nowwhat? I will tell you nowwhat....we are about to head into some rocky downhills....for me they were pretty serious. Nothing I would want to go back up.

After the downhills was a nice obstacle course.

Passing was difficult

After the sandwash the 950s had a chance to cool down while we waited for the singles to arrive :)

Harder than it looks. We ended up just pushing it over without the wheel spinning.

Moving at a snails pace here, the Kawasaki was diggin in for the winter

Looks like a scorpion in this pic

Mudcycle, now this bike weighs as much as a 950.

Some of the foot prints back there were pretty deep, almost at the point where your foot would come out of the boot.

We were all laughing about this! I thought I was all good with my fresh 908 and all that HP. Oops, I see a low fender here.

I am glad to be providing some of the entertainment! Nowwhat laughing his ass off. I wasn't able to ride the bike very well when the front tire wasn't spinning.

Thought I was in the clear when we took this pic, not so.

I know why they have a "super" in the name of this bike.

Time for grubbin

By the way, we didn't stop for pictures. I always had to be quick with the camera as these guys wanted to RIDE!

Seriously, how is this for an unload site? The bank at the Tampa exit at the 101. I was exhausted and wanted to lay down on the grass.

Click any of the pics to get to the full album. Videos coming in a couple of days.

hi tony.... finally we have a community member who rides fast and will not hesitate to use his camera and share funny memories...

unlike the rest of the FFs...i don't know why they still bother to bring their cameras...

reason 1...negatives and printing are expensive..

reason 2..joel doesn't crash anymore and no pics to take....

reason 3..i'm not as good as joel when it comes to rr....

reason 4...i still don't have a smug account cuz i'm a cheap bastard..
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:34 PM   #6094
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains
hi tony.... finally we have a community member who rides fast and will not hesitate to use his camera and share funny memories...

unlike the rest of the FFs...i don't know why they still bother to bring their cameras...

reason 5...I'm so far behind everyone else that there's no one for me to take pics of
Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #6095
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
reason 5...I'm so far behind everyone else that there's no one for me to take pics of
Nah....I'm always behind you because I'm slower.

I crash alot but I'm so far back that the cameras are already at Newcomb's Ranch and half way through lunch.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #6096
knlkern
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
OK Joel.. you asked for it, you got it.. FINE!!

reason 6.. I only get one day off a week and couldn't post a ride report until I did all my chores.

reason 7.. I had to take that time to wash that crazy, metal eating mud, off of my Yamaha!

So here it go's!

After Mike's Roadhouse Cafe for breakfast, We fueled up (and as posted before we think Billy added something special to his fuel tank!) then we parked the trucks at Kayo's Trailer Park, always safe and secure from the toothless ones.

We headed out of Mo-jave down old Hwy58 crossed over the new Hwy58 until it turned into dirt then headed north on 20th St..

some street huh? encountered a few washouts and had to divert..

we soon hit Cal City limits along the tracks and the saw the sheepers
(insert prefered sheep joke here)

Before long, following the RR tracks, we arrived at Jawbone Canyon Store for refreshments..

We headed out from the store via Jawbone, no time for pics, before Blue Point we headed East for Dove Springs and Red Rock, where we encountered lots of whoop de doos, some fun two track and a gnarly downhill or two..until our rest stop at the entrada to Dove Springs, next stop, Red Rock Canyon!

Where Billy's KLR wanted a lil' sand nap!
Going down the infamous & sandy Last Chance Canyon

Which way is north?? Oh yeah..

after getting down & out of Last Chance Cyn, we were riding along the RR tracks by Koehn dry lake bed (not so dry) I was the last in the group.. I wont say his name but the ride leader, whos initials are "Bouncing Billy" (Oops), took off from the RR tracks and I'm thinkin'.."Where the Hell is he going.. NOOOOOooooooo!"
..this is near where I used to camp every Thanksgiving and I had pulled a friend out who got another buddy's ATC stuck in there many years ago..
I knew better than to ride out there and this was the result..

after the Koehn (dry?) Lake escapade we rode into Randsberg and had lunch, and it had quite an OHV crowd as they are very dirtbike friendly and that brings alot of income to their town every weekend!

Not many pics after lunch as we were behind on time and the sun was getting sleepy in the sky, no time for lollygaggin'!
Where we last saw Billy was just past the timber mineshaft - he went West as we followed the supposed plan (I'll bring all my radio's next time)
and the powerlines to Kramer Junction, fueled up and then slabbed it the 40 miles or so along Hwy58 into Moe-Jave.. Quite a harrowing experience with all the wind blowing us sideways out there! BB was waiting at the trucks in Mojave I was really glad as he was my ride and I didn't wanna slab it the 70 miles back to LA in the 40+ mph wind!!
Thanks to NW, BB and Toast, some great riding buds for sure!

knlkern screwed with this post 04-15-2009 at 11:51 PM
knlkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #6097
bouncing billy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 426
great rr and pics knlkern,can't wait for the next free weekend
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #6098
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

thanks chris for the nice rr....

reasons #6 and 7 are kinda lame....

where was yzlvr and dave? i guess they didn't get pinged (secretly invited)!.......

darn you guys...ride like this, always wish i'm no longer a nOOb...
Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #6099
SergX
Back on the Saddle

Oddometer: 211
If anyone's planning a local ride this Sat - looks like I'm out.

I was just doing some minor maintenance on the XT, and found I've lost a spoke on the rear tire.

Anyone want to teach me / show me how to replace it? Well, the actual spoke I know I can figure out... it's the part of removing and reinstalling the rear tire that I totally messed up last time - totally destroyed the tube.
SergX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #6100
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by SogniX
If anyone's planning a local ride this Sat - looks like I'm out.

I was just doing some minor maintenance on the XT, and found I've lost a spoke on the rear tire.

Anyone want to teach me / show me how to replace it? Well, the actual spoke I know I can figure out... it's the part of removing and reinstalling the rear tire that I totally messed up last time - totally destroyed the tube.
fill the tube with air to give it some shape, then stuff it in the tire. don't forget to put a generous amount of baby powder in the tire and on the new tube.
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #6101
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

where the heck is sito when you need him....

Old 04-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #6102
toast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
3 minutes of video

Video I took with the digital still cam from last Saturday. Sorry about the wind, have to muffle the little canon somehow.

Video I found from the Feb 21st ride. Head mechanic Joel working his magic with nowwhat providing feedback.

YouTube
Spot
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #6103
qwiksilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by knlkern
Going down the infamous & sandy Last Chance Canyon

Which way is north?? Oh yeah..
Ok, but did you do the infamous V Notch?

And no one rode through Burro Schmidt Mine? You probably could...but maybe shouldn't.
qwiksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #6104
knlkern
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
thanks chris for the nice rr....

reasons #6 and 7 are kinda lame....

Sorry Joel!

reasons #6 = When you run your own.. and you dont have any minion's..
the work gets done by you know who!

reasons #7 = that salty mud is no joke
we saw a barley pop can out there that was just a scrap of its former self
.. plus, I embellished my lake story a little to protect the innocent (or was it the guilty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksilver
Ok, but did you do the infamous V Notch?

And no one rode through Burro Schmidt Mine? You probably could...but maybe shouldn't.
Quicksy, I'm not sure if we did the V-Notch or not.. is it near the top?
As much as I have been up in the Rand Mountans I have never seen the Burro Schmidt Mine yet, It is on my to do list though!
Along with the Husky memorial, to which, I have never been.
knlkern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #6105
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast
Video I took with the digital still cam from last Saturday. Sorry about the wind, have to muffle the little canon somehow.

Video I found from the Feb 21st ride. Head mechanic Joel working his magic with nowwhat providing feedback.
You're supposed to jump those tracks . Thats why they have the ramp leading up to it .
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote